Audio Zenith PMx2 Impressions page
Apr 9, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #136 of 393
  Anyone know what you're suppose to send in when you have your PM-2s upgraded to the PMx2s.  Just the headphones?  Headphone, case, box, cables and new velour pads if you have them?  Alex sent me the mailing address but didn't mention what I need to send in and I'd like to get them sent out today so he has them on Monday.  Thanks in advance.

headphones, cable, and velour pads. Might as well use the oppo case and box for protection, he'll return those.

The velour pads will be modified and permanently attached to the headphones. Alex said earlier in this thread if you need new pads due to wear to contact him. 

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #137 of 393

headphones, cable, and velour pads. Might as well use the oppo case and box for protection, he'll return those.

The velour pads will be modified and permanently attached to the headphones. Alex said earlier in this thread if you need new pads due to wear to contact him. 

Thanks for the quick response.  Will get them shipped today. 

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #140 of 393
Hey! This is Will from Linear Tube Audio. If anyone is in the Chicago area, Alex was kind enough to lend us a pair of PMx2s to use at our booth in the Ear Gear Expo at AXPONA, running from today until Sunday. So if you'd like to try a pair out, we've got one, and it sounds beautiful. 

Apr 22, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #144 of 393
I can't believe more people haven't jumped on this band wagon.  I purchased a used pair of PM-2s from the classifieds here and although I liked them I thought they could be a lot better.  So I stumbled on this thread and searched google for more impressions/reviews.  After reading all the rave reviews I decided to contact Alex.  Best move I've ever made.  What Alex has done with the PM-2 is nothing short of a miracle.  The sound signature is smooth as silk from my Emotiva DC-1>Cavalli Liquid Carbon.

Honestly I had to seriously consider all my options considering the $699 price tag but man I'm glad I went down this road.  I've purchased so many midfi headphones trying to find that sound signature I was looking for and reluctant to spend the big bucks on high end headphones. All of which had one flaw or another I was concerned about.  What I found was my end game headphone in the Audio Zenith PMx2 and for that I thank you Alex.  I can now spend all my time enjoying the music as it should be.

Apr 22, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #145 of 393
My relentless pursuit of portable audio perfection has, at times, had me relating to Don Quixote. That is, up until now. I have paired the PMx2s with a FULLY BURNED-IN PonoPlayer and I can say my quixotic journey is over. I have arrived at portable audio nirvana. Nothing, for any amount of money, comes close. Liquid, airy, fast... and all for $1,800! In your pocket! Walking around! And, sure, $1,800 isn't cheap by any measure... but I am not paying anything close to the over-the-top Louis Vuitton prices for competitive cans and DAPs, which would be on the order of $7,000!!! Thank you Alex Zaets! Thank you Charlie Hansen!

Jul 29, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #146 of 393
Anyone live in the Rhode Island/NYC/Connecticut/Mass area who might be able to let me sample the PMx2? I'm curious to hear them. I currently use the Ether Open 1.1 but think these might be even better than the Ether. This is just a shot in the dark - but if anyone would be able to, I'd love to hear them if only for a short while to test them out. PM me if able/interested. Thanks.

Aug 9, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #149 of 393
For those of you who have the PMx2 or have heard it a few times, which can does it remind you of most? I've heard it resembles the HD600/650. I've heard the 650 (not through a good amp though, only AudioQuest USB Dac/Amp unfortunately), never heard the HD600. Thanks. 

Aug 9, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #150 of 393
  For those of you who have the PMx2 or have heard it a few times, which can does it remind you of most? I've heard it resembles the HD600/650. I've heard the 650 (not through a good amp though, only AudioQuest USB Dac/Amp unfortunately), never heard the HD600. Thanks. 

Unfortunately I don't have the 600 or 650, but I did get a HEX for a week, and I though they were similar, but the PMx2 was better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back