Effect Audio cables thread
Nov 10, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #6,376 of 7,926
Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Nov 12, 2022 at 12:42 AM Post #6,378 of 7,926
20221112_115414.jpg

Got a pleasant text from shipping company saying my package was ready for pick up! Happy days!

Nov 12, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #6,379 of 7,926
Happy news 😎

Enjoy 😀👍

Nov 12, 2022 at 4:06 AM Post #6,380 of 7,926
I am in awe at this pairing!! It didnt add anything to fourte tuning instead it highlighted its forte's attack still razor sharp, treble still sparkly but definitely toned down (for the better). I highly appreciate that it didnt add any thickness unlike janus did.
20221112_155914.jpg

As for cadmus, first few minutes with it had me scratching my head (as of this moment i was using it with fourte) it is weird, the coloration stands out too much. It was like this until i decided to install it on my flipears aimv4... its been roughly 2 hours since then and i havent taken it off my ears. It played out very nicely with aimv4s organic tonality and took the performance up a notch by introducing a much needed midrange clarity bravo!
20221112_155926.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #6,381 of 7,926
After much listening to eros s (with fourte in comparison to 64a stock cable) there are some traits i noticed with it.
-impressive treble extension (it never cut off and instead would just soar)
-a tastefully upper midrange bump which brought vocals up front and center
-it greatly increased the scale of headstage making fourte sound grand
-true to tuning, doesn't color but instead it evened out fourtes wonk

Some of its cons would be;
-loose braid (the braid on the janus was very good and has way less play)
-decreased subbass presence
-not as dynamic as stock cable (stock would stop at a dime with surreal quietness making the whole presentation very engaging, albiet in a weird way)

Either way, for how much it costs its incredible value! With my experience of effect audio this is by far my favorite. As i always thought their previous offerings all had quirks that i felt was too much of a con;
Ares 2 - too warm lost dynamics
Thor 2 - better than ares in terms of dynamics but let down by the bass texture
Lionheart - too laidback

Leonidas i and ii were in my opinion the best effect had to offer back then and eros s seems like a budget version of it!
20221113_120452.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2022 at 11:31 PM Post #6,382 of 7,926
I just discovered another great benefit of the ConX system. My new Xelento Gen 2 just arrived and it's an MMCX connection. I've been cable rolling with my EA cables but I didn't want to connect / disconnect the mmcx termination over and over again. I simply snapped the MMCX connector into the Xelento. It fits nice and tight with no slack or play and all I've got to do screw the earbud onto the cable itself. It's a great way to swap out and test the EA cables without risk of weakening the connector. I'm still trying to figure out which cable I prefer with the Xelento but I love ConX system. I'll snap a few pictures and update when I land on the cable that goes to to this iem.

Nov 13, 2022 at 4:21 AM Post #6,383 of 7,926
I just discovered another great benefit of the ConX system. My new Xelento Gen 2 just arrived and it's an MMCX connection. I've been cable rolling with my EA cables but I didn't want to connect / disconnect the mmcx termination over and over again. I simply snapped the MMCX connector into the Xelento. It fits nice and tight with no slack or play and all I've got to do screw the earbud onto the cable itself. It's a great way to swap out and test the EA cables without risk of weakening the connector. I'm still trying to figure out which cable I prefer with the Xelento but I love ConX system. I'll snap a few pictures and update when I land on the cable that goes to to this iem.

Your impressions would be much appreciated on the Thread 'Modular Cables Impressions' https://www.head-fi.org/threads/modular-cables-impressions.965535/

That invite is to everyone who wants to post their impressions of modular cables generally and the ConX, TermX specifically. I am looking forward to reading them, and so are many others.

Nov 17, 2022 at 1:16 AM Post #6,385 of 7,926
@NickleCo I'm thinking of grabbing the eros s. At this point I'm going to own more cables than IEMs lol.

Did you managed to try the cadmus? I find it a pleasant surprise, the texture of the mids, the tightening ups of the lows with that bit of an extra top end shimmer. Not so much of an underdog to me
After much listening to eros s (with fourte in comparison to 64a stock cable) there are some traits i noticed with it.
-impressive treble extension (it never cut off and instead would just soar)
-a tastefully upper midrange bump which brought vocals up front and center
-it greatly increased the scale of headstage making fourte sound grand
-true to tuning, doesn't color but instead it evened out fourtes wonk

Some of its cons would be;
-loose braid (the braid on the janus was very good and has way less play)
-decreased subbass presence
-not as dynamic as stock cable (stock would stop at a dime with surreal quietness making the whole presentation very engaging, albiet in a weird way)

Either way, for how much it costs its incredible value! With my experience of effect audio this is by far my favorite. As i always thought their previous offerings all had quirks that i felt was too much of a con;
Ares 2 - too warm lost dynamics
Thor 2 - better than ares in terms of dynamics but let down by the bass texture
Lionheart - too laidback

Leonidas i and ii were in my opinion the best effect had to offer back then and eros s seems like a budget version of it!
20221113_120452.jpg

Nov 17, 2022 at 1:28 AM Post #6,386 of 7,926
@NickleCo I'm thinking of grabbing the eros s. At this point I'm going to own more cables than IEMs lol.

Did you managed to try the cadmus? I find it a pleasant surprise, the texture of the mids, the tightening ups of the lows with that bit of an extra top end shimmer. Not so much of an underdog to me
Same here I have around 12 cables but only regularly use 4 iems lol. I do have the cadmus but im not a fan of it with the fourte. However i did notice that cadmus sounded better with warmer iems.

Nov 18, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #6,388 of 7,926
Eros s is fine for me, its the cadmus thats annoying. Would always pull on my ear.

Nov 22, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #6,389 of 7,926
A beautiful cable with a beautiful sound (paired up with beautiful IEMs :D). Well, you get the point. My EA Cleopatra II Octa review is up!

ea_cleo-II-08.jpg

Nov 22, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #6,390 of 7,926
A beautiful cable with a beautiful sound (paired up with beautiful IEMs :D). Well, you get the point. My EA Cleopatra II Octa review is up!

ea_cleo-II-08.jpg
Really great write up as always. I love both your style and perspective. Agreed, It's an impressive cable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back