ALO Sennheiser Headphone Cable
Mar 24, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #46 of 69
as for the Jena Labs cryo-hyped pricing/marketing crap...

when the cable costs more than a new HD600 set all I have to say is "PASS"
rolleyes.gif

Mar 24, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #47 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I'm curious about the HD-650 mods...

Me too....
Up till now I only see the HD600 advertised with this cable. Is there a reason for that? Is this cable maybe too lush in combination with the HD650?

Mar 25, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #48 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me too....
Up till now I only see the HD600 advertised with this cable. Is there a reason for that? Is this cable maybe too lush in combination with the HD650?

The guy is using it for an HD650, he is talking about the internal mods to replace the HD650 internal wires.

I'm replying to you and not the thread-crapper above you...

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #49 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm replying to you and not the thread-crapper you replied to...

I think you are mistaken here, I hardly think Bosch is a thread crapper.

Mar 25, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #50 of 69
Quote:

Me too....

I may be wrong but from my last (which is pretty recent) communication with Ken there will be no ALO modified HD650.

I have bought the ALO Jena Labs 18G Ultrawire cable for my HD650. I have now 10 hours on it. And looks like it is a winner though still too early to conclude.

F. Lo

Mar 25, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #51 of 69
Quote:

I think you are mistaken here, I hardly think Bosch is a thread crapper.

Fixed it, it was supposed to say "above you" (Know Talent) not "replied to" - If I don't post when I am on the phone, maybe I wont screw up like that again.

Mar 25, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #52 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Know Talent /img/forum/go_quote.gif

rolleyes.gif

just about all aftermarket senn cables cost more than the headphone.

Mar 25, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #53 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I may be wrong but from my last (which is pretty recent) communication with Ken there will be no ALO modified HD650.

I have bought the ALO Jena Labs 18G Ultrawire cable for my HD650. I have now 10 hours on it. And looks like it is a winner though still too early to conclude.

F. Lo

Thanks. I'd be very interested in your opinion when you've had some more time to listen.

Mar 25, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #54 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Know Talent /img/forum/go_quote.gif

rolleyes.gif

Oh jeeze.

The wire is neither hyped nor marketing "crap", I doubt I would be in business if it did not make a size able improvement on the quality of the listening experience. What one is willing to pay for this hobby is open to debate. I take pride and joy in making the things I do and fully believe in what I do and hear. There are a lot of products I make, build and sell that are not for everyone, this I understand. You can and are welcome to "pass" on them, thank you for your insight, opinion and "contribution" to the thread.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 1, 2008 at 2:29 PM Post #56 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken,

(not sure if I missed it in this thread...) Any update on the "internal mod" for the HD600/650? Is the bottleneck at the connector site?

thanks!

Hey Morph,

No actually I was surprised to report that the internal design of the HD headphones is pretty solid. I do not foresee any modifications on them coming from me.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Apr 2, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #57 of 69
I sent an email, forgot to add a subject. I am just wondering if I were to grab a balanced cable for the hd650's, if you would be able to whip up an adapter for single ended use.

Apr 3, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #58 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent an email, forgot to add a subject. I am just wondering if I were to grab a balanced cable for the hd650's, if you would be able to whip up an adapter for single ended use.

Yes no problem, always a good idea to have one that way you can use it on a non balanced system.

Ken

Apr 3, 2008 at 2:29 PM Post #59 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, any Senn phone that has the detachable cable.

I am also making a more affordable version using a 20AWG Vampire Wire.

Almost done.

Ken

here is a list of models that the HD650 ALO cable will fit:

HD535
HD545
HD565
HD580
HD600
HD650
HD265

Apr 7, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #60 of 69
not the HD-25-1-II (with the cups flipped?)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back