AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 19, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #1,501 of 5,890
I know it was already mentioned there are 4 tubes/channels on the T800, but it's amazing how most major vendors have that wrong? They say "sophisticated three tube system, Linsoul, AlieExpress, Amazon. Drop was the only one that had it right? You can clearly see there are four tubes and it's surprising these have been out for a while and the info is still wrong.

I agree, but I guess where they are coming from, they count the mids 2 tubes as 1 because mids haha. But yes, its actually 4 in total

Aug 19, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #1,502 of 5,890
FastAndClean, how does the T800 compare the NiceHCK F3?
oh wow, the forbidden fruit, the F3, was loving it, had to return it, T800 sound like a bass monster compared to F3, F3 has more mids, the mids had that very open dynamic feel to them, F3 has a lot of treble, probably more than T800
i was liking them but was getting fatigue without noticing, similar to the NX7, my only explanation for that is the narrow peak centered at 5 khz if i remember correctly

Aug 19, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #1,503 of 5,890
It depends also on the iems, I would prefer the S8 for on the go as it isnt as bulky and heavy compared to the S16. I just find for me that the S16 overall has a clearer presentation, the lows are tighter but also has more punch while texture and detail is improved by 3-5%. Mids would be sounding slightly more forward, clarity and resolution would also be improved while sounding maybe a bit more smoother, again a 3-5% better, treble would gain a bit more extension and clarity as well, details would pop a bit more and also again, maybe some added smoothness, so a 3-5% better increase. Imaging would be slightly better 3-5%. And sound stage would be slight better 3-5%. They arent big changes but once you listen closely and add it as a whole thats where the real difference comes and to me. I prefer the S16 much more for critical listening it gives the slight bit extra. As a whole it could be 25% better maybe more or slightly less. Depends if that % really matters to you. But it also depends on the iem, if the iem is already a very detailed iem, has a massive soundstage and all the goodies, the percentage may be %15 better but if it is a darker iem and needs a nice boost, which in my case I used the S16 for the Oriveti New Primacy. It felt more like 40% better as it was a warmer darker iem and I could really feel and hear the improvements. So not it isnt a massive difference but it is a nice slight improvement that is noticeable. Now, the big question is, should you spend more than 70usd on a cable? For me. Hell no. The most expensive cable I ever bought was the Effect Audio Ares ii+ and the Oriveti Affinity cable. Don't get me wrong, they are really nice cables. But I much prefer the ISN S16 and it is much less and to me, built much better, I have used and abbused the living hell out of that cable and its like a metal rope, still lives on. So thats my few cents of what I think of cables. It does do a difference but isnt night and day. Mainly a cable is used for slight improvements such as to tame treble, add some needed sparkle or low end, add a lil boost to the mids and better build quality than stock :)

You for sure have much better ears than me. I can notice the changes in the sound when switching from spc to copper (my wife doesn't). And if limited to the cables I own, can notice the litz one too (mainly because background noise but not in all tracks). But really find very hard to notice differences between two copper ones (10€-50€) or two SPCs, most times even from different manufacturers.
But I was told that the number of cores (speaking of same connectors and conductors) can affect BAs in some way, and this has to do with some of the IEMs specs. Maybe that is the reason (apart from golden ears) :)

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #1,504 of 5,890
I agree, but I guess where they are coming from, they count the mids 2 tubes as 1 because mids haha. But yes, its actually 4 in total

Maybe, but tubes/channels are not the same thing obviously. Adding up drivers to say that is the amount of tubes makes no sense especially when they clarify the amount of drivers and tubes separately in their product description.

If they do not state the amount of drivers and say 3 tubes I can see the error in logic/info. If they do not state the amount of tubes and only the 8 drivers I can see the error in logic again but they do state both. They should know their products better or clean up their logic/description LOL.

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #1,505 of 5,890
@HardstyleLoco96 I am searching for cable right now which cable tames the brightness can you help me?

@hakuzen said this is the best cable but I dont know if this adds more brightness or more treble which I dont prefer .. dont know if this pairs well with t800

www.aliexpress.com/item/1000007909452.html

@HardstyleLoco96 I read that ISN C16 add more brightness if I am not wrong from penon reviews

I think I need ISN AUDIO S16 or ISN H16 thanks for the find man

I am going for ISN AUDIO C16 thanks all
Frequency response doesn't change noticeably with cables in normal conditions (exceptions are BA IEMs with very high resistance cable, or very low impedance phones).
But due to other attributes, perception of lows or highs seems to vary. You get thicker perception of lows with most copper cables, while highs seems to be enhanced when using silver or silver plated cables.

Audiosense T800 is a multi BA very low impedance (around 8-9ohms@1kHz) IEM.
Keeping low output impedance is critical for this IEM, if you want to get its normal frequency response (I don't know the impedance curve of T800, so I can't tell if you'll get harsher or tamed treble when using high output impedance).
Very few smartphones have output impedance below 1ohm, which is desirable in this case. I don't know output impedance of Samsung J3, I guess it's between 1 and 2 ohms (not bad).
In this case, the resistance of a decent cable won't affect much to total output impedance in proportion.

