[A 'Mini-Con'!] Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 21st, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #167 of 266
Well, after around 6 hours of listening I'm convinced. I'll have my pair of Elear at the show for sale @$500 (which includes the stock pads as well as the aftermarket pads and foam dampening mods). Wanted to throw it out there before the show in case anyone might be interested.

Always prefer selling locally.

Oct 14, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #168 of 266
Well, after around 6 hours of listening I'm convinced. I'll have my pair of Elear at the show for sale @$500 (which includes the stock pads as well as the aftermarket pads and foam dampening mods). Wanted to throw it out there before the show in case anyone might be interested.

Always prefer selling locally.

Only 6 hours? i think the burn in is at least 80 hours.

Oct 14, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #170 of 266
Just outta curiosity, are they too thin sounding , poor SS, no detail, bass lite, bright, all of the above, etc.?

Oct 14, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #171 of 266
Just outta curiosity, are they too thin sounding , poor SS, no detail, bass lite, bright, all of the above, etc.?

To my ears, on my setup, almost none of the above. Very dynamic yet seem to present the music in a non-fatiguing way. The bass is beautiful to me, you can tell where it is and where it should be and there's enough quantity to make me very happy (compared to my Elear which are a bit more exaggerated in the bass). Possibly a little bright, but that's not the word that first comes to mind, some might hear "bright", I hear clear and crisp. Sound stage is nothing to really write home about, but no worse than the Elear, and I don't care much about the sound stage.

Everything is just so clear, so clean, so even. Everything I've listened to on them so far just sounds right, along with all the details I hadn't heard before. I think my favorite thing about these headphones after the resolution is the treble, it rides right below the line of sibilant for me and I love it.

Oct 14, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #172 of 266
Utopia is one of the best headphones I've heard at any price point. It's too bad they are $4000. Warranty is also a concern as it's 2 years and I'm pretty sure you end up getting either a refurbished one or a new one, not your own repaired unit.

Oct 15, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #175 of 266
I started with a DT880 Pro I bought from Guitar Center to use for mixing. I thought the price of $240 at the time was outrageous...look at me now lol!

Oct 15, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #179 of 266
I don't believe the room has a particular number, but *in theory* there should be signs pointing to the correct place (generally, it is to the left side of the front desk). I'll send an email and ask about a specific room number. If all else fails, there will be a desk with a "Head-Fi" sign outside the door. Plus, the front desk people would be able to direct you.

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #180 of 266
I listed what I would bring, but that was a while back. I can bring my Feliks-Audio Euforia OTL and my HD800S. Virtually all of my listening is Tidal HD, but I don't have a laptop to bring, so right now I'm not planning on bringing a source. I may have a Gumby by then with Gen5 USB, but not sure how well it would work without adequate on-time at the meet, and again lack of laptop is a problem. Anyway, this will be my first meet so I'm looking forward ot it.
In Seattle, we hot transported the Ygg and the Gumby using a basic computer backup battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back