Chord Electronics Qutest DAC - Official Thread
Apr 22, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #4,681 of 6,752
I owned the Qutest, until today, and have also moved up to a TT2. The Qutest was a very nice step up in a DAC and I knew it was special, literally from the very first song.
Yes, the TT2 is better an I am using it with Empy and VO.

Apr 23, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #4,682 of 6,752
I owned the Qutest, until today, and have also moved up to a TT2. The Qutest was a very nice step up in a DAC and I knew it was special, literally from the very first song.
Yes, the TT2 is better an I am using it with Empy and VO.
I see you sail. Looks like the Gorge

Apr 23, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #4,683 of 6,752
Yes, it is The Gorge and I do really LOVE to windsurf!

I (foolishly) thought I'd be out sailing by now seeing we are all WAY more than 6' apart, BUT the govt. types found it easier to just close all the WA and OR launches!

Hopefully these will open soon. Do you windsurf?

Apr 23, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #4,684 of 6,752
Used to. Kids and family. Sometime this next year I hope to take it up again. Excellent for you.

Apr 23, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #4,685 of 6,752
Not to divert the thread . . . but this is me on the Solway Firth in the UK.

It is a not very wide bit of sea on the west coast between England and Scotland. (You can see Scotland on a good day).

The locals there have a saying . . . . . . .

"If you can't see Scotland it is raining. If you can see Scotland it is going to rain."

solway firth.jpg

Apr 23, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #4,686 of 6,752
Not to divert the thread . . . but this is me on the Solway Firth in the UK.

It is a not very wide bit of sea on the west coast between England and Scotland. (You can see Scotland on a good day).

The locals there have a saying . . . . . . .

"If you can't see Scotland it is raining. If you can see Scotland it is going to rain."

NICE!

Gotta know..........Did you make that jump or was it an ugly landing?:sunglasses: Sure make my jibe (gybe) look pretty boring.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #4,687 of 6,752
NICE!

Gotta know..........Did you make that jump or was it an ugly landing?:sunglasses: Sure make my jibe (gybe) look pretty boring.

Made it as far as I recall. It was pretty windy that day during the Christmas holidays a few years ago.

Do not undermine your gybe, there is nothing as sweet as planing all the way through a gybe!

Apr 23, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #4,688 of 6,752
Yes, it is The Gorge and I do really LOVE to windsurf!

I (foolishly) thought I'd be out sailing by now seeing we are all WAY more than 6' apart, BUT the govt. types found it easier to just close all the WA and OR launches!

Hopefully these will open soon. Do you windsurf?
Are you associated with NorthWave sails? Great stuff.

Apr 23, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #4,689 of 6,752
Are you associated with NorthWave sails? Great stuff.

My only association to Northwave is having sailed their great sails for close to 30 years and they do give me a discount! Not a team rider.

Still being made in The Gorge, Oregon which is a pretty special. I ask my friends using other brands " What part of The Gorge is Sri Lanka?" :confused:

Apr 23, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #4,690 of 6,752
My only association to Northwave is having sailed their great sails for close to 30 years and they do give me a discount! Not a team rider.

Still being made in The Gorge, Oregon which is a pretty special. I ask my friends using other brands " What part of The Gorge is Sri Lanka?" :confused:
Hah! I sailed Sailworks for 15 years. Used to have Doyle hollow boards too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back