Effect Audio cables thread
Oct 2, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #6,316 of 7,972
Can anyone share the differences between Horus X and Horus Octa?
Hi Adrewfiren,

Horus oct is the 8wire version of Horus, Horus X is a bespoke version of Horus with another Gold Plated Silver cable.

Sonically please refers to @twister6 review, thank you Alex:)

Regards,
Suyang

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Oct 3, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #6,317 of 7,972
Hi Adrewfiren,

Horus oct is the 8wire version of Horus, Horus X is a bespoke version of Horus with another Gold Plated Silver cable.

Sonically please refers to @twister6 review, thank you Alex:)

Regards,
Suyang
If I am in search of a cable to pair with Erlkonig, to tighten the bass and make it rebound faster, but no increase in quantity!

Caliburn or Horus Octa would you recommend?

Thanks!

Oct 3, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #6,318 of 7,972
If I am in search of a cable to pair with Erlkonig, to tighten the bass and make it rebound faster, but no increase in quantity!

Thanks!

Cleo II would certainly do that IMO

Oct 3, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #6,320 of 7,972
no increase in bass quantity?

I don’t think so but rather it makes transients snap faster and that might be perceived as more bass attack rather than quantity

Oct 3, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #6,321 of 7,972

Thanks!
Hi Andrewfiren,

Cleo II or Cleo II octa would do the work for you, if you want to maintain more body in the mids, Cleo II octa is a better choice, otherwise Cleo II is very much suitable for your needs.

Horus Octa has a much richer sound signature compare to the Cleo II, you will feel more energy other than the speed from it. However the detail, soundstage the accurate bass performance makes gold plated silver cable shines.

Suyang

Cleo II would certainly do that IMO

Thank you bro, great advise!!!

Looking forward for your impression when you received your Chiron+Cleo OG Bespoke :)

Suyang

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Oct 4, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #6,322 of 7,972
I was able to borrow EA^2 GAEA from MusicTeck after CanJam SoCal show, and had a pleasure of spending a few weeks with these hybrid (DD/4BA) IEMs. For those who are interested, please check out my review.

ea-gaea-04.jpg

Oct 4, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #6,323 of 7,972
Hi Andrewfiren,

Cleo II or Cleo II octa would do the work for you, if you want to maintain more body in the mids, Cleo II octa is a better choice, otherwise Cleo II is very much suitable for your needs.

Horus Octa has a much richer sound signature compare to the Cleo II, you will feel more energy other than the speed from it. However the detail, soundstage the accurate bass performance makes gold plated silver cable shines.

Suyang

Thank you bro, great advise!!!

Looking forward for your impression when you received your Chiron+Cleo OG Bespoke :)

Suyang
Thanks a lot for your advice! :beerchug:
Any comment on the stock cable of King Arthur (Caliburn)? How do you compare it with Horus Octa?

Oct 4, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #6,324 of 7,972
Hey, everyone! Effect Audio recently gave me the opportunity to check out their new Cleopatra II cable, including the ConX and TermX systems.

Covering the auxiliaries first, I found the packaging adequately lavish. There’s a lot more personality here than their old Bespoke boxes, and the same goes for the cable’s accessories. I don’t know if it’s the power of suggestion, but I’m getting a feminine, Cleopatra-appropriate vibe from both the design and light-jade colouration of the case, and it’s made up of a nice veg leather as always. Moving onto the cable bit, it's standard EA silk with some gorgeously-textured hardware on the side. I love how they've finished it, and I'd certainly welcome some more of this brushed metal in the future. Then, I’ve covered ConX in the past before, but TermX has really, really impressed me. It’s extremely easy to use, the notch-meets-indent system is very intuitive, and it hides seamlessly in the cable’s barrel too. It’s a much sleeker design than DUNU’s or DITA’s systems in the past, and I hope it holds up as time passes.

EA-CleoII-1.jpg

Now, onto sound impressions!

Effect Audio’s Cleopatra II is an expressive, groovy, yet - to a degree- relaxed-sounding cable. It’s got verve and groove in its sub-bass and mids, and it opts for air over outright attack up top. Like one of my favorite Effect cables, the EVO 10, the Cleo II’s signature is rooted in an evocative, dynamic midrange with larger-than-average notes. Singers have this intimate, wide-spanning quality, versus being locked to a single point in space. The same goes for synths or keyboards, which have the ability to weave into each other and create walls of sound; spacier tracks like Snarky Puppy’s Belmont, or anything off of Bonobo’s repertoire. Despite this, the Cleo II is capable of great separation still, thanks to its well-extended top-end. Its black backdrop and effortless imaging set the stage for its presentation, so this is all achieved with little compromise in the end.

Down low, the Cleo II imbues a strong, central thump with little bleed or bloom. Dynamic drivers gain control, but with kick left intact; even heightened. This is down to a tasteful sub-bass elevation, and it’s ideal if you want your in-ears to have a bit more low-end authority. Up top, I feel the Cleo II remains refined and relaxed around the low- to mid-treble. On the VE EXT, for example, I’m hearing less of those coarse, sandy overtones. It’s a more analog, smooth treble that isn’t as edgy or direct in attack. To compensate, the Cleo II’s upper-treble reaches far for a resolving, well-layered and open-sounding sig in spite of its relatively calmer peaks. So, as long as you don’t mind a high-end pushed further towards finesse, or, rather, you’re looking for a cable to turn intensity down a touch without compromising transient attack, the Cleo II is a strong pick.

