Effect Audio cables thread
Dec 2, 2022 at 3:47 AM Post #6,406 of 7,972
Another delivery that required SIGNATURE arrived today :grin: But what is it? :smirk:
20221129_115359.jpg
20221129_115434.jpg
I’m very curious if a chord Hugo 2 would fit in there in width? If it does I’d probably get it too

Dec 2, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #6,408 of 7,972
Great looking cable UM been on a roll producing some excellent cables this year. Curious what this cable is and where it fit in the lineup.
Um?

Dec 3, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #6,410 of 7,972
Thanks bro, and nice collection 😎

I will read this carefully. 😉👍

Dec 3, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #6,412 of 7,972
I recently purchased a Horus from classifieds. I opened up the ConX connector today and it looks like this. It's this how the Horus suppose to look like?
20221203_152223.jpg

Dec 3, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #6,414 of 7,972
Cadmus 8w
DSC00596.JPG

A new IEM to me is something that comes and goes but a substantial cable will stay with me through the years. Recent Signature series has brought 3 fantastic cables to the market. How do you improve upon what's been established? Well you can start by giving me more. More of what makes the cables excellent. Turn a 4 cored cable to an 8 core and now we are talking serious higher end cable. A good thing is always cherished by the enthusiasts among the community and for folks that enhance their IEMs using metallurgy in the form of cables. It is debatable which sibling of the 3 signature series cables is the most popular. I am sure EA knows but I have a good feeling they are all equally popular.
DSC00595.JPG
My favorite out of the 3 is the Cadmus. I am sure you have seen plenty of readers about the 3 cables and how they all enhance your favorite IEMs but for me there is no question which one gets the most use. I even put it out there. I wished there was an 8 wire version.
DSC00592.JPG
Wish granted. What you guys are seeing is the 8 wire version of the Cadmus. Why is that important? Well for one that is double the material count. If you are into your cables you know why that is important. This brings a different level of sophistication to what these cables do. What was good with a 4 wired version is now doubled.

Who wants to eat a porterhouse steak that is thin?. I want that meat thick and juicy. The 8 wire cadmus is exactly this. Upon first listen I was greeted with a sound expansion that while the 4 wired version did to a similar effect, but not quite at the level of the 8 wire. Music is given depth, stage and a dimensional aspect the 4w version does not quite reach.

I have always believed in thicker cored cables. I have seen folks post about how they want light thin wires cables as they dont like thick cables. I am actually the opposite. I am a huge fan of cables that have a lot of material thrown in. Reason for this. If the material is gold? Why not get a healthy double dose serving of it?

And that is exactly what the 8w cadmus is about. There is simply more to love. I know exactly what the 4w version does and it is still one of my most used cables ever since EA has introduced me to their handy work. But I have to say, the 8w version came out just brilliantly.

The 8w Cadmus has to be one of the best silver plated copper cables in existence. I know EA has much higher end cables but folks if you liked what Cadmus was doing for your IEMs. Then what the 8w does will blow your mind.

How do they help shape your IEMs sound? Silver plated copper cables are a staple among enthusiasts and not all SPC cables are the same. Arguably the most versatile type of IEM Cables. I own a boat load of similar type cables and none of them quite approach what the 8w cadmus does for my IEMs.
DSC00587.JPG
I am an IEM reviewer so I get to know each and every IEM I write about and once in a while I get a cable that will clearly enhance everything about an IEM sound signature. Enhance it in a way that makes your standard IEM into something almost completely different and we are not talking about a downgrade folks.
DSC00591.JPG
Cadmus 8w, a work of art.
Light cable enthusiasts need not apply. Cus the 8w Cadmus is double the material. However, the standard cadmus is no push over, if you want something a bit lighter, I have no reservations recommending the standard 4w version, but if you want a cable that makes your IEMs sound the absolute best they can be, the 8w version to me is special. I have tried easily a dozen IEMs using the 8w and it enhances all of it. What it does for your IEMs are as follows. Some more, some a bit less but this is pretty much consistent across my testing thus far.

