ALO Sennheiser Headphone Cable
Feb 22, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #32 of 69
Will there be a balanced version of the 18G Cryo, with lets say Furutech XLRs? ^^

Feb 22, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #33 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ynis Avalach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will there be a balanced version of the 18G Cryo, with lets say Furutech XLRs? ^^

Yes. I have not have time to get that on line yet.

Email me if anyone wants one though.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 26, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #35 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ris84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my plan was to get an equinox cable. I have thought long and hard over the past few days. I will be getting your's instead (i don't think i will be disappointed).

In don't either
biggrin.gif

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 27, 2008 at 6:36 AM Post #36 of 69
I shall be waiting for a balanced HD650 cable from you within the next couple of months hopefully. If i can somehow pull off affording a gs-x i will be anxious to grab that balanced cable.

Feb 28, 2008 at 10:32 AM Post #37 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To that end, I will be tackling the internal weakness (the bottleneck) that plagues the HD600, HD650s*. The modded headphone will be ordered with the 18G cable at a slightly reduced price when bought as a package. I will be selling the modded HD600 or 650 with the cable soon.*if everything works the way I am hoping it will work, never a given.

Thanks
Ken

Any clues to us on what this mod will consist of Ken?

Feb 28, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #39 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by snejk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any clues to us on what this mod will consist of Ken?

Hi Snejk

I am still working on the mod at this time so cant estimate this yet... hold please

Ken

Feb 28, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #40 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Ken,

Would it be possible to have a slimmer version using the Jena wires ? It is not about cost, but the bulk of the cable which may, I afraid, would affect the usability.

F. Lo

This is also an option. I did this to my E9s because I wanted them to be a true portable.

Thanks

Ken

Mar 10, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #41 of 69
Good timing!

My Zu Mobius SE has developed a right channel problem at the plug, probably due to a blanket/cable tangle malfunction in my bed (err, sorry, padded listening platform).

Will bounce over to the website to have a closer look...

Mar 10, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #42 of 69
Ken,

Now that you are a Senn dealer have you given any thought in perhaps offering the 650 with a direct wire option? You know some cryo wire directly to the voice coil wire instead of the potental bottleneck of the plugs.

Also you know I am not so sure about this cryo cable you have here. You might want to send me a loaner to get a third party review out to all the members.
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #43 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by crewchief /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken,

Now that you are a Senn dealer have you given any thought in perhaps offering the 650 with a direct wire option? You know some cryo wire directly to the voice coil wire instead of the potental bottleneck of the plugs.

Also you know I am not so sure about this cryo cable you have here. You might want to send me a loaner to get a third party review out to all the members.
biggrin.gif

I've already reviewed the JL vs Vampire wire for the HFI-780 thread. The results are the same with the HD600's and JL > Vampire wire, based on a short test I did with the HD600 version of Ken's cables. Sorry
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #45 of 69
I've been using my ALO Senn replacement cable for a few days now (thanks Ken).

The sound is very lush. There's a lot of detail and separation, i.e. slightly more 'airyness' in familiar recordings than I remember from the Zu. I probably need to switch between them to confirm this, if I can tape up the Zu so the right channel stays live.

Bass and high frequency extention is about the same to my ears. The ALO just gives a slightly smoother presentation overall. I only burned it in for a couple of songs before first listening. The signature has not changed since then, from what I can tell.

Now I'm curious about the HD-650 mods...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back