CanJam NYC 2023 (February 25-26, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #541 of 792
do you think it makes sense to purchase a ticket for both days?

Defibitely

You won’t be able to see half of what you want with one day, and mostly you will miss the opportunity to relax, take some breaks from listening, and mostly catching up with new and old friends..

Feb 20, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #542 of 792
I’m so excited for this weekend! Like many of you, this will be my first ever CamJam. Just out of curiosity, do you think it makes sense to purchase a ticket for both days? I plan to get to the event a little before 10 AM to try to avoid the afternoon rush and try to go to the booths I want to visit the most. What do you all think based on past CamJams? Is it better to get the two-day ticket to be safe or is one day usually sufficient enough?
Go ahead and get a two-day ticket online, that will give you options. You will likely find more to demo, etc and that will take more than one day. Plus that will let you take your time and not feel rushed - although that all depends on what else you have planned that weekend. I would recommend arriving at the entry area about 20-30 minutes before the 1000 opening as the line will start queuing - plus you will likely start conversations with folks in line. You can always pick up some coffee, or other beverage, and get some pastries from Junior's just across the street for while you wait in line.

Edit: What everyone else has said already. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #544 of 792
Elysian Acoustic Labs will be exhibiting at Canjam NYC 2023 at Booth D14.

Check out our booth then as we present ANNIHILATOR and DIVA IEMs with a brand new look and material upgrade with the same distinct house sound.

Head over to our booth at 4pm on both days for a virtual live session with our Founder, Lee Quan Min.

#TheElysianEra #MakeNoCompromises

332384657_541768668049193_6418826158962350492_n.jpg

will there be models available for purchase too? Annihilator is dreamy :)

Feb 20, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #545 of 792
Are there many people over there who is a non headfi member ?
There are pretty much always non-Head-Fi'ers among the attendees. Not including those coming with their Head-Fi'er friends and partners, I've had several people come up to us at registration letting us know they saw the show and walked in off the street to join the fun. The same is sometimes true for hotel/venue staff wanting to come in and try out a bunch of gear they've never experienced. Heck, one year we even had someone's Uber driver show up because the passenger had been talking about it in the car.

A couple years back one exhibitor was giving away a large prize and the requirement to enter was to share thoughts in that show's impressions thread. Of course folks would need a Head-Fi profile to do that, and we spent a fair amount of time at the show approving new members so they could make their posts.

At last year's CanJam Chicago some of us were out to dinner after the show on Saturday and our waiter asked what we were doing in Chicago. We struck up a conversation and he wanted to check it out after that. Not sure if he did, but you can find a lot of non-Head-Fi'ers at the events.

Feb 20, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #546 of 792
Imagine Can-Jam becomes like what BaselWorld is for watch industry. Or CES. Where big brands do all the product launches…

We can but hope! 🤞

Feb 20, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #550 of 792
We can but hope! 🤞

Perhaps next logical step, before we get to a week-long extravaganza, is to simply extend this to a 3-day event. With the explosion of exhibiting vendors and expanding seminar content, I know I won't be able to try all gear and see all sessions I want to.. so perhaps in the near future we may see an event on a Friday? 🤔 Just a thought... 😜

I've always thought that scaling pains from having too much demand are better than the pains of generaintg demand, The logistics headache are a happy side effect of doing a too well..

:beerchug:

Feb 20, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #551 of 792
I thought this is the case for years already.
All the big stuff announced at CanJam SoCal
It has been, lots of announcements of new gear at CanJam for sure. The pleasant surprise is to see NYC representing with new gear announcements as opposed to SoCal getting all of the love. Nice! My list of planned gear to check out was already long, the great promo video from @warrenpchi and the rest of the team just made it longer. First world problems!

Feb 20, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #553 of 792
I’m so excited for this weekend! Like many of you, this will be my first ever CamJam. Just out of curiosity, do you think it makes sense to purchase a ticket for both days? I plan to get to the event a little before 10 AM to try to avoid the afternoon rush and try to go to the booths I want to visit the most. What do you all think based on past CamJams? Is it better to get the two-day ticket to be safe or is one day usually sufficient enough?
You're gonna want both days. :)

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #555 of 792
There are pretty much always non-Head-Fi'ers among the attendees. Not including those coming with their Head-Fi'er friends and partners, I've had several people come up to us at registration letting us know they saw the show and walked in off the street to join the fun. The same is sometimes true for hotel/venue staff wanting to come in and try out a bunch of gear they've never experienced. Heck, one year we even had someone's Uber driver show up because the passenger had been talking about it in the car.

A couple years back one exhibitor was giving away a large prize and the requirement to enter was to share thoughts in that show's impressions thread. Of course folks would need a Head-Fi profile to do that, and we spent a fair amount of time at the show approving new members so they could make their posts.

At last year's CanJam Chicago some of us were out to dinner after the show on Saturday and our waiter asked what we were doing in Chicago. We struck up a conversation and he wanted to check it out after that. Not sure if he did, but you can find a lot of non-Head-Fi'ers at the events.
I got into an intense conversation once with a uber driver about going to canjam...I wonder if that was him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back