Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Sep 20, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #196 of 818
Hello, I appreciate that this is probably a very daft question, but as this has Bluetooth can you pair a set of wireless headphones to it, or is it just for music in?

Thanks.
Screenshot of the EverSolo controller app:
Screenshots_Eversolo.png

Bluetooth is not listed among the outputs.
In the settings menu there is no possibility to initiate any Bluetooth pairing.
So the answer is: input only.

Sep 21, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #197 of 818
I have NAS with lots of music on it. Can I connect that NAS to this streamer and listen to the music (from my NAS) via their app on my phone when out and about? If so, how well does it work? Failing that, if I install an SSD with music on and connect the streamer to internet, can I listen to the music via Eversolo app on my phone when out of house? Or does it only stream to speakers locally?

Sep 22, 2023 at 2:06 AM Post #198 of 818
I have NAS with lots of music on it. Can I connect that NAS to this streamer and listen to the music (from my NAS) via their app on my phone when out and about? If so, how well does it work? Failing that, if I install an SSD with music on and connect the streamer to internet, can I listen to the music via Eversolo app on my phone when out of house? Or does it only stream to speakers locally?
TLDR: No

Long answer: https://www.bing.com/search?q=how+do+i+access+my+nas+away+from+home

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 2:55 AM Post #199 of 818
In my experience, you’re better off using lightly compressed files stored on your phone since the sound quality might be better than trying to access your lossless hi-res library over miles of internet. All else being equal, the farther away your source music is, the worse it sounds. 256 kbps AAC doesn’t sound as good as FLAC, but if the actual files are in hand that will make it sound better than a lot of streaming options.

Sep 22, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #200 of 818
I personally use my music on NAS with WebDAV via Bubble UPnP or even directly via VPN. At home also via SMB.
The eversolo app only works, when you are in the same network aka at home.

Sep 22, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #201 of 818
Thank you all! Much appreciated.

I'm surprised 'streamers' can't stream music away. It seems they are more glorified audio players than 'streamers', but that's just me nitpicking.

Thank you again.

Sep 22, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #202 of 818
Really interested on how the DAC on the std and Master edition (from my readings performs better) compares with something like the chord Qutest?
Is it marginal or significant SQ differences?

Sep 22, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #205 of 818
Just getting into streaming these last few months - Can I use the Eversolo as a standalone source to stream Qobuz without using my phone or tablet?
Yes.

Sep 22, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #206 of 818
Thank you all! Much appreciated.

I'm surprised 'streamers' can't stream music away. It seems they are more glorified audio players than 'streamers', but that's just me nitpicking.

Thank you again.
Streamers are not beamers - i.e. it is not something that throw the music far away.
Those are the stream servers.

Streamer is just the step before the DAC - it helps you to select your music from various sources and stream into your DAC. These source can be local file system of the streamer, a USB stick or USB drive stick into it, a NAS Server or other DLNA server in the local network, a music provider somewhere on the internet. Then it streams this into your DAC on various local interfaces - USB, coax, i2s, optical.

Normally there is a controller which tells the streamer where is the source and where is the destination.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #207 of 818
Streamers are not beamers - i.e. it is not something that throw the music far away.
Those are the stream servers.

Streamer is just the step before the DAC - it helps you to select your music from various sources and stream into your DAC. These source can be local file system of the streamer, a USB stick or USB drive stick into it, a NAS Server or other DLNA server in the local network, a music provider somewhere on the internet. Then it streams this into your DAC on various local interfaces - USB, coax, i2s, optical.

Normally there is a controller which tells the streamer where is the source and where is the destination.
Soooo... a player :) It plays music. It plays music from various sources including internet. But that's just a player. I would call it media player, or media audio player.

Streamer to me is something that streams. It can stream music from the internet and to the internet. That's streaming. Both ways, but still streaming.

Anyway, no point messing this thread up. They are called streamers. I accept that. But I don't have to like it. The name threw me away. I though it can do something because it's called something. I learned. Move along people :)

Sep 22, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #208 of 818
I have a specific question about this unit and I apologise in advance- how good is the DAC inside? I have a Topping D50 DAC. Is the DAC in the 'streamer' better than the one I have here? Would that be an upgrade to my DAC or are they on par? I know this is a very specific and difficult question to answer, but maybe someone will know? Thank you

Sep 22, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #210 of 818
I have a specific question about this unit and I apologise in advance- how good is the DAC inside? I have a Topping D50 DAC. Is the DAC in the 'streamer' better than the one I have here? Would that be an upgrade to my DAC or are they on par? I know this is a very specific and difficult question to answer, but maybe someone will know? Thank you
It would definitely be a upgrade over the D50. Although I never have owned a D50 I did own at one point a DX3 Pro+ and a SMSL M500 mark 2. The Eversolo sounds leagues better than these. Although I’m using it in the living room versus headphones I think it will still be a good choice for either. To me the Eversolo dac sounds natural, clear, laid back and balanced. It seems to have the right approach between “fun” and “chill” simultaneously.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back