Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 20, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #16,696 of 33,689
...which displays a conflict of interest: a review sample is supplied for free but it bites. What to do? I have the TRN V80 coming which may also bite.

Where is the conflict of interest? A person can write an honest review of review sample, regardless of whether it's positive or negative.

Jul 20, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #16,697 of 33,689
Where is the conflict of interest? A person can write an honest review of review sample, regardless of whether it's positive or negative.
The conflict of interest is writing optimistic reviews in order not to burn bridges. That's the general danger of reviewing.

But: no reviewer has to give their own preference whether they like the item or not. That is not required.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #16,698 of 33,689
The Fidue A65 has the very best separation and layering in the $50 category of all the iems I know...at $55. At $25, I'd try the Nice HCK BRO. I use these two when listening to orchestral music because of those qualities. You cannot go wrong with either.
how much better are fidue a65 than BRO?

Jul 20, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #16,700 of 33,689
...which displays a conflict of interest: a review sample is supplied for free but it bites. What to do? I have the TRN V80 coming which may also bite. I have scruples telling the reader that they should find out for themselves...and also not pee o the supplier.

In the blogosphere, there are some reviewers in my opinion that mainly do reviews to get free samples. But readers figure that out quickly. On the other hand, any good guy can turn bad over time...

I usually try and remain as positive as possible but there are times you just can't say anything good about a product. That was the position the Riversong Bluetooth I reviewed put me in. They lacked a single redeeming quality to focus on.

Jul 20, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #16,701 of 33,689
I once read a review a gentleman did on the then new budget line of Yamaha acoustic guitars. The entire review was written about how durable, comfortable, and lightweight it was for a canoe paddle because in his estimation it was far better suited for that use than for someone to actually attempt to play it.

Jul 20, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #16,703 of 33,689
Hey guys looking for the best v-shaped IEM to replace my DUNU DN-1000. So far debating between ibasso it01, Fiio f9 Pro, and TFZ King Pro. Which is the best between the three and is there any other models i should look into? Basically want something with nice sub-bass and energetic highs. I love the Denon/Fostex signatures for comparison.

Jul 20, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #16,704 of 33,689
Hey guys looking for the best v-shaped IEM to replace my DUNU DN-1000. So far debating between ibasso it01, Fiio f9 Pro, and TFZ King Pro. Which is the best between the three and is there any other models i should look into? Basically want something with nice sub-bass and energetic highs. I love the Denon/Fostex signatures for comparison.

F9 Pro has the most similar signature to denon/fostex sound, tfz king pro isn't very exciting to listen to so might not be what you are looking for, while ibasso IT01 is indeed V-shaped but warmer and fuller than F9 Pro. IMO comes down to a preference between fuller IT01 or more trebly F9 Pro

Jul 20, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #16,706 of 33,689
Hello fellow headfiers i am looking for a sub-50$ iems with balanced signature ( light bass with depth) big soundstage with great instrument separation
i had kz es4 which i sold at mrp to a friend of mine so i am expecting my next iems to be an upgrade from es4
Thanks in advance
The bosshifi B3 is a good choice. Nice and comfortable, with a more balanced and neutral signature. I find them to be a great value at 30-40.00 they can be purchased for.

Jul 20, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #16,707 of 33,689
The bosshifi B3 is a good choice. Nice and comfortable, with a more balanced and neutral signature. I find them to be a great value at 30-40.00 they can be purchased for.
how big is the soundstage and what about instrument separation?

Jul 20, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #16,708 of 33,689
this is a really weird FR for a iem look at that massive boost at 3k and also a early roll off starting at 6k
it doesn't look that good
Screenshot_20180720-231334.png

Jul 20, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #16,710 of 33,689
Hi, since I watch lots of YouTube videos and anime, I am looking for an iem that vocals shine and feel as though your there. Am I supposed to be looking at a wider soundstage or a closed one? Plz can someone answer, as this will help as my it01 for some reason just don't sound right for stuff like that. It feels as though everything is far away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back