Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 9, 2011 at 5:43 AM Post #13,786 of 18,459
Quote:
Yes, that is a great looking headphone system. And a very good photo, leesure.

I wonder how it would look with a wooden knob that matched the LCD-2's?

I thought the exact same thing :¬)

Quote:
I can't believer what I am going to say, but I hate week ends!!!
My LCD2 is currently in the city where I live and it's 5:30 PM. I probably won't get it until Monday.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Get outside and enjoy the world when you can, as you'll be compelled to stay indoors and listen to music from Monday onwards ;¬)

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #13,787 of 18,459

Quote:
Yes, that is a great looking headphone system. And a very good photo, leesure.

I wonder how it would look with a wooden knob that matched the LCD-2's?

+1

The wooden knob version would probably be the Audez'e/Isabellina rev.2 (or a mod). 
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #13,788 of 18,459

Quote:
The wooden knob version would probably be the Audez'e/Isabellina rev.2 (or a mod). 
biggrin.gif

But kidding aside, that's a beautiful headphone rig and I wish you health to enjoy it. 
o2smile.gif

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #13,789 of 18,459
HI All,

I have been lurking around this forum for a while. I got the new rev 2s today and after a brief A/B with the old rev 1s.....Im sending the rev 1s back for an upgrade.

For those who expected HD 800 type treble and simblance from the rev 2. No its not like that at all. Its still got the nice LCD sound.

The way I would describe it is like a thin veil was lifted from the mids and highs with an with added crispness. Listening to Eva Cassidy and her guitar, it seemed like her vocals moved forward slightly and the guitar work seemed tighter. The bass too got a tad tighter. 

As others have mentioned....the word better focus best describes the new sound. 

I used a centrance dacmini out to a Lyr. 

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #13,790 of 18,459
Quote:
HI All,

I have been lurking around this forum for a while. I got the new rev 2s today and after a brief A/B with the old rev 1s.....Im sending the rev 1s back for an upgrade.

For those who expected HD 800 type treble and simblance from the rev 2. No its not like that at all. Its still got the nice LCD sound.

The way I would describe it is like a thin veil was lifted from the mids and highs with an with added crispness. Listening to Eva Cassidy and her guitar, it seemed like her vocals moved forward slightly and the guitar work seemed tighter. The bass too got a tad tighter. 

Welcome, and thanks for the information. Similar to HKs findings. WA mentioned in the LCD-2 music thread that the rev 2's have brought the magic back (as you can achieve with a quality hifi/speaker set-up),  would imagine he'll be keeping them also. Looking forward to his write up!

On these findings so far, as much as I love rev 1s, I'll be getting them exchanged for the Rev 2s.

Jul 9, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #13,791 of 18,459

Quote:
Quote:

Treble attenuates faster than low frequencies.

There's a reason why a musician wouldn't put a mike down back in row 37, way off in the left wing in a recording situation. 

I'm baffled myself, because you're modest about your own hearing, but also implying others are hearing things wrong.

That treble attenuates faster than bass is exactly why I feel most phones are way too bright. They provide the balance one would get if sitting in the middle of an orchestra, but I never do that and I daresay few others do either.

As for implying others are hearing wrong, maybe I am, but it's an impression gained from times well before my hearing became quite so "modest". Actually, to be accurate, I don't think others hear wrong; I just think their goals are different, partly because their musical tastes are different. I can well understand that someone into rap or heavy metal doesn't have accuracy as a high priority when bright is so much more exciting. I guess if I were to be really honest, the real mystery to me is why people have those musical tastes in the first place, but that isn't a mystery likely to be solved anytime soon.  
rolleyes.gif

Jul 9, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #13,794 of 18,459

It is matter of personal taste. I know what I like but everyone else is entitled to their own opinion!

I like the balance of the bass, middle, and treble in the LCD-2's. It's like listening to full range hifi speakers in the midfield, i.e. 2 or 3 metres away (but with even better sound quality for less money and installation work). This point was made very well some 40 pages back but bear with me here... the treble is there with clarity and detail but not harsh or ear piercing like the accentuated treble in many other headphones we have mentioned in this thread.

Excessive HF is like using an enhancer on a mix track or making an individual instrument piercing, or oversharpening a photograph so it's gritty, or having too much capacitance on your phono preamp input so the cartridge signal peaks excessively rather than having an extended treble response.

Long live the LCD-2's v1 and v2!

Quote:
That treble attenuates faster than bass is exactly why I feel most phones are way too bright. They provide the balance one would get if sitting in the middle of an orchestra, but I never do that and I daresay few others do either.

As for implying others are hearing wrong, maybe I am, but it's an impression gained from times well before my hearing became quite so "modest". Actually, to be accurate, I don't think others hear wrong; I just think their goals are different, partly because their musical tastes are different. I can well understand that someone into rap or heavy metal doesn't have accuracy as a high priority when bright is so much more exciting. I guess if I were to be really honest, the real mystery to me is why people have those musical tastes in the first place, but that isn't a mystery likely to be solved anytime soon.  
rolleyes.gif

Jul 9, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #13,795 of 18,459
Nice picture

Quote:

I think I may have uncovered a trade secret - how the LCD-2 curve was developed:

And there's room for some little ones in the middle!

If I see more comparison like that I will go for the rev.2 :)

Quote:
HI All,

Jul 9, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #13,796 of 18,459
Please, can someone explain to me the hamster!  Its going over my head and I cannot compute What hamsters have in relation to this particular headphone.

confused.gif

Jul 9, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #13,798 of 18,459

Quote:
Looks very nice indeed. Perhaps you could tell us all about it?

Not yet...Patience.  I wanna let it burn in before doing any critical assessments.  Suffice it to say that I've been listening 'non-critically' for HOURS since it arrived on Thursday afternoon.  The smile is permanently glued onto my face.

Jul 9, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #13,799 of 18,459
Quote:
I think I may have uncovered a trade secret - how the LCD-2 curve was developed:

And there's room for some little ones in the middle!

Hahaha!

Quote:
Please, can someone explain to me the hamster!  Its going over my head and I cannot compute What hamsters have in relation to this particular headphone.

confused.gif

They're going to take over the world, basically :¬)

Quote:
Not yet...Patience.  I wanna let it burn in before doing any critical assessments.  Suffice it to say that I've been listening 'non-critically' for HOURS since it arrived on Thursday afternoon.  The smile is permanently glued onto my face.

Revision 2's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back