Denafrips DAC-8PRO2 R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view
Mar 10, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #17 of 33
Thanks!

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #18 of 33
Just found this, the predecessor of the DAC-8PRO2 described here, the "DAC-8PRO"
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_40f078a90102v8ab.html

Now this looks the part, single box, sober and great looking faceplate.

Looking at Vinshine Audio website, the only Denafrips products available are: Ares, Venus and Terminator, no more DAC-8PRO2.
Denafrips Facebook is also no more available, now is called "Audio.Broker".

Please Denafrips, make an improved DAC-8PRO2, slap it into the old DAC-8PRO single chassis, put an I2S HDMI input and you're gold, but please stop changing models so fast, it's confusing and not a good business practice.

EDIT: I've found that they'll replace the DAC-8PRO2 with a new model called "Tomahawk" in a few days, I hope it is single chassis with I2S HDMI input, and bang! :)

Mar 14, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #19 of 33
Looking at Vinshine Audio website, the only Denafrips products available are: Ares, Venus and Terminator, no more DAC-8PRO2.
Denafrips Facebook is also no more available, now is called "Audio.Broker".

EDIT: I've found that they'll replace the DAC-8PRO2 with a new model called "Tomahawk" in a few days, I hope it is single chassis with I2S HDMI input, and bang! :)

Yes, you saw the new Denafrips product line at Vinshine Audio website. All new Denafrips DACs are based on proprietary R2R discrete ladder technology. DAC-8PRO2 R2R discrete ladder DAC described here is the Tomahawk predecessor.

"Audio.Broker" is Denafrips dealer in Taiwan, who provide DAC-8PRO2 for me. If you need this wonderful unit, you can ask Audio.Broker in facebook messenger.

Mar 25, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #22 of 33
I just noticed something on the (alas, barebones and mostly in Chinese) Denafrips website: they state that the 1-year manufacturer warranty includes transportation costs to China (if the malfunction is not the user's fault of course) .
I have no idea about "how" this could be practically implemented (I mean, they give you the money back on your paypal..?) , but I think it's a very positive feature,   something unprecedented among smaller Chinese firms, at least to my knowledge.
It does for sure inspire some more trust than usual in the product quality.

I contacted Denafrips. And very happy with their enthusiastic friendliness as well as warranty policy.

Apr 17, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #25 of 33
These new R2R DAC's just keep coming, very exciting times. I was 'this close' to ordering a Holo Spring Level 3 but now I am on the fence again and looking very seriously at one of the new Denafrips DAC. If Ares beats Holo Spring Level 1, then I wonder how Pontus/Terminator will compare to Level 3?

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #26 of 33
  These new R2R DAC's just keep coming, very exciting times. I was 'this close' to ordering a Holo Spring Level 3 but now I am on the fence again and looking very seriously at one of the new Denafrips DAC. If Ares beats Holo Spring Level 1, then I wonder how Pontus/Terminator will compare to Level 3?

I just purchased a HOLO Spring Lvl 3 Kitsune to compare to the Ares and Audio-GD S19, Will post my impressions here in a couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back