Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 17, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #23,013 of 75,420
I don't know. I didn't do that. The another side is about like that too. The cable itself is really bad. For me the monk+ cable is better than this. It's not worth $145 for it.
Hmm.. my pair without problems yet
P70719-192017-001.jpgin contrast to .. lol
21690918_1515436348550839_1892349579_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #23,015 of 75,420
DIY Graphene are worth an extra $10...
Can you describe what Graphene does better in comparison to for example emx500? Also I believe you are reffering to the version from niceHCK, right?

Sep 17, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #23,017 of 75,420
Good day guys!

Impressions on the Puresounds 150ohms?

Got a local seller here that sells them for around 12usd. I currently have the Monk+, zs5 and the Asura. Source is zishan z2. can a sony xperia z2 power them? How would they compare to the Asura being my main bud? Im so tempted, 12usd for 150ohms. Should I pull the trigger on them? Thanks!

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #23,019 of 75,420
Looking for a earbud with relax sounding, good bass, not too much treble to replace my zen2. Cable is broken after a few months. I only use earbuds when i go to sleep. Any recommendations ?
T314P from ty hi Z is made for falling asleep purpose, the sound is very warm with boomy bass and roll off treble, good way to fall asleep to it.
Stick to cheap earphones when falling asleep :)

Sep 17, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #23,020 of 75,420
Can you describe what Graphene does better in comparison to for example emx500? Also I believe you are reffering to the version from niceHCK, right?
They work well for all genres & have an expansive sound-stage - ideal for electronica - i.e. very "airy!" - they present a warm sound signature - vocals are superb, handling bass/sub-bass effortlessly, layered with transparent mids & treble - having no shrill or sibilance. Cheaper buds can be a little too! energetic, thus lacking in imaging and refinement - which results in congestion & fatigue!
It's all subjective i guess....in my opinion though - they're one of the few buds that can totally transport you!........(p.s. yes the niceHCK version.)

Sep 17, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #23,021 of 75,420
Good day guys!

Impressions on the Puresounds 150ohms?

Got a local seller here that sells them for around 12usd. I currently have the Monk+, zs5 and the Asura. Source is zishan z2. can a sony xperia z2 power them? How would they compare to the Asura being my main bud? Im so tempted, 12usd for 150ohms. Should I pull the trigger on them? Thanks!
I received these a few days ago & i do like them -however they can be a bit shrill on first impressions, & i think they probably need a burn in. They have an interesting warm sound which might work better by pairing them with a higher power source - in order to maximise the higher 150 ohm impedance ( - haven't tried yet.)
I'll be re-cabling them later to try out with a balanced output ( - which might help to tame the higher frequencies) & maybe try out further mods with both earbud casings, - extra foam / tape etc...
Imho - they're worth $12 easily! :)

Sep 17, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #23,022 of 75,420
They work well for all genres & have an expansive sound-stage - ideal for electronica - i.e. very "airy!" - they present a warm sound signature - vocals are superb, handling bass/sub-bass effortlessly, layered with transparent mids & treble - having no shrill or sibilance. Cheaper buds can be a little too! energetic, thus lacking in imaging and refinement - which results in congestion & fatigue!
It's all subjective i guess....in my opinion though - they're one of the few buds that can totally transport you!........(p.s. yes the niceHCK version.)
that sounds great, thanks, I think I will look into Graphene later, because now I think I will try some buds around $10 first.. I don't have enough money to try many buds as I'm also currently experimenting with cheap chinese iems :D

One guy recommended me Toneking tp16, anyone heard of it?

Sep 17, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #23,023 of 75,420
Can anyone comment on the difference between the moondrop nameless and the diy graphene? I am looking for an airy, expansive bud thats a step above the RX-1 for classical. Golov mentioned graphene for classical, but clieos has mentioned that Nameless was open and airy as well. .? Also the above post mentions graphene was texture and airy, which sounds what i am looking for.

Sep 17, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #23,024 of 75,420
I received these a few days ago & i do like them -however they can be a bit shrill on first impressions, & i think they probably need a burn in. They have an interesting warm sound which might work better by pairing them with a higher power source - in order to maximise the higher 150 ohm impedance ( - haven't tried yet.)
I'll be re-cabling them later to try out with a balanced output ( - which might help to tame the higher frequencies) & maybe try out further mods with both earbud casings, - extra foam / tape etc...
Imho - they're worth $12 easily! :)

Is this really how it's going to be??!!
I said the Asura would be my last pair of buds because they sound too good. Sorry Mr. Wallet. Lol

Too many buds so few ears

Sep 17, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #23,025 of 75,420
Is this really how it's going to be??!!
I said the Asura would be my last pair of buds because they sound too good. Sorry Mr. Wallet. Lol

Too many buds so few ears
D'accord! ...i'd also like to try out moondrop nameless & Toneking tp16! - i'm just listening to K's 300 - which sound great with balanced output...having slightly recessed mids but are good to contrast buds with the same housing e.g: TY Hi-Z HP-150s - whose powerful bass, slightly shrill treble & very forward mids become more refined & controlled.....after a substantial burn-in :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back