Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Jul 8, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #3,977 of 5,780
We tracked down the issue to a windows update that came out recently. We have an update we are testing. But because this is part of the driver, we have to get this through microsoft certification that takes time. If you are local, you can ship or bring the unit to us and we can update it quite easily.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jul 11, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #3,978 of 5,780
Big problem here.

Can anyone check the Blue or copper pieces just above the speaker cups for horizontal cracks?
I have it both sides, team copper.The inned part of the copper band going into the headban is completely cracked trough, popping out from time to time. This makes the clamping force basically disappear, losing a sense of bass and comfort ( they feel like they'll just fall off my head )

I'm getting disappointed in the build quality of this headset. I have it less than a year ( Indigogo ) and the earcup cushions deform, the soft finnish starts to peel, and now I feel like the cups simply might fall off.

Any Idea what to do with this?

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #3,980 of 5,780
Not sure if this has been posted yet and with 266 pages here I think I'll just post it instead of searching it down...

Today I was messing around listening to music and it dawned on me that the Mobius sounds/works better via USB mode... so not ever have I used the USB 3D mode being an IOS user, I thought.. maybe... just maybe I would try to plug in the Mobius via USB into my iphone X and see what would happen... first off, I am using the Apple " Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter "
from here.. https://www.apple.com/shop/product/...s-us-kwgo-pla-btb--slid-----product-MK0W2AM/A

So I plug the adapter into the Iphone and plug the USB cable from the Mobius into the USB port of the adapter ( did not plug in the iphone charge cable yet ) and I turn the Mobius on to see if it would see the Iphone... so the Girl voice kicks in and reports ... USB...Bluetooth...USB...Bluetooth... over and over... So at least I'm half way there... I go and get the iphone charging cable and plug it into the adapter and into the charger... turn on the Modius now and the Girl comes back with USB... So I go to youtube on the phone and search down Dolby Atmos vids for the test... and sure enough the Modius plays back the vids and they sounded great, ( not Atmos perfect but 3D nice )...

Then I load up the movie Blade Runner 2045 and watch it... the dynamics of this combo is great... so not wanting to be tied down via the charger in the wall I plug the setup into a portable USB power bank and walla... I'm portable now... and yes the mobius sounds amazing this way...

Short story - You can run the Modius in 3D USB mode on a IOS device with the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter... and it sounds fantastic... works with Ipad or Iphone...

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #3,981 of 5,780
Not sure if this has been posted yet and with 266 pages here I think I'll just post it instead of searching it down...

Today I was messing around listening to music and it dawned on me that the Mobius sounds/works better via USB mode... so not ever have I used the USB 3D mode being an IOS user, I thought.. maybe... just maybe I would try to plug in the Mobius via USB into my iphone X and see what would happen... first off, I am using the Apple " Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter "
from here.. https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter?afid=p238|sxGOcO7Q8-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_246386725857_pgrid_14874603490_&cid=aos-us-kwgo-pla-btb--slid-----product-MK0W2AM/A

So I plug the adapter into the Iphone and plug the USB cable from the Mobius into the USB port of the adapter ( did not plug in the iphone charge cable yet ) and I turn the Mobius on to see if it would see the Iphone... so the Girl voice kicks in and reports ... USB...Bluetooth...USB...Bluetooth... over and over... So at least I'm half way there... I go and get the iphone charging cable and plug it into the adapter and into the charger... turn on the Modius now and the Girl comes back with USB... So I go to youtube on the phone and search down Dolby Atmos vids for the test... and sure enough the Modius plays back the vids and they sounded great, ( not Atmos perfect but 3D nice )...

Then I load up the movie Blade Runner 2045 and watch it... the dynamics of this combo is great... so not wanting to be tied down via the charger in the wall I plug the setup into a portable USB power bank and walla... I'm portable now... and yes the mobius sounds amazing this way...

Short story - You can run the Modius in 3D USB mode on a IOS device with the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter... and it sounds fantastic... works with Ipad or Iphone...
I have the same annoying issue with it doing USB...Bluetooth...USB...Bluetooth... most of the time with the adapter. Someone suggested you have to turn off the Mobius charging via USB when connected that way. I've had fewer problems using the prior version of the CCK, which is also less cumbersome.

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #3,982 of 5,780
When you guys get the "USB...BT...USB...BT..." issue, have you thought about turning off the Bluetooth of the phone or it's turned on by default?

PS: I wanted to know if it's possible through an update to shorten the wait time when switching settings or turning off and on the headset. Waiting more than 5 seconds every time I turn it on and off started getting annoying to me. Plus, when it turns on, I have to first go into Manual mode, then Auto mode and finally no 3D if I don't want to use it (which happens to be quite often, because the quality on these headphones is very good).

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #3,984 of 5,780
Anyone have issues with dropouts cutouts on mqa files on hi res mode? Seems to only happen on some tracks. Not sure if it’s the cord, the WiFi or tidal. Thanks.

Jul 13, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #3,985 of 5,780
One more: would the sq in hi res mode be different/better using tidal mqa over android versus hi res mode with tidal on an iPhone over a cck adapter? I am not sure the iPhone supports mqa files in this scenario. Thanks.

Jul 13, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #3,986 of 5,780
I don't think the Mobius supports MQA... you would have to feed the MQA file to a MQA compatible DAC/AMP for the MQA File to be unfolded... so the Mobius should sound the same if its being fed from the MQA compatible DAC/AMP... the phones act only as the source not the conversion from tidal...

Jul 13, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #3,987 of 5,780
I don't think the Mobius supports MQA... you would have to feed the MQA file to a MQA compatible DAC/AMP for the MQA File to be unfolded... so the Mobius should sound the same if its being fed from the MQA compatible DAC/AMP... the phones act only as the source not the conversion from tidal...
Thanks. I was able to play some master files on tidal over uapp but they were cutting out a lot. I wonder if that’s why.

Jul 13, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #3,988 of 5,780
Probably not the Mobius causing this... the master files from tidal just play back as standard files unless a MQA DAC recognizes the MQA tag... if no MQA DAC then the files should just play on your phones output but wont be MQA unfolded... my experience with tidal was it could mess up quite a bit depending on what I had running in the background... it seemed to be a resource hog... and MQA was a hit or miss deal even with a MQA DAC... at least for me... others probably don't have these issues but my computer is not that new...

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #3,990 of 5,780
Don't know if anyone noticed but these are on sale for Prime Day.
It might be too late, but I managed to score these yesterday for $299 on amazon.

Questions for the thread: Is there a difference between using USB-C or USB 3.0? I have an open USB-A 3.0 (and also 2.0) on the front of my PC case, but the USB-C port is in the back. I also have a soundcard with a headphone control pod, but I assume USB is better than AUX for these. Also, if my PC still sends power to the USB ports when off, should I still disconnect the headphones from my PC when I'm not using them?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back