Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 19, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #23,792 of 40,635
13 days and counting for the release ...

didnt @Jack Vang mention there is a slight chance they ship out the hero and odin ahead of schedule? ahah
one can hope - not that i can afford the odin at this time

Aug 19, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #23,795 of 40,635
I know lol. I am lucky yes, despite making the trip they still didn’t owe me anything especially the opportunity to get both the Odin and Hero.. nevertheless I am grateful and major fan of their brand. That being said they do make IEM’s I’m not intrigued or blown away by but this Hero and Odin release mannnnn.. they’re out for blood. If you think Campfire or 64 audio did it big this year just wait until you hear what empire ears did hahaha. Campfire what? 64 who?

I mean Campfire’s most expensive IEM is the Solaris SE which doesn’t crack $2000... Odin $3,339. 64 Audio released the A18s ($2,999) which is still cheaper than the Odin and is rated quite highly amongst those have heard it, as well as the Nio. Don’t really think it’s fair to just write other companies off like that.

Aug 19, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #23,796 of 40,635
I know lol. I am lucky yes, despite making the trip they still didn’t owe me anything especially the opportunity to get both the Odin and Hero.. nevertheless I am grateful and major fan of their brand. That being said they do make IEM’s I’m not intrigued or blown away by but this Hero and Odin release mannnnn.. they’re out for blood. If you think Campfire or 64 audio did it big this year just wait until you hear what empire ears did hahaha. Campfire what? 64 who?
Yeah no. The Odin is a really good IEM but creating such expectations is also plain unhealthy for the brand.

I own the A18S and it’s an IEM that comfortably goes toe to toe with the Odin, while the andromeda 2020 is easily the most solid IEM I’ve heard around the 1000$ mark

Posts like this only end up pushing people away from Empire Ears, the same way a whole lot of people I know won’t touch iBasso because of the fanboys on their thread

Aug 19, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #23,797 of 40,635
The Hero has a very immediate sound which highlights exciting elements of the music well, where the Odin by comparison provides a full rich picture and lets you use your own ears to highlight the things that you want to hear.
This statement right here pretty much sums it up for me as well! But man I really gotta listen to them more.

Aug 19, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #23,798 of 40,635
I mean Campfire’s most expensive IEM is the Solaris SE which doesn’t crack $2000... Odin $3,339. 64 Audio released the A18s ($2,999) which is still cheaper than the Odin and is rated quite highly amongst those have heard it, as well as the Nio. Don’t really think it’s fair to just write other companies off like that.
Then entered the Hero which doesn’t crack the $1400 mark.

Aug 19, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #23,799 of 40,635
I wish I could but I’m only a consumer 😜

IMG_5820.jpg

Aug 19, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #23,800 of 40,635
Aug 19, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #23,804 of 40,635
Nothing I’m saying is creating false expectations or harming the brand. Furthermore, nothing I said would push anyone away from the brand. It’s no more subjective than any opinions you have shared. A reviewer is precisely subjective; to review and think you’re objective is any oxymoron. I’m simply stating that the empire ears release on a scale of success was more successful, to me, than other brands thus far in 2020. All of which I’ve heard for myself. I whole heartedly hope that this lights a fire under others and pushes innovation and dollar to performance limits so we, the consumers, benefit.

You mentioned the a18s.. were they released in 2020?

I believe the A18s was announced early 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back