Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 16, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #22,997 of 75,580
How does that bud stack up to Rose Masya? Is it worth buying it when I have the Masya on order or is it not in the same league?
Not advisable to try to compare TOTL buds with budget (<£30) ....i'm listening to/enjoying Graphene currently - being engaged in their sound signature as much as the Masya. They compliment each other perfectly...both excel & are completely non-fatiguing. The difference is the Masya due to it's superb imaging, wider and deeper sound-stage, manages to recreate the live feel of a venue - my first truly holographic experience with buds! :)

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #22,998 of 75,580
Not advisable to try to compare TOTL buds with budget (<£30) ....i'm listening to/enjoying Graphene currently - being engaged in their sound signature as much as the Masya. They compliment each other perfectly...both excel & are completely non-fatiguing. The difference is the Masya due to it's superb imaging, wider and deeper sound-stage, manages to recreate the live feel of a venue - my first truly holographic experience with buds! :)
Ok thanks that puts the bud into perspective, I'd be hesitant to bring the Rose Masya out and about in fear of it getting lost, stolen or damaged somehow.

That's where the EMX500, Vido or maybe the graphene would come in handy if I purchase.

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #22,999 of 75,580
Ok thanks that puts the bud into perspective, I'd be hesitant to bring the Rose Masya out and about in fear of it getting lost, stolen or damaged somehow.

That's where the EMX500, Vido or maybe the graphene would come in handy if I purchase.
Exactly - Graphene are the ideal second pair....without compromising the quality of TOTL (- even held off buying them during the AE sale.) Pulled the trigger last week....Arrived yesterday - they do live up to the hype definitely imho! - you can tell the quality of better buds by listening to them at max volume for any distortion (- compared to cheaper PK2 buds which distort & rattle like crazy! lol)

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #23,000 of 75,580
Just like what happened to a few of the guys here, my emx500 has started this cracking sound on the left side. Not to mention that I did not use it often since I have several other iems and earbuds. I wonder if its just incidental or if its because of poor quality.

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #23,001 of 75,580
Just like what happened to a few of the guys here, my emx500 has started this cracking sound on the left side. Not to mention that I did not use it often since I have several other iems and earbuds. I wonder if its just incidental or if its because of poor quality.
I had the same issue with PK2's at a certain volume (also on the left hand side.) ...never used my emx500 - they're first on my list of phones/buds to sell!

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #23,002 of 75,580
Looking for a earbud with relax sounding, good bass, not too much treble to replace my zen2. Cable is broken after a few months. I only use earbuds when i go to sleep. Any recommendations ?
20170916_185840.jpg

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #23,005 of 75,580
The wire itself is most likely enamel coated so will be fine and will not oxidize if so, unless you don't like looking at that, or it starts to bow out of that spot in the cable badly.

You could always get some clear silicone as a patch for now and smear it into that spot with your finger ( using a glove of course ).
Then worry about recable later if that doesn't hold up.

Sep 17, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #23,006 of 75,580
^unless there is some sort of warranty period for those. I don't know what that might be.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back