Audeze LCD-4
Oct 29, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #1,231 of 11,995
Oct 29, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #1,232 of 11,995
Shembot, thanks for your well-written preview of the LCD-4.  Please do share with us how you got your 4 so early.  It seems most of us still have weeks to wait for ours.

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #1,233 of 11,995
Shembot, thanks for your well-written preview of the LCD-4.  Please do share with us how you got your 4 so early.  It seems most of us still have weeks to wait for ours.

If you've been following the thread for a while, you may have seen my earlier posts about having major issues with the checkout and purchasing process. It turns out that, as the first person to attempt to order, I was the unexpected and unintentional "Guinea pig" for the new checkout process and purchasing experience for the LCD-4. Because it took up so much of my time and energy and went more poorly than expected, Audeze was kind enough to let me have the first one released. They really did a fantastic job accommodating me and helping me through the process after all the problems, too. They have some really great people there. Hopefully this means all future orders will go smoothly. :)

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #1,234 of 11,995
Shembot, I recall your issues checking out with Paypal, good on Audeze for doing right by you.  Strangely enough the minor issue I had with the checkout process was the opposite of yours.  I kept in mind the issues you had when I placed my order and for that reason I initially opted to avoid using the Paypal checkout option. However my debit card was declined so I crossed my fingers and tried Paypal, which to my relief was immediately approved even though it's linked to the same checking account as the declined debit card.  Go figure.  

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #1,236 of 11,995
I just received my LCD-4s today! Mark said that I was the second order placed online so it looks like they are moving through the pre-orders.

Getting them plugged in now so impressions to come soon...

For gods sake what do they smell like and are you married?

Gratz on the purchase.

I hope they please as much as Shembots. .and go with the house decor...

Any pre hints before getting down with them for the burn in...
Look forward to your report DD 8^)

Don't know why I come here, turning me into a bitter old man...and a demanding 2 year old...tsk..

Oct 29, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #1,238 of 11,995
L3000.gif
Quote:
For gods sake what do they smell like and are you married?

Gratz on the purchase.

I hope they please as much as Shembots. .and go with the house decor...

Any pre hints before getting down with them for the burn in...
Look forward to your report DD 8^)

Don't know why I come here, turning me into a bitter old man...and a demanding 2 year old...tsk..

No odors and I am married.

As for hints, they have a full soundstage out of the box (need to work them out a bit to see final state) but I believe I have already confirmed Shembot's observation around the "buzzing"...no judgements yet.

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #1,240 of 11,995
Just a reminder for those who can't get the LCD 4 but are an Audeze fan.
Indiegogo campaign there is a $5 dollar perk for a T-SHIRT.

Not a substitute for a shiny KING + LCD 4 . But it's cotton material can absorb tears and make you look cool as people ask why you look sad..

Burn in time 200 washes, impressions later, Tyll mentioned it's very coloured...

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #1,241 of 11,995
Just a reminder for those who can't get the LCD 4 but are an Audeze fan.

Not a substitute for a shiny KING + LCD 4 . But it's cotton material can absorb tears and make you look cool as people ask why you look sad..

Burn in time 200 washes, impressions later, Tyll mentioned it's very coloured...

Link?

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #1,242 of 11,995

Ha, I see what you did there. Coloured. :p

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #1,243 of 11,995
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-king-headphone-amp-by-bascom-king-for-audeze#/

sorry I have the App, so was no linkage

Look for $5 Big thanks perk and click right arrow down.

yes an Audeze product that leaves the shirt on your back..8p

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #1,245 of 11,995
Thanks, I had to get me an Audeze t-shirt for $5 (being about $7k short of an LCD-4/King Amp).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back