Double Helix Cables Thread
Apr 12, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #721 of 2,056
If I had to subjectively rate the following in order of importance to a headphone's sound signature it would go: 1. Source music file 2. DAC 3. Amp 4. Cables

All though influence the sound to some degree but in that order.

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #722 of 2,056
yeah, i know the order in which things should be upgraded/how much of the allotted budget should be spent on what.  in my case, its purely for a top tier CIEM on the go.  one could argue i should get a better DAP first, but convenience (and portability) of driving them out of my phone is unparalleled.  for that reason, i don't want a portable DAC/amp either.  maybe i'll want a usb dac/amp for home listening because they hiss out of my laptop eventually (to a lesser extent, my phone hisses as well), but i haven't found one with the sonic qualities i want, which is neutral to slightly bright.

to my understanding, since CIEMs have low resistance, the impedance of a given cable will have an affect on the sound.  

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #724 of 2,056
Hmmm maybe I need to send him a pm via FB. He hasn't replied to the emails I sent through his website contact page. I'm still waiting on a cable I ordered in Nov last year. 

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #725 of 2,056
OMG, that is really long !! Try sending him another email, not with the "contact us" on his page but with your own email. Or even try contact him on FB. My order is shipped. For your case is way longer then the 8-12 weeks term. Really sorry to hear that. 
frown.gif

Apr 16, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #726 of 2,056
Yup, I'm not too pleased with the situation either. I feel that I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to receive a product I've already paid for.

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #728 of 2,056
I would call him, but I don't know his phone number. It isn't listed anywhere on his retail website or FB page. I've already used his contact page and FB message. No response on either channel. I did mention on this thread back in Feb that I was still waiting on it. Maybe I offended him or something? I'd appreciate any help. At this point I just want my money back so I can use it towards something else. 

Btw, Peter, if you see this, it's order: #1804 - Nov 15, 2014. 

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #729 of 2,056

just received my True Hybrid Peptide 25.2awg Cryo Litz -- Pure OCC silver + Pure OCC copper
V2 Next-generation Model with Type 4 Litz 8 braid cable from double helix and my first impressions are wow, this is quality work, soft maliable feel, and sonically a really nice improvement over ALO sxc8 silver copper cable which in turn beat the stock cable from 846. Im now hearing a lovely gutteral sub bass and nice clear 3d seperation in the other frequencies.  the sxc8 was also becoming a tad difficult in twists and such to manage, DHC feels like this will not be a problem. The real treat other than quality components is the sound quality improvement, especially in the low end extension via 846, chord hugo, 384000 fr 32 bit. Thanks peter.
If you can afford the doe and time, mine  arrived from order jan 20 to my door april 17. do it, wait for it. DHC is a winner in my books. Unfortunatly my th900 was already re cabled by lawton black scorpian, not that im not happy with that cable, id be curious what peter could do with it as a comparison. Oh well happy, and sorry to hear about some folks waiting. Bear with it, its worth it.

Apr 18, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #731 of 2,056
That 8 braid looks gorgeous. I have the 6 wire braid Fusion for my 846 and now thinking about this. Does the 8 braid still fit the stock pouch of the 846? Mine still does but barely.

Yes it fits, barely. Quite flexible so it does.

Apr 18, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #732 of 2,056
How do you find the new MMCX connectors? In mine its so frictionless and rotates so easily that I have sometimes have difficulty gripping it to wear. The stock MMCX were more ergonomic as they were firm.

Apr 18, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #733 of 2,056
How do you find the new MMCX connectors? In mine its so frictionless and rotates so easily that I have sometimes have difficulty gripping it to wear. The stock MMCX were more ergonomic as they were firm.

Not bothered buy it, I'm still working the around ear memory but once it's in place, very comfortable. I'm sonically just getting into the sub bass. Can't stop listening which is a good sign.

Apr 18, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #734 of 2,056
Not bothered buy it, I'm still working the around ear memory but once it's in place, very comfortable. I'm sonically just getting into the sub bass. Can't stop listening which is a good sign.

You may have mentioned it but what iems or headphones are you using?  how much of a big difference is it compared with your stock?

Apr 18, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #735 of 2,056

You may have mentioned it but what iems or headphones are you using?  how much of a big difference is it compared with your stock?

Look 5 posts back. Photos, description, details the works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back