Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 15, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #22,981 of 75,580
hey wskl, what about the PT15 that works for you?

If there is one word I would use to describe the PT15, it would be 'clean'. They have great clarity, the music is presented in a clear manner.

Bass is neutral, tight sounding and controlled, no bloat. There is just enough low-end for the percussion at the end of the last movement of Shostakovich Symphony 5. According to other people, they do respond well to EQ should you need more.

Mids are articulate sounding, instruments have good timbre, instruments sound natural to me. Very detailed too, listening to a solo violin, the notes being played are very distinct. Background noises such as people shuffling in their seats, musicians breathing can be heard.

Treble is crisp, but not too bright to my ears. For example, the clanging of bells sounds just right to me, it is not dulled down or piercing.

Soundstage has good width and decent depth, if there is one criticism, it is a little forward sounding for my taste but after listening for 1-2 weeks my ears have got used to it now, if it was more laid back then it would be ideal.

Instrument separation is very good. Listening to Carmina Burana, the chorus sections, instead of a single harmony I can actually make out a couple of the individual singers in the chorus. They really excel with chamber music but no slouch with symphonies, listening to Mahler 2, 4, 5, 6 & 9, I feel that the PT15 can handle it well, at least nothing sounds muffled or congested.

Keeping things in perspective, this is a budget earbud and I do not have any experience with high-end, and you may have different expectations than me, but for the money I think they are simply fantastic. I have the DIY Graphene and Moondrop Nameless on my wishlist for a potential upgrade in the future, but I would have no problem sticking with the PT15 for the time being.

Note: Using Xduoo X3 as my source.

Sep 16, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #22,982 of 75,580
Thanks for the detailed reply! I am also thinkimg about nameless and graphene, but I do like the RX1 for similar reasons you like the PT15. Would love to see a comparasion of the RX1 and graphene, or nameless.

Sep 16, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #22,983 of 75,580
@vladstef Honestly, the EMX500 very well could taint most people's perspective of earbuds as it's kind of an unfair metric. There's only a couple of earbuds that can come close in value, and that's solely due to preferences. I've only heard a couple of TOTL, and like most top ends, it's all about finding the one that suits you.
What value earbuds that are close to ToTLs

Sep 16, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #22,984 of 75,580
Hello fellow earbuders,

Have anyone compared Willsound 32 MK1/MK2 to ABnormal diomnes or dietris yet? Any earbuds comparison aside from the ABnormal ones will be appreciated too..I tried to find about Willsound earbud before but not to many as i would like to have...Thank you in advance!
out of the box, WillSound 32 mk2 awesome, clearer, more detailes, good bass, i like it
P70916-123216-001.jpg

Sep 16, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #22,985 of 75,580
Wow congratz!..colour me impressed
How does it compares with the Mk1 interms of detail,vocal and bass?

Btw, is your Mk2 early impression based on comparison with the diomnes/dietris or to mk1?

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #22,986 of 75,580
Wow congratz!..colour me impressed
How does it compares with the Mk1 interms of detail,vocal and bass?

Btw, is your Mk2 early impression based on comparison with the diomnes/dietris or to mk1?
without comparisons, just a brief audition .. too many buds for two ears, lol. In addition, I'm still listening to a new toy (I've been searching for a long time)
P70916-140204-001.jpg P70916-120501-001.jpg

Sep 16, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #22,988 of 75,580
Hello guys, can you recommend me me some good earbud under $20? I don't have much experience with earbuds, only monk+ and few cheap oems.. I would like something with more linear bass compared to monk, where I don't like the mid bass hump. Also when listening to some busier tracks, monk can't keep up and I find it shouty. Something with more forward mid sand big soundstage would be great :)
So far I've found RX-1 and emx500 to be popular, what do you think?
Thanks in advance

Sep 16, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #22,989 of 75,580
Hello guys, can you recommend me me some good earbud under $20? I don't have much experience with earbuds, only monk+ and few cheap oems.. I would like something with more linear bass compared to monk, where I don't like the mid bass hump. Also when listening to some busier tracks, monk can't keep up and I find it shouty. Something with more forward mid sand big soundstage would be great :)
So far I've found RX-1 and emx500 to be popular, what do you think?
Thanks in advance
DIY Graphene are worth an extra $10...

Sep 16, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #22,992 of 75,580
What value earbuds that are close to ToTLs

That one's a bit of a hard question to answer. At least one member here says the Vido is pretty close to the CampFred. I personally don't hear it, but it's also a wonderful budget earbud. EMX500 offers as great a sound for it's price as many people say, but I personally feel the two CampFred models offer quite a bit more in quality of sound. For vocal-oriented listeners, the RX-1 gets you quite a bit of the way to the Cygnus if you're willing to sacrifice some bass. I cannot comment on Graphene as I'm trying to slow down my spending due to probably being at 80+ earbuds at this point, and my focus is more in trying to find a complimentary headphone to what I own right now. If you consider the Zens TOTL, the Zen 1's most approached in the budget range by the Vido, where the Zen 2 is more balanced like the EMX500 vs Vido.

Those I mentioned are IMO three amazing budget performers, and RX-1 plus either EMX500 or Vido will cover most of what earbuds are capable of.

How does that bud stack up to Rose Masya? Is it worth buying it when I have the Masya on order or is it not in the same league?

For a little bit, basically until I discovered the CampFreds, the Masya was my favorite earbud. It suited my tastes better than the Mojito which is phenomenal in it's own right, but I also use the bassier (at least I've been told this is the case) carbon fiber version.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #22,993 of 75,580
That one's a bit of a hard question to answer. At least one member here says the Vido is pretty close to the CampFred. I personally don't hear it, but it's also a wonderful budget earbud. EMX500 offers as great a sound for it's price as many people say, but I personally feel the two CampFred models offer quite a bit more in quality of sound. For vocal-oriented listeners, the RX-1 gets you quite a bit of the way to the Cygnus if you're willing to sacrifice some bass. I cannot comment on Graphene as I'm trying to slow down my spending due to probably being at 80+ earbuds at this point, and my focus is more in trying to find a complimentary headphone to what I own right now. If you consider the Zens TOTL, the Zen 1's most approached in the budget range by the Vido, where the Zen 2 is more balanced like the EMX500 vs Vido.

Those I mentioned are IMO three amazing budget performers, and RX-1 plus either EMX500 or Vido will cover most of what earbuds are capable of.

For a little bit, basically until I discovered the CampFreds, the Masya was my favorite earbud. It suited my tastes better than the Mojito which is phenomenal in it's own right, but I also use the bassier (at least I've been told this is the case) carbon fiber version.
Cool thanks. The Masya will probably be awesome for me coming from budget earbuds, I just hear so much talk about the graphene lately that i'm wonder what level of sound you get. I may need to buy it anyway to find out lol.

Sep 16, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #22,995 of 75,580

Users who are viewing this thread

Back