Cowon PLENUE M2 (Current Firmware and Manual Links in 1st post)
Aug 3, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #16 of 545
Plenue M2 measurement

https://www.seeko.co.kr/zboard4/zboard.php?id=m_device&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=off&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=67

Aug 3, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #17 of 545
I never missed BT or wifi on my P1, but I enjoy rich and lush tones everyday with pitch black background. I think cowon is sticking with best sound quality and sacrificing connectivity witch many audiophiles can live with. I do wish I can load Tidal offline content not necessary live streaming.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Aug 10, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #18 of 545
You guys are missing a few very important points about M2 update.  Besides the change in the design to bring it up to their new common look/controls introduced in S and D, and new amp section, they also added Optical out (for you Mojo and Micro iDSD fans) and the output impedance is dropped from 3 ohm to 1 ohm (for you IEM/CIEM fans).

Based on the references from others who talk about hiss-free black background of other Plenue models (that SNR is damn impressive), I'm very curious how it will pair up with Zeus-R and ES60 which are prone to hissing.  Maybe will get a chance to find out soon... Waiting for stars to align
wink.gif

Aug 16, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #19 of 545
  ...they also added Optical out (for you Mojo and Micro iDSD fans)...

Ummm...the M and the P1 already had optical out so this is not a new feature.  

I too am confused what the point of this model is.  It does have a new DAC chip so I guess it's sort of a P1 update...

Aug 16, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #20 of 545

I too am confused what the point of this model is.  It does have a new DAC chip so I guess it's sort of a P1 update...
new amp

Aug 16, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #21 of 545
  Plenue M2 measurement

https://www.seeko.co.kr/zboard4/zboard.php?id=m_device&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=off&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=67

Thanks for this link. Very interesting !
I noticed a measured output impedance of 0.03 ohms : is it correct ? It's a very small value. All other tested DAP (Cowon Plenue 1 and S or D and Astell&Kern 320) have measured impedance between 0.5 and 4 ohms.
Thanks for your help.

Aug 16, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #22 of 545

...they also added Optical out (for you Mojo and Micro iDSD fans)...

Sorry, not familiar with M and P1, but their spec on-line didn't mention optical out.  Thanks for clarification!

Btw, I did get PM2 for review, on a burn in now.  Will share my impressions soon and of course a full review to follow!

Aug 20, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #23 of 545

Sorry, not familiar with M and P1, but their spec on-line didn't mention optical out.  Thanks for clarification!

Btw, I did get PM2 for review, on a burn in now.  Will share my impressions soon and of course a full review to follow!

Helo, I'm looking forward to read your review and your impressions about the Plenue M2. I bought this player and it sounds better than my Plenue D but I have some issues 
with volume control, it doesn't change smoothly. I hope its a software problem.

Aug 20, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #24 of 545

Helo, I'm looking forward to read your review and your impressions about the Plenue M2. I bought this player and it sounds better than my Plenue D but I have some issues 
with volume control, it doesn't change smoothly. I hope its a software problem.

What headphones/earphones are you using?  Is the volume control problem consistent with all of them?  I found volume change to be pretty smooth, you have 140 steps, very granular adjustment.  Have you tried turning the headphone mode on/off (in Quick Setting menu) to see if that will make any difference (headphone mode on is for higher impedance cans and gives you power boost, I wouldn't recommend using it with IEMs).

Aug 20, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #25 of 545
I have Beoplay H6 (2nd gen) headphones, the problem is when I press the volume down or up button the sound suddenly raises in left or right chanel and then it raises and lowers, it doesn't change smoothly.
I tried to turn off headphone mode but still have that strange effect. The other problem is when I play the music, the cover of the album blinks from time to time but not on every music album, that doesnt affect the sound but it's annoying. Shall I return the device or wait for a fimware update?

Aug 21, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #26 of 545
  I have Beoplay H6 (2nd gen) headphones, the problem is when I press the volume down or up button the sound suddenly raises in left or right chanel and then it raises and lowers, it doesn't change smoothly.
I tried to turn off headphone mode but still have that strange effect. The other problem is when I play the music, the cover of the album blinks from time to time but not on every music album, that doesnt affect the sound but it's annoying. Shall I return the device or wait for a fimware update?

Sounds to me like something is wrong with your DAP, not the general fw.  Volume should inc/dec one step at a time with a single click or go up/down faster when you hold the button.  If you single click volume and it suddenly raises up like if you would have press'n'hold it - then something is wrong with a hardware of your device.  The same with album art, haven't notice any cover art blinking   Wish more people would chime in with their PM2 experience, but based on mine - I don't see any of the hw/fw problems you are having, so I would just suggest to exchange it.

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #28 of 545
Aug 24, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #29 of 545
  Page and group created with the intention to improve communication between users and the Cowon. More specifically the users of Plenue Cowon line.

https://www.facebook.com/Cowon-Plenue-Global-Club-1110003492407775/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cowonplenueglobalclub/

Note: It is made by me to try to improve communication with the Cowon. Not an official channel of Cowon. I am a mere User.

I wanted to join the group but lost my interest when I saw that the discussion there is in Russian, anyway - good idea.

Aug 25, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #30 of 545
  I wanted to join the group but lost my interest when I saw that the discussion there is in Russian, anyway - good idea.

That conversation in Russian was an isolated case. All other comments are in English. The official language of the group is English.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back