CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 5, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #7,591 of 31,846
What's the difference between CM5 and Blitzwolf though? Since both are graphene.

OOB, CM5 is basically ready to go. It has better soundstage, and sounds better overall IMO.

The BlitzWolf needs some mods to sound its best, and the mods that are done change its tuning to be neutral sounding.

So basically if you’re looking for an excellent neutral sounding IEM, and are willing to do the mods, it is a no brainer.

If you want an awesome sounding v shaped monster that’s ready to go OOB, the CM5 is amazing.

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #7,592 of 31,846
OOB, CM5 is basically ready to go. It has better soundstage, and sounds better overall IMO.
The BlitzWolf needs some mods to sound its best, and the mods that are done change its tuning to be neutral sounding.
So basically if you’re looking for an excellent neutral sounding IEM, and are willing to do the mods, it is a no brainer.
If you want an awesome sounding v shaped monster that’s ready to go OOB, the CM5 is amazing.
I would like to try ES1 in custom shells. For ~15$ it is ok for modding but CM5 is almost half more expensive and its shells don`t fit for me. I wonder though how modified CM5 would sound compared to ES1? Any idea Slater? Do You have both?

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #7,593 of 31,846
I would like to try ES1 in custom shells. For ~15$ it is ok for modding but CM5 is almost half more expensive and its shells don`t fit for me. I wonder though how modified CM5 would sound compared to ES1? Any idea Slater? Do You have both?

Yes, I have both the CM5 and the ES1.

Hmm, that’s hard to say about a modified ES1, because the shell can has a big effect on the overall sound characteristics. I mean, take the ES1 for example. It sounds quite different once it’s modified, and that’s in the sand shell.

Assuming the drivers are the same or similar, I imagine the only difference in sound is the housing. I am willing to bet the larger CM5 housing is why it sounds more expansive and rich overall.

But take the ES1 driver and put it into a superior housing like the
Tiandirenhe TD08, and I have a feeling that would be a magical combination.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #7,595 of 31,846
Yes, they were discussed long time ago but in silver shell I think.

Mar 5, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #7,598 of 31,846
Mar 5, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #7,599 of 31,846
anyone tried UiiSii HM7?

I tried, they are good for the price. But the KZ EDR2 sounds better If i remember hm7 well, hm7 sounded harsher. Construction wise the Uiisii is awesome.

Mar 5, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #7,600 of 31,846
anyone tried UiiSii HM7?
Price to performance wise its unreal and isolation is good, like @paulindss said, the construction is good and the cables smells good too.

For the price that i've paid, only the QKZ W1 Pro tops it but its just my preference. More balanced instead of the V-shaped signature that most budget buds like HM7 does

Mar 5, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #7,601 of 31,846
UiiSii Hi905 (Disclaimer: I just suck at doing this xD)

I nv thought they will see the light again after paying probably the most for a chi-fi bud ever as it disappointed me time and again. Since i was at home today in a quiet(er) environment, i thought of giving them another run and switched the tips (really, seriously this is the most irritating earphone i have as i dont seem to get any decent fit with any tips before when i use it outdoors) to foam tips. The seal was decent but still not the best but its already the best for this mother****ing earphone.

So the good:
- The build is great, metal housing, the cables are tangle free and has a premium feel to it
- Soundwise they are really clear, but not sharp at all. I would say its more of a balanced clear (idk but that's probably the closest description as it gets)
- Very laid back, not aggressive and great for extended listening. I used it for 8hrs and its not fatiguing at all
- Very good imaging, ALOT better than those cheaper buds and probably the best out of all i have
- Separation is good too (something lower end earphones does decent too)

The bad:
- Not aggressive or no aggression at all
- The bass are close to non-existent here (for someone who doesnt like bass that much) which makes it kinda boring
- THERE ARE NO SUB-BASS xD
- Soundstage is really narrow, mids are just not there too
- Bad isolation

So i think they probably will only see the light for the next 2 days as i will be at home. Otherwise they would probably not see any use again. But i still like them for certain artists and might be using them at home? Idk xD For the price (i paid ard 30USD), i would probably go for the **** 4in1 again, or the Tennmak Pro. Even the UiiSii HM7 for a fraction of the price is more engaging than this but well, let me brain burn in them for the next 2 days at least xD

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #7,602 of 31,846
Just to report back after about a month of TinAudio T2 usage, cable remains as white as it was oob (new white cable, not the beige one). I think that they have fixed the oxidation that was happening with first batches. I've used it equally outside and inside. It's a good cable overall, just tangles a bit more than usual.

Mar 5, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #7,604 of 31,846
it all depends also from how moisture is the location climate and if someone is using that cable for workout or in sweaty hot day outside.

Mar 5, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #7,605 of 31,846
There were a few people reporting green cables. Given that @HungryPanda has the first batch for some times now and it's in good condition, it's probably ok to assume that only some units get it.
I've had a couple of green cables in the past, most notable being Shure transparent MMCX cable which quickly got a very unpleasant looking green areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back