Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Jan 10, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #31 of 1,152
I’m a sucker for pretty pictures. More, more.
I first heard about Campfire watching a Darko video several years ago about the Comet, but I wasn’t remotely interested in headphones or IEMs at the time. I was (and still am) heavily invested in my speaker setup. It did get my attention though. Started buying headphones about 2 years ago, and then bought one of the last available Onyx in late ‘22 as my first IEM. But it seems things are now accelerating. I had barely received my Marketplace Holocene when I impulse bought Black Star. And I couldn’t be happier about it.IMG_9008.jpeg
Thank you! I'm happy you're enjoying your earphones! :) Holocene is an awesome model with one of my favorite case designs. I remember it was also crazy difficult during those pandemic years to get all of the 'glow-in-the-dark' elements for the earphone, cable, case zipper, packaging, etc. But totally worth it! Super fun model and good times :)

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 10, 2024 at 7:19 PM Post #32 of 1,152
I'll be bringing my DMP Z1, NayParm Modded WM1Z and Cayin N30LE AP Edition for you to try out and enjoy for CanJam NYC :)
For sure, I'd love to hear! Looking forward to it :)

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 10, 2024 at 7:37 PM Post #33 of 1,152
They are spring tips from Moondrop. Well known for preserving treble and thinning out lower mid and midbass. It’s a stickier version of your stock silicone tips.

The cable is the stock cable from Dunu Falcon Ultra. I’m still looking for a replacement cable for andro 2020, as this cable is also a bit too stiff.
Cool, thanks for the tip :) I'll pick some up and see if it works out for my setup.

Yeah, finding the right cable can be tricky, for sure. It's a journey. Not to push our stuff too much, but you could consider our new TimeStream cables. They're in a flat ribbon design, so they are super flexible and don't immediately turn into a knot; they are also available in different colors and terminations and are $79. That's mostly what I'm using at the moment, but I'm clearly a bit biased. I know there are tons of great cables out there, so I'm confident you'll find what you're looking for :)

Jan 10, 2024 at 7:49 PM Post #34 of 1,152
SO...you all ever gonna do another pair of headphones? A Cascade V.2?

Jan 10, 2024 at 8:07 PM Post #35 of 1,152
1000012813.jpg

Jan 10, 2024 at 8:39 PM Post #37 of 1,152
Here's a little restrospective some of my favorite photos of all the CFA IEMs I've owned over the years:

F1F50E8E-5C2E-46D6-BFCC-22E1A58AFFD7.JPEG

Jan 10, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #38 of 1,152
Proud owner of the Andromeda CK Pacific Blue since December 2017. 7 years later and still going strong!

IMG_9066.jpeg

Andromeda CK Blue for life!

Jan 10, 2024 at 10:36 PM Post #39 of 1,152
Seeing as everyone is sharing their CFA pics, I thought I’d share some of my favourites from my old Andromeda collection.

6AC800BF-16D5-4266-9FB0-D35A573B9C89.jpeg
IMG_8519.jpeg
5D661AF3-CC0C-4674-A62F-9BDD37430068.jpeg
IMG_7631.jpeg

IMG_1646.jpeg

I really do hope CFA continue improving the Andromeda. Andro 2020 was my favourite of the bunch in terms of tuning, and it would be awesome if CFA can bring out a refresh with improved bass that isn’t so sensitive to hiss and source impedance. Hopefully one day :)

Unfortunately Emerald Sea felt like a backwards step tuning-wise, but I really like the updated shell design and ergonomics.

Jan 10, 2024 at 10:38 PM Post #40 of 1,152
Hey Friends!

Welcome to the Campfire 2024 thread! We wanted to create a central place to discuss both our current lineup and future plans for the year with the community. Campfire is super excited to sponsor and participate in upcoming CanJams and to share with you all exciting new additions to our line-up alongside staples like our Chromatic and Elemental series.

Many of you have spoken to me, Ken, and/or Caleb at past shows or through our customer support line, and we’ll be here to follow along and chime in on new and ongoing Campfire conversations.

Thanks so much to everyone who has shared thoughts on our past and present products and for your continued support. We can’t wait to share more sonic adventures with you all!

Fans old and new alike that might like to familiarize themselves with the legacy and evolution of our IEMs, you can see the full history of our releases here:

https://www.campfireaudio.com/pages/product-history

Looking forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts, feedback, and impressions!

Campfire-Card-Image_2.jpg
Another company using crappy AI art... I cant stand this trend.

Jan 10, 2024 at 10:42 PM Post #42 of 1,152
Another company using crappy AI art... I cant stand this trend.
I kinda dig the old school almost pixelated design aesthetic of this.

enjoyable.

Jan 10, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #43 of 1,152
I kinda dig the old school almost pixelated design aesthetic of this.

enjoyable.
enjoyable that the companies who made this software stole artists work without permission and bragged about doing so in private discord channels, but sure it looks great... with its melting mountains and copy pasted snow that looks incredibly linear and uncanny :upside_down:

Jan 10, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #44 of 1,152
On the Campfire wishlist, updated Cascade with Sony level ergonomics/comfort. I loved the evolution from the ADLC DD driver to the dual magnetic driver found in the Bonneville and Cascara.

Imagine the sound of a Cascade 2.0 with a super large version of the Cascara driver…🤤

I love the Bonneville and the Cascara-- I think CFA has reallly knocked it out of the park with this new DD. I can't wait to see what else they do with it. One wishlist item of mine would be for them to try something with ceramic again. I think the acoustic properties afforded with that material are pretty special and I'd love to see them experiment more with it-- perhaps something in the Dorado line with that new DD.

Jan 10, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #45 of 1,152
enjoyable that the companies who made this software stole artists work without permission and bragged about doing so in private discord channels, but sure it looks great... with its melting mountains and copy pasted snow that looks incredibly linear and uncanny :upside_down:
Do you have a solution for this? Let’s see it. Perhaps you can offer your own art.

Many of us enjoy the art, and look forward to more. Feel free to consider a different audio brand if this such a significant sticking point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back