Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Nov 13, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #6,602 of 7,405
I know here is the Abyss Fanclub, and even if you continue to give pointless, inflationary question marks, but:

one thing I am quite sure of is the empyrean was never the best HP..no fanclub needed

Nov 15, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #6,605 of 7,405
Hey guys, can anyone tell me if such a cable will function as good as the stock one?

https://a.aliexpress.com/_opVAqbd

I want a 2nd cable and came across this one, so figured i'd ask here for your opinion based on the materials and such.
Thank you :)
Imo the stock cable is pretty good. I don’t think that one will outperform it. But also it’ll depend what you’re plugging this cable into as well. If it’s a dongle or something then maybe it won’t make a huge difference.

I picked up a LQI cable terminated in 3.5 for my mojo2 and I feel it’s solid. Didn’t notice anything terrible.

Nov 15, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #6,606 of 7,405
Hey guys, can anyone tell me if such cable will function as good as the stock one? (for diana v2)

https://a.aliexpress.com/_opVAqbd

I want a 2nd cable and came across this one, so figured i'd ask here for your opinion based on the materials and such.
Thank you :)
You have to be careful about the connector size of R and L Channel. If its to thick it dosent fit in the housing

Nov 15, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #6,607 of 7,405
Imo the stock cable is pretty good. I don’t think that one will outperform it. But also it’ll depend what you’re plugging this cable into as well. If it’s a dongle or something then maybe it won’t make a huge difference.

I picked up a LQI cable terminated in 3.5 for my mojo2 and I feel it’s solid. Didn’t notice anything terrible.
so you think its not worth it?
either that or any other hd700 cable i can find there?

You have to be careful about the connector size of R and L Channel. If its to thick it dosent fit in the housing
ye, this one seems to have the same connector shape so it should fit like the og cable.
other than fitting, should be fine?

Nov 15, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #6,608 of 7,405
so you think its not worth it?
either that or any other hd700 cable i can find there?

ye, this one seems to have the same connector shape so it should fit like the og cable.
other than fitting, should be fine?
If you need another cable because you need a different termination or something then it may be worth a try. But I don’t think it’ll be better than stock.

I did something similar. Like I mentioned above, needed a 3.5 for my mojo2 so I picked one up from LQI. I have the stock abyss cable in xlr for my main amp(s).

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #6,609 of 7,405
Detailed review by Joshua Valour...

Last edited:
ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Nov 17, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #6,612 of 7,405
I have sold off a lot of my gear and just focused on my "end game" setup which is HD800S paired with Chord Hugo TT2 + MScaler. I have always wanted to try the Abyss Diana, but am wondering 1) if the TT2 + MScaler would be a good pairing for the MR; and 2) how the MR compares to the 800S. Any insight is greatly appreciated...thanks!

Nov 17, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #6,613 of 7,405
I have sold off a lot of my gear and just focused on my "end game" setup which is HD800S paired with Chord Hugo TT2 + MScaler. I have always wanted to try the Abyss Diana, but am wondering 1) if the TT2 + MScaler would be a good pairing for the MR; and 2) how the MR compares to the 800S. Any insight is greatly appreciated...thanks!
cant speak of mr but i have both v2 and 800s. the v2 made me sell the 800s.
they are very different and works for for different type of music imo.

i dont listen to any genre which is related to the 800s and the listening experience for my type of music is not even close to be as good as the v2.

one thing that i like over the 800s among others is that the v2 has more bass and its also better sounding to my ears.
v2 is much more intimate sounding and its noticeably cleaner sounding to my ears, vocals are fantastic and when i a/b them i just could see how the v2 is just better and also fits my specific type of music better (mostly pop and r&b).

if u consider the mr a better v2 experience, then u should notice the upgrade quite easy.

Nov 17, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #6,614 of 7,405
I just got my hands on a pair of Diana V2s and absolutely love them so far; everything I loved about my Modhouse Argon Mk3's but with a clean smooth treble response and realistic mid-range (and wow, are they "open"). The one thing that's been a challenge however is comfort while wearing glasses, perhaps because of the lack of ear cup swivel. I'm currently using the stock V2 pads, but am curious if anyone else has found a solution or set of pads that work better?

Edit: After using them for a few weeks, I've found that if I slide the headband towards the crown of my head and push the ear cups towards the back of my head, the pressure on my glass stems almost disappears, without messing with the overall ear cup seal. <chef's kiss>

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #6,615 of 7,405
I just got my hands on a pair of Diana V2s and absolutely love them so far; everything I loved about my Modhouse Argon Mk3's but with a clean smooth treble response and realistic mid-range (and wow, are they "open"). The one thing that's been a challenge however is comfort while wearing glasses, perhaps because of the lack of ear cup swivel. I'm currently using the stock V2 pads, but am curious if anyone else has found a solution or set of pads that work better?
I also wear glasses and love my Diana V2 and Phi. I usually flip the arm ends of my glasses up on the top of the pads to keep comfortable and seal. It's a bit awkward at first but works for me. Just don't head bang or they will go flying. 😄
The vegan pads are more comfortable with glasses sitting normally on the ears if I forget to flip them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back