Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 9, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #13,771 of 18,459

Lets put an end to all the "extra treble" speculation.

It's not extra treble. it's faster treble response, and its natural not artificial.  It's not boosted treble amplification in the r.2.  Although I hate to refer to the graph, the graph of the r.2 clearly shows there is NO boosted treble difference from the r.1 version. The graphs are virtually the same. It is still the same so called "shelved" reponse.   It is extension in frequency boundaries and improved speed.  That is not translating to any unnatural or artificial treble artifacts or boosting. The extension and speed is not glare or harshness.  The extra speed translates to more "air" not boosted treble.   The improved speed does not translate into an analytical sound either.  It's still a smooth LCD presentation.

Did the Fedex guy finally show up?

Jul 9, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #13,773 of 18,459
Quote:
Did the Fedex guy finally show up?

Come riding in on the back of a hamster? 
biggrin.gif

-HK sends

Jul 9, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #13,774 of 18,459

Quote:
Come riding in on the back of a hamster? 
biggrin.gif

-HK sends

I've been listening all night.  Will post impression on Monday night.  I'd do it sooner but I have to get an exterminator in here those hamsters jumped out of the travel case and have been multiplying like crazy. It's worse than the trouble with tribbles.

Jul 9, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #13,775 of 18,459
ROTFLMAO!!!  Cursed Hamsters!

-HK sends

Quote:

I've been listening all night.  Will post impression on Monday night.  I'd do it sooner but I have to get an exterminator in here those hamsters jumped out of the travel case and have been multiplying like crazy. It's worse than the trouble with tribbles.

Jul 9, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #13,776 of 18,459
Watch out for the female ones, this one just convinced me to sell my lcd2 to get the rev2 pair with some of her offspring in it.

Jul 9, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #13,778 of 18,459

Quote:
You mean THIS??

Looks good in my system, eh?

Looks very nice indeed. Perhaps you could tell us all about it?

Jul 9, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #13,780 of 18,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorAnt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been listening all night.  Will post impression on Monday night. 

An all night listening session should be enough for someone with trained ears such as yourself to tell us whether you prefer revision 1 or 2, surely! The full report can follow :¬)

Jul 9, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #13,781 of 18,459

Quote:
Wow, i love those headpohnes; and the red knob looks mighty fine!

I don't know, I keep thinking of the circus whenever I see that red nos-- I mean knob :)

Jul 9, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #13,782 of 18,459

Excellent choice of picture, LOL. I think I was in the batch where the hamster (tribble) escaped from the case in transit!

Quote:

Quote:
ROTFLMAO!!!  Cursed Hamsters!

-HK sends

Jul 9, 2011 at 5:32 AM Post #13,785 of 18,459
I can't believer what I am going to say, but I hate week ends!!!
My LCD2 is currently in the city where I live and it's 5:30 PM. I probably won't get it until Monday. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back