ALO Sennheiser Headphone Cable
Feb 8, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #17 of 69
The cost involved in making these are pretty high though. I have tried the Jena wire. It is very flexible and sounds very nice. I'm excited to hear impressions!

Feb 9, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #18 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundfreq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have a new portable amp coming in, and a new desktop amp that i'm saving up for. after that i'll get a better source. this is where a senn recable comes in.
tongue.gif

curse you head-fi!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Glad to know it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 14, 2008 at 11:38 AM Post #19 of 69
I haven't made my mind up on the great cable debate thus far, but IMO this cable would be a great way to test the theory (for me at least...) Have owned my HD650s and source for quite some time without any upgrades to change their 'flavour'. A cable link directly between source and phones would allow my ears to test the 'good cables are better' theory without any other factors interfering.

Curious enough to give it a go, and willing for my ears to decide...

Feb 14, 2008 at 2:12 PM Post #20 of 69
I would love to see an introductory price on these so we could have more people immediately use the cable and give their review/impressions...
wink.gif
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #23 of 69
How does it sound compared with other 3rd party silver cables?

Feb 19, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #24 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=large]Count Down to ALO Sennheiser Cable.

[/size]
[size=large]Unleash the FULL potential of your HD600/HD650s

[/size]
I am currently testing this ALO / JenaLabs 18G Cryo headphone cable. We are using a dedicated high quality rhodium plated connectors that we are able to solder the cable directly to the poles, no splicing. I have been chomping at the bit to make a cable for these wonderful headphones. ALO is getting set up to sell Sennheiser headphones as a authorized dealer and will plan to bundle our Senn headphone cables with the new phones as well as sell the cable stand alone. Prices to follow after I can get all the initial testing done.

ALO-Senn.jpg

Senn-alone.jpg

Senn-on-box

stock-cable.jpg

The ALO Sennheiser Jumbo Cryo Headphone cable, nest to the stock Sennheiser cable.

My cats would tear that cable apart.
eek.gif

Are you going to make something with a more robust and durable covering?

Feb 20, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #28 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will this cabling fit on a HD580?

regards,

Yes, any Senn phone that has the detachable cable.

I am also making a more affordable version using a 20AWG Vampire Wire.

Almost done.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 21, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #30 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ris84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any idea of date of selling this bad boy ?

b0ris84 et al.

Thanks for the post

The more affordable Vampire Wired version (OCC 99.9999% pure stranded Copper) should be up later this weekend or Friday. The 20 AWG Vampire wire looks similar to the JenaLabs stuff, its in a clear jacket. I typically try not to sleeve the headphone cable because the sleeving makes a scratchy micro phonic sound whenever it is moved. The Vampire wire is warm and lush sounding.

The 18AWG Cryo cable is up now these are $385 for a 6-foot length more for longer lengths. I understand that the cost will be prohibitive for many. It is a function on the Cryo wires bulk price and of course, the assembly time involved. The headphone cable is a 4 wire flat weave. I understand there might be some that will have hard feelings about the price, please point your browser over to the Jenalabs web site and take a peek at their pricing of the cables they sell using the same wire. The 18G Cryo cable is an option, and that is what I want to provide, the option. Moreover, the Vampire version will be comparable to other headphone aftermarket vendors pricing. This cable (the 18G Cryo cable) is going to provide the limit of audio goodness for the Sennheiser headphone in terms of headphone cable signal degradation and sonic purity. To that end, I will be tackling the internal weakness (the bottleneck) that plagues the HD600, HD650s*. The modded headphone will be ordered with the 18G cable at a slightly reduced price when bought as a package. I will be selling the modded HD600 or 650 with the cable soon.*if everything works the way I am hoping it will work, never a given.

Thanks
Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back