Campfire Audio Chromatic Series
Sep 19, 2023 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 462

SpaceInvader77

100+ Head-Fier
What is everyone’s thoughts on Campfire Audios new Chromatic series? It appears CFA is attempting to market this as a more budget line of IEMs.

Gone are the Equinox and Solstice, but Supermoon is still here. All four models are offered in custom and universal versions.

I’m excited to hear about these new tunings, especially the Bonneville!

IMG_1417.jpeg

Sep 19, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #2 of 462
Question is..... Does the different colors make them sound better:sweat_smile: None of the colors are my cup of tea, so I will not be buying just because of the looks. Ultimately, they need to sound great.......

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #3 of 462
As has been noted here previously, based on similarity of driver configurations, the Bonneville appears to be an update / replacement for the standard Solaris, the Ponderosa for the Andromeda, and the Cascara for the Mammoth or Atlas.

The shape of new offerings continues the more custom appearance of 2022 Supermoon / Equinox series.

CFA has also streamlined their website, with no visible archive pages, no link to the Campfireaudio.market used website. Maybe they will bring that all back soon.

Sep 21, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #6 of 462
As has been noted here previously, based on similarity of driver configurations, the Bonneville appears to be an update / replacement for the standard Solaris, the Ponderosa for the Andromeda, and the Cascara for the Mammoth or Atlas.

The shape of new offerings continues the more custom appearance of 2022 Supermoon / Equinox series.

CFA has also streamlined their website, with no visible archive pages, no link to the Campfireaudio.market used website. Maybe they will bring that all back soon.
I wonder about tunings. Like, will the Ponderosa have a similar tuning to Emerald Sea or older versions on Andromeda.

I also know people who would have loved a custom Solaris, maybe Bonneville is what some of us have been waiting for.

Sep 21, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #7 of 462
I wonder about tunings. Like, will the Ponderosa have a similar tuning to Emerald Sea or older versions on Andromeda.

I also know people who would have loved a custom Solaris, maybe Bonneville is what some of us have been waiting for.
Well, I have to confess ignorance in all the CFA tuning variations. I have the 2020 Dorado, and have only tried several of the lower line older CFA IEMs, like Polaris, Comet, etc. I would love to hear the Andromeda but I've never heard a BA bass representation that I like, so I wouldn't probably ever buy it. The Solaris I would be interested in, but at its price point, I have other hobbies, etc that attract me so a $1K+ IEM is probably not in my future!

Sep 21, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #8 of 462
Well, I have to confess ignorance in all the CFA tuning variations. I have the 2020 Dorado, and have only tried several of the lower line older CFA IEMs, like Polaris, Comet, etc. I would love to hear the Andromeda but I've never heard a BA bass representation that I like, so I wouldn't probably ever buy it. The Solaris I would be interested in, but at its price point, I have other hobbies, etc that attract me so a $1K+ IEM is probably not in my future!
You know, I've only ever tried the 2020 and Emerald Sea variants of Andromeda. I actually owned the 2020 for quite some time, and although the BA bass doesn't hit hard, I sometimes miss it. There's something about how textured the low end is on Andromeda that is very satisfying. I don't think I've had an IEM like it since. Now, that's not saying I haven't owned other all BA IEMs, but Andromeda seems to do it well. I am in the minority I believe, as most others say the low end doesn't do it for them.

Knowing that the Solstice was based off Andromeda, I wonder how Ponderosa compares. Especially since Solstice came in at $1500 and Ponderosa is $800. I wouldn't be surprised if they were real similar, especially given they lowered the entry point for Supermoon. At $1,099 I truly believe it is a good deal.

Solaris is one of the first IEMs that I truly fell for, and the only one I still kick myself for selling. If the Bonneville had a classic Solaris tuning, I think it's something I would check out. Still not sure on the color though...

Sep 21, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #9 of 462
Alright, so CFA responded back to me regarding these new IEMs. Their response is below.
  • Ponderosa will be very similar to Solstice, but it does have an updated mid-driver and further refinements to its tuning, creating better overall imaging.
  • Bonneville is indeed in a similar lineage as Solaris, with a hybrid design that has great low-end impact with spacious, expansive highs and great vocal range response.
  • Cascara uses a single full-range dynamic driver, creating a fun, engaging sound with a big bass presence and a warm, naturalistic high and mid response.

Sep 21, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #10 of 462
Alright, so CFA responded back to me regarding these new IEMs. Their response is below.
  • Ponderosa will be very similar to Solstice, but it does have an updated mid-driver and further refinements to its tuning, creating better overall imaging.
  • Bonneville is indeed in a similar lineage as Solaris, with a hybrid design that has great low-end impact with spacious, expansive highs and great vocal range response.
  • Cascara uses a single full-range dynamic driver, creating a fun, engaging sound with a big bass presence and a warm, naturalistic high and mid response.

So what you're telling me is that they just completely replaced ALL of their best-selling, great-looking, solid aluminum IEMs with cheap/weird-looking, neon-colored plastic, quasi-custom-fit versions, and those are the only versions that will be available going forward?!?

200w copy.gif

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2023 at 8:19 PM Post #11 of 462
So what you're telling me is that they just completely replaced ALL of their best-selling, great-looking, solid aluminum IEMs with cheap/weird-looking, neon-colored plastic, quasi-custom-fit versions, and those are the only versions that will be available going forward?!?

200w copy.gif
Welllllll…… It doesn’t appear they got rid of Solaris Stellar Horizon or Trifecta. Although it’s currently sold out, I cannot imagine they are doing away with Emerald Sea either!

Sep 21, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #13 of 462

That completely sucks! Actually, I am glad that I kept my Andromedas collection and the solaris mercury, then!

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #14 of 462
https://www.campfireaudio.com/products/supermoon-1

According to supermoon page, as it has a live purchasing button, the models are available as universal fit or custom fit

The pages do not seem to confirm the precise type of material (?) In the context of custom fit you do not normally see all metal materials

Sep 22, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #15 of 462
I assume, but may be wrong, that they will soon update the pages about each IEM with material, specs, etc., like they previously had. When they continue to get emails questioning that information, they will make it public probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back