DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Apr 14, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #9,586 of 10,347
Hey guys,

Love my dx320, bur my phone fell off my bed, landed on my dx320 and broke the screen. Any idea how I can get it repaired?

Apr 14, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #9,587 of 10,347
Hey guys,

Love my dx320, bur my phone fell off my bed, landed on my dx320 and broke the screen. Any idea how I can get it repaired?
That is a freak accident. So sorry as I can feel a lump in my stomach at the thought. I would contact ibasso as it most likely will have to go back to them for replacement of the screen.

Apr 14, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #9,588 of 10,347
That is a freak accident. So sorry as I can feel a lump in my stomach at the thought. I would contact ibasso as it most likely will have to go back to them for replacement of the screen.
It really was! Plus it only fell like 18". I was shocked to find my screen cracked in the am. Super bummed. I'll reschedule out to ibasso. Thx!

Apr 14, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #9,589 of 10,347
My review for the amazing DX320 is online:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ibasso-dx320.25723/reviews#review-30593

I will extend it in the next week's with comparisons to Amp14 which I receive next week.
Nice review! I'm really starting to appreciate the beauty of neutral digital audio players. They make it so much easier to enjoy the wide variety of in-ear monitors out there, each with their own unique sound—warm, bass-heavy, vocal-focused, balanced, and even the Harman target. Having a neutral source lets you switch between them without breaking a sweat, and it's usually more budget-friendly than high-end players. If I'm going to splurge, I'd rather invest in differently tuned IEMs that can easily work with different sources.

On the flip side, a colorful digital audio player might pair well with a limited number of in-ear monitors, making it a hassle to keep your music library organized and updated across multiple devices. That might be fine for someone who sticks to specific genres and similar-sounding monitors, but for those of us with eclectic taste and a variety of in-ear monitors for different genres, a neutral player is more cost-effective. It lets each monitor showcase their unique qualities with a reliable top class portable source.

Apr 14, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #9,590 of 10,347
Apr 14, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #9,591 of 10,347
I was beginning to sound like a broken record when asserting that AMP 11.2 is something special and now feel vindicated :slight_smile:.
Agreed. I like amp 11 mkii just fine. I have amp 14, which is slightly warmer, but I can't do a proper A/B since you have to restart when changing amps

Apr 15, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #9,592 of 10,347
I wonder if firmware could be used to address the unevenness of the battery drainage of the DX320/X. Specifically, if the software could be “ flipped “ and updated to prioritize the digital battery instead of the analog battery, since the digital reaches 0% twice as frequently/fast as the analog? As it stands, the analog battery is programmed as the priority and as the primary 🤔 Real world usage, the digital battery is the primary battery, so it should have priority. Again, as it stands, it’s the complete opposite. The analog battery is being treated as the primary and priority 🤔 Also concerning is the battery health of the analog battery b/c it’s being cycle charged over and over again while it’s at 40% or more of its capacity 🏥
D6F222C8-BD9E-4C1D-992C-4E5F42E5C46B.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #9,593 of 10,347
It really was! Plus it only fell like 18". I was shocked to find my screen cracked in the am. Super bummed. I'll reschedule out to ibasso. Thx!
Are you sure it was the screen that broke? Was there a tempered glass screen protector on the screen? I remember one person was convinced his DAP's screen was broken and it was only the protector.
Hope this helps...
Cheers!:beerchug:
- HK sends

Apr 15, 2023 at 4:40 AM Post #9,594 of 10,347
Hey guys,

That was unlucky. I'm sure that iBasso will sell you a replacement screen if you contact Paul. And mobile phone shop should be able to do the replacement for you. There was a tear down video posted a while ago (by Paul, IIRC) but I couldn't find it. It seemed very easy to remove the screen - just heat the glue with a hairdryer. You might even be able to do it yourself.

Apr 15, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #9,595 of 10,347
Are you sure it was the screen that broke? Was there a tempered glass screen protector on the screen? I remember one person was convinced his DAP's screen was broken and it was only the protector.
Hope this helps...
Cheers!:beerchug:
- HK sends
Does it come with a screen protector already installed? That was my first thought, but I couldn't find any edge to peel back.

Apr 15, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #9,596 of 10,347
Does it come with a screen protector already installed? That was my first thought, but I couldn't find any edge to peel back.
Sorry to hear about your accident. The screen protector was not preinstalled for me.. send us a pic? It should be obvious from the image whether it's the screen protector or the actual display

Apr 15, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #9,597 of 10,347
Sorry to hear about your accident. The screen protector was not preinstalled for me.. send us a pic? It should be obvious from the image whether it's the screen protector or the actual display
I double checked. It's definitely the display, but here's a pic nonetheless. Taking the pic, the damage is actually worse than I realized! Super bummed about this, but also it's a phone and it fell like 18 inches. Doesn't seem like it just destroy the screen like that.

Attachments

• 16815998013304400675377769260904.jpg
    16815998013304400675377769260904.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Apr 15, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #9,598 of 10,347
I double checked. It's definitely the display, but here's a pic nonetheless. Taking the pic, the damage is actually worse than I realized! Super bummed about this, but also it's a phone and it fell like 18 inches. Doesn't seem like it just destroy the screen like that.
Ironically, I also dropped and chipped my dx240 when getting out of my car on Tuesday. Rough weeks for my Daps.

Apr 16, 2023 at 12:19 AM Post #9,600 of 10,347
For the prices they charge the DAP manufacturers (not just ibasso) should be using Gorilla Glass ...
I personally would want DAP manufacturers to give me the absolute price of:
  • no packaging other than necessary to ship
  • no cables
  • no case
  • no chargers
  • no gorilla glass
  • no paper instructions
  • no exotic materials
  • no limited edition
Basically nothing where I can't take responsibility of my own actions and choices. And even if I didn't have confidence in my own actions, I can take the savings and purchase 3rd party insurance. I just don't want to subsidize other owners of the same device who are not as frugal as I am. Yes, that's not very friendly to say, but there is nothing stopping those who disagree from purchasing their own 3rd party insurance or if others feel so inclined, juste send those unfortunate souls a donation.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back