I get thicker bass perception while black background, so warmer perception overall, with cable 125, which has the lowest resistance in my list besides. But it's in the stiff and heavy side.
Cable 170/171 (frozen up-occ copper litz) is my favorite copper, you get more neutral perception. I'd choose any of these, 170/171 or 125, and would avoid silver or silver plated copper ones in your case.
About ISN Audio cables, read my comments in my list. you get much brighter perception with S16 than with C16. C16 is probably the warmest copper cable from decent ones in my list, but, to my taste, in excess; I didn't like it much.

Regardless of cable, to tame treble, I'd try tip rolling (narrow bore in long tip will help), ensure total output impedance below 1ohm (you'd need a different source), equalize, and/or add a bit of micropore tape in the nozzle.
EDIT: foam tips can also help with 8-10kHz treble peaks

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #1,506 of 5,890
Frequency response doesn't change noticeably with cables in normal conditions (exceptions are BA IEMs with very high resistance cable, or very low impedance phones).
But due to other attributes, perception of lows or highs seems to vary. You get thicker perception of lows with most copper cables, while highs seems to be enhanced when using silver or silver plated cables.

Audiosense T800 is a multi BA very low impedance (around 8-9ohms@1kHz) IEM.
Keeping low output impedance is critical for this IEM, if you want to get its normal frequency response (I don't know the impedance curve of T800, so I can't tell if you'll get harsher or tamed treble when using high output impedance).
Very few smartphones have output impedance below 1ohm, which is desirable in this case. I don't know output impedance of Samsung J3, I guess it's between 1 and 2 ohms (not bad).
In this case, the resistance of a decent cable won't affect much to total output impedance in proportion.

I get thicker bass perception while black background, so warmer perception overall, with cable 125, which has the lowest resistance in my list besides. But it's in the stiff and heavy side.
Cable 170/171 (frozen up-occ copper litz) is my favorite copper, you get more neutral perception. I'd choose any of these, 170/171 or 125, and would avoid silver or silver plated copper ones in your case.
About ISN Audio cables, read my comments in my list. you get much brighter perception with S16 than with C16. C16 is probably the warmest copper cable from decent ones in my list, but, to my taste, in excess; I didn't like it much.

Regardless of cable, to tame treble, I'd try tip rolling (narrow bore in long tip will help), ensure total output impedance below 1ohm (you'd need a different source), equalize, and/or add a bit of micropore tape in the nozzle.
I want to see the impedance response vs freq. That will tell us how it can react to different levels of impedance.

Aug 19, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #1,508 of 5,890
oh wow, the forbidden fruit, the F3, was loving it, had to return it, T800 sound like a bass monster compared to F3, F3 has more mids, the mids had that very open dynamic feel to them, F3 has a lot of treble, probably more than T800
i was liking them but was getting fatigue without noticing, similar to the NX7, my only explanation for that is the narrow peak centered at 5 khz if i remember correctly
I heard the treble can be a bit hard on the ears. I am curios if a copper cable and some eartips would help tame it down, as its another iem I am interested in. Out of the T800 and F3, which had better overall clarity and micro detail? I do feel that I'd prefer the T800 due I might feeo the F3 is slightly light for me, but maybe eq could help out...

Aug 19, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #1,509 of 5,890
I know it was already mentioned there are 4 tubes/channels on the T800, but it's amazing how most major vendors have that wrong? They say "sophisticated three tube system, Linsoul, AlieExpress, Amazon. Drop was the only one that had it right? You can clearly see there are four tubes and it's surprising these have been out for a while and the info is still wrong.

Here is a more clear sharper pic that you an clearly see 4 tubes.

Hi, I see that you have the T800 and have also heard the CA Andromeda and BGVP DM7. How does the T800 measure up to those?
TIA!

Aug 19, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #1,510 of 5,890
So these are very quick impressions of the filters I got... it's the metal ones and fit well.

Edit. Using small spiral dots and 4 core copper wire

Green - bass boost but sacrificing the highs.
Brown - less bass then green but adds high back - not as airy as stock
Grey - seems to have more 'ss' then stock ..weird. bass is slightly more than stock
White - airy highs are back with a bit of bass boost

My personal favorite is brown. I will listen to it for a few days or so and switch to white (second favorite). Green and grey I'm not too interested (may or may not revisit later)

It's fun tuning this :)

Edit. Missing the highs... went to whites.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #1,511 of 5,890
So these are very quick impressions of the filters I got... it's the metal ones and fit well.

Green - bass boost but sacrificing the highs.
Brown - less bass then green but adds high back - not as airy as stock
Grey - seems to have more 'ss' then stock ..weird. bass is slightly more than stock
White - airy highs are back with a bit of bass boost

My personal favorite is brown. I will listen to it for a few days or so and switch to white (second favorite). Green and grey I'm not too interested (may or may not revisit later)

What colour are the stock dampers?

Aug 20, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #1,513 of 5,890
I am not certain, but I think the Copper cable that comes now with the T800 has been further improved.... Saw a post on reddit and it looked similar to the SPC cable, same connectors just the cable is copper. Hmmm...
Audiosense also posted it on Facebook.

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #1,514 of 5,890

T180?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back