-enhances stage perception in all directions.. Go back to using your older cables and your headstage will not be as big, note weight not as substantial. Including the 4w version.

-enhances imaging with added dimensional aspects. It's not just the stage that gets fuller and grander; your sound is better separated with an uptick in 3D ness and imaging of your music.

-enhances detail aspects. That better separation with a clean background lets you hear the little micro details in your music easier as you get that better separation.

-enhances in most cases with a richer tonal character. The foundational aspect of the Cadmus is its superior copper cores. Which as a result

-enhances texture of instruments and vocal performances.

-enhances timbre. What you thought was a good natural timbre for your music out of your IEMs needs a bit of added space for it to be even better try the 8w Cadmus.

-enhances dynamism, that beefier sound your hearing comes with this added benefit.
Which includes a punchier bass presence.

-enhances details for the treble adding a bit of air and space to its presence the handy work of all the silver content of the Candmus 8w.

-most importantly will enhance any type if IEM you attach it to as it should.

While the 4w does these aspects to a certain degree, you get double the effects and much easier noticed more so with the 8w no question that in this case, more is indeed better.
DSC00588.JPG
What’s the catch? Wait for the announcement.
Thanks, great review. I also like slightly thicker cables.
I'll admit I'm still with the Cleo 4 right now, but considering its ergonomics, I think doubling the thickness wouldn't hurt.

Dec 3, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #6,415 of 7,972
I recently purchased a Horus from classifieds. I opened up the ConX connector today and it looks like this. It's this how the Horus suppose to look like?20221203_152223.jpg
This is not ConX.
ConX is a system for replacing connectors on the IEM side. MMCX, 2pin, etc.

Here, I can clearly see the soldered connector 4.4. And soldered well.

If you want a system that can replace it, it's called TermX.
If I'm not mistaken, you can send your cable to EA and they will install it on your cable. However, you'd better write to them in support about this.

Dec 3, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #6,416 of 7,972
I recently purchased a Horus from classifieds. I opened up the ConX connector today and it looks like this. It's this how the Horus suppose to look like?

As it was mentioned above, ConX is for interchangeable Con-nector going to your iems while TermX is for interchangeable Term-ination going to your source :)

ea_cleo-II-12.jpg ea_cleo-II-10.jpg

Coincidentally, TermX tips are interchangeable by unscrewing the housing of the plug like in your picture. But what you have is just a regular 4.4mm plug with ferrite bead inside a housing that probably got loose during transportation. Carefully slide it back up and screw it back in.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #6,417 of 7,972
I recently purchased a Horus from classifieds. I opened up the ConX connector today and it looks like this. It's this how the Horus suppose to look like?20221203_152223.jpg

Interesting that you have Ferrite shields with your Horus. My Cleo I x Chiron didn’t have one but mine has the Effect logo along with the warranty void if torn warning on the other side
25726296-7673-4D8E-BDDB-5F7C3D03AAAE.jpeg

Dec 4, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #6,418 of 7,972
As it was mentioned above, ConX is for interchangeable Con-nector going to your iems while TermX is for interchangeable Term-ination going to your source :)

ea_cleo-II-12.jpg ea_cleo-II-10.jpg

Coincidentally, TermX tips are interchangeable by unscrewing the housing of the plug like in your picture. But what you have is just a regular 4.4mm plug with ferrite bead inside a housing that probably got loose during transportation. Carefully slide it back up and screw it back in.

That loose gray part is the ferrite bead? It's pretty narrow. I can't seem to push it over the soldered part.

Dec 4, 2022 at 12:26 AM Post #6,419 of 7,972
That loose gray part is the ferrite bead? It's pretty narrow. I can't seem to push it over the soldered part.
Can you push housing over it without sliding the bead?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back