EA-CleoII-2.jpg

Comparing it briefly to the original Cleo, I’m hearing a slightly more v-shaped sound out of the OG. Its midrange is flatter dynamically, as if it was limited or capped to a degree, and there’s a bit more bite to the top-end. It’s a crisper, more contrast-y sound to my ears, which may or may not be more to your liking. I personally prefer the ease, lushness and finesse of the Cleo II. There’s a soul and groove to it that I’d rather have over sheer transience, but YMMV. And, comparing the Cleo II to the Leo II, I’m hearing a flatter sig on the latter. There’s a more matter-of-fact, blasé vibe to it with instruments rarely stepping forward and projecting. It also has a smidge more low-treble bite, but it's a less noticeable difference. So, I’d suggest the Cleo II if you’ve heard these two and want a bouncier, more evocative, less attacking - yet just as clear - sound instead.

'Thanks to Effect as always for the opportunity, and I hope you guys enjoy these impressions! :)

Oct 4, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #6,325 of 7,972
Test equipment used is a Shanling M6pro as source going into a Denafrips Ares ii into an xDuoo ta 20 with 1950 Hytron with both Mest Mkii and Indigo iems.
Non-music related I liked how the 2pin connection works with the indigo. The little bit of gold on 2pin matches the gold trim on indigo. As others have mentioned it looks and feels like a high-quality cable so not going to repeat comments on the quality since many others have already mentioned it.
The first thing noticed was bass enhancement I wasn't expecting this with a silver cable, guess heard too many times that silver is bright. Whatever effect audio did with silver has changed my whole feelings about what silver adds to sound quality.

Pros
Liked the bass it has great body to it without sounding bloated or boomy.
Well, balanced mids great imaging.
Increased treble crisp without harshness works great with the est drivers in both meth and Indigo this is the best sounding cable I have heard in the treble range.
Excellent details and clarity
Warmer than expected
No fatigue after extended listening
Worked with a wide range of music type
Analytical and has great Dynamic
No microphone issues
Has a great attack followed by awesome decay. Heard an extension of the instrument and voice that haven't heard before.
The soundstage was excellent the depth and width were the best soundings I have heard.
Better improvement in mest mkii with mest stock cable than Indigo with its stocked cable.
Conflicted on indigo vs PW M3 both are excellent cables and liken the Cleopatra 2 but really can’t decide what I like best. Much of it is music genres, for Classic Rock Folk Rock Psycho rock, and some moldy oldies like Johnny Cash, etc, there both great. With more modern rock EDM modern pop I lean towards the Cleopatra 2. I still need more time to compare them in more detail. Right now liking the Cleopatra 2 as much if not more than the indigo stock cable. Just recently hit the 100-hour burn-in and have been really enjoying the Cleopatra 2 differences compared to the stock cable. I think it has to do more with the improved treble over a pure copper wire. Need more time with the Cleopatra 2 now that it's burned in. Enjoying the sound quality improvements that I'm hearing with the Cleopatra 2.
With Mest mkii, it was more clear cut when comparing stock to Cleopatra 2 big improvements across the board. With both the mest mkii stock and the Cadmus, it was much closer to sound quality improvements. The Cleopatra 2 and mest mkii there were big improvements.
The only con is the price the mest mkii has been going on sale for $999. 00 If you planning on upgrading the mest mkii in the future it might be worth considering buying this to enjoy with mest mkii with plans to use them with the next iem upgrade. With termX and conX you get a future-proof cable that you can enjoy sound quality improvements now and in the future with better iems.

Cons
Price
No recessed 2pin option

Special thanks the Effect Audio and Jordon for this opportunity to test this cable.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #6,327 of 7,972
Capture3.JPG

Just received my EA Cleopatra I x Chiron Bespoke cable. Will post impressions soon after. I'm letting it get some hours before I start evaluating how it sounds out of my Andromeda :)

Oct 7, 2022 at 12:35 AM Post #6,328 of 7,972
Capture3.JPG

Just received my EA Cleopatra I x Chiron Bespoke cable. Will post impressions soon after. I'm letting it get some hours before I start evaluating how it sounds out of my Andromeda :)
Wow, that is one beautiful cable can’t wait to hear sound impressions on it.

Oct 7, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #6,329 of 7,972
Wow, that is one beautiful cable can’t wait to hear sound impressions on it.

Thanks! It's a lot more aesthetically pleasing than the pure Chiron 8-wire indeed!

Currently breaking in. First few minutes shows its impressive qualities already but not quite as finessed as I heard it out of CanJam (the 8 wire version in this case). The first 3 hours is much better and I can make out of the what strengths of Cleopatra I were retained and how Chiron solved Cleopatra I's weakness while adding its own flavor. My rough impression is that Cleopatra is the the icing on the cake while the Chiron forms the foundation of the overall sonics. My approach is to just let it play, wait about 50-100 hours of break-in then write a more comprehensive impression on it with comparison to the 8-wire Chiron, Cleopatra I Octa. Cleopatra II 4-wire (not as accurate but I have a rough general sound signature of it during CanJam), and Centurion

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #6,330 of 7,972
Definitely give them at least a 100 hour burn in. I did my intal review after 100 hours and the sound quality had improved over that time. I’m enjoying how the Cleopatra 2 works with multi driver iem’s.
After going back and forth with stock indigo cable the Cleo 2 is my new favorite cable with the indigo. Switched out tubes in amp the synergy is just amazing. Hearing details in songs I heard 100’s of time that I haven’t heard before. The Cadmus made me a believer of cable improvements the Cleo 2 convinced me of the value of high-end cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back