Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Dec 15, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #4,081 of 11,833
Just checked their site, they want $61.20 plus shipping to the U.S.

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #4,082 of 11,833
  Hey HOWIE,

No, it's the one called HiFi-Tuning Supreme³. It's the one in black colour. Unfortunately, the official HIFI-TUNING UK reseller (analogueseduction) doesn't have T1.6A model so you have to go to kempe shop to buy the fuse shipped from Netherlands. 

http://www.kempelektroniksshop.nl/accessories/hifi-tuning-audio-grade-fuses/hifi-tuning-audio-grade-fuses-101.html

Hey HOWIE,

No, it's the one called HiFi-Tuning Supreme³. It's the one in black colour. Unfortunately, the official HIFI-TUNING UK reseller (analogueseduction) doesn't have T1.6A model so you have to go to kempe shop to buy the fuse shipped from Netherlands. 

http://www.kempelektroniksshop.nl/accessories/hifi-tuning-audio-grade-fuses/hifi-tuning-audio-grade-fuses-101.html

It's rather more expensive now, at £58 including postage to UK, but on the other hand the seller does accept returns, so I may be tempted. Thanks.

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #4,084 of 11,833
  I'm so sorry, I gave you the wrong link, it should be 5x20 mm.

http://www.kempelektroniksshop.nl/accessories/hifi-tuning-audio-grade-fuses/hifi-tuning-audio-grade-fuses-100.html

No problem, Louis.

Does this look the real deal? I assume it's 'slow blow', whatever that means!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hi-Fi-Tuning-Supreme-20mm-x-5mm-Fuse-1-6A-T-/291784634703?hash=item43efb8314f:g:CQgAAOxynRRSOzIW

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #4,085 of 11,833
New Elise, EL11 tubes, god knows what other tubes (I can't keep up), David's girls, magic fuses, USB enhancers, debauchery, more adapters, $4,000 headphones (have I forgotten anything?) !!!  You guys are driving me to tears, if not to drink. I can't wait until next year when I can again escape into my law videos.
beerchug.gif

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #4,086 of 11,833

No problem, Louis.

Does this look the real deal? I assume it's 'slow blow', whatever that means!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hi-Fi-Tuning-Supreme-20mm-x-5mm-Fuse-1-6A-T-/291784634703?hash=item43efb8314f:g:CQgAAOxynRRSOzIW

Oh yes. That's the one. I got it wrong. The uk seller doesn't have 400 mA type not the T1.6A model.

Yes, you need the slow blow 1.6A. Go for it! Hope it arrives before Christmas. 

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #4,087 of 11,833
  New Elise, EL11 tubes, god knows what other tubes (I can't keep up), David's girls, magic fuses, USB enhancers, debauchery, more adapters, $4,000 headphones (have I forgotten anything?) !!!  You guys are driving me to tears, if not to drink. I can't wait until next year when I can again escape into my law videos.
beerchug.gif

EL12 tubes. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #4,088 of 11,833

Aha, H13....William Wallace rides again lol!!
wink_face.gif

What can I say but...WELL DONE!!
biggrin.gif
. And as for waiting for me...NO WAY!...I want your impressions now!!
tongue.gif
...1. So that we guys can steal a march on others who are undoubtedly watching from the sidelines (assuming you give the green light!). 2. So that I can investigate if any possible weaknesses are also present when driving the new amp.

So please, forego the long vacation and GET TESTING!!  Plus, don't forget the obligatory photos lol! (By the way, which EL11s have you got, exactly?)....CHEERS!...
beerchug.gif

Re. the EL12, I have been wondering about those - as powers. But the prices are too high for me, on the whole. And wonder just how they'd be in a circuit designed for the 6AS7G - a rather high plate current draw perhaps?

Edit...But then, triode-strapped does halve the figure, and the EL3N runs so unbelievably cool!!

Thanks H1.
I think we both have a busy weekend ahead of us.
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #4,091 of 11,833

Yep-if you blink you miss loads on this thread.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Following H1's suggestion, I'm trying out some EL11 and EL12 tubes over the weekend. 

Yes indeed.

Could you please be so kind that show me the shortcut link to those recommendation? Didn't find them through thread search. :frowning2:

Are EL11 and El12 used as power tube or driver tubes? Thanks in advance.

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #4,092 of 11,833
  Yes indeed.

Could you please be so kind that show me the shortcut link to those recommendation? Didn't find them through thread search. :frowning2:

There's nothing really known about them with Elise yet.

Several weeks ago H1 suggested EL11's might work well in Elise as they are electrically more or less identical to EL3N, but have much more 'user friendly' connector pins compared to the sometimes awkward EL3N base. 

EL12 has a higher gain, I think close to 5998 tube gain (not sure about this), so would be more likely to use as a power tube only, like 5998. 

I would imagine they won't be too different sonically from the excellent EL3N tubes, but maybe easier to manipulate in and out of their sockets. For me that would be good as I broke an EL3N adapter trying too hard to insert a tube.

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #4,093 of 11,833
  There's nothing really known about them with Elise yet.

Several weeks ago H1 suggested EL11's might work well in Elise as they are electrically more or less identical to EL3N, but have much more 'user friendly' connector pins compared to the sometimes awkward EL3N base. 

I would imagine they won't be too different sonically from the excellent EL3N tubes, but maybe easier to manipulate in and out of their sockets. For me that would be good as I broke an EL3N adapter trying too hard to insert a tube.

Thanks a lot HOWIE13 for the information. Yea, el3n adapter is a problem.

Please do let us know how the EL11 and EL12 are going. I might need to get ready for the adapters first :p

Cheers for now.

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #4,094 of 11,833
  I'm afraid that is not the case. I took the original fuse out for checking information several times and don't think fuse terminals are dirty and cleaning off will give such SQ improvment.

I would say: practice speaks the loudest. 35 euro won't cost you a fortune and if it doesn't impress you like what I said, you can then challenge me back. 

Hi louis...as with anything - and as @pctazhp has said before, the only expert is me lol!!
wink_face.gif
...if it works for one and not others, then c'est-la-vie! - especially given the possible disparity between scientific "fact" and practical (human) experience, not to mention the vast array of variables between different hi-fi setups and environments! That you notice a difference is all that really counts, of course...in my own case, for example, I noticed more of an improvement from my PowerInspired Mains Regenerator - but at greater cost of course!!
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
. Others just might find no improvement at all...
wink.gif
...CHEERS!...

beerchug.gif

Now then, pct, you've just got to try and keep up...I have every faith in you, my friend!
tongue.gif

Thanks H1.
I think we both have a busy weekend ahead of us.
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Sure wish I did have such a weekend ahead, H13...my own hard work will be trying to contain the frustration of the extra wait lol!!
redface.gif
wink_face.gif
...(but I'm sure "She who must be obeyed" will find plenty to divert me from my sorrows!
rolleyes.gif
).
  Yes indeed.

The EL11 is basically an EL3N with a different base, developed by Telefunken...but also made by the Philips group, including (mostly, it would appear) Valvo. And so, in our case, as a driver or in dual adapters as powers. The EL12 is basically an EL11 with twice the power output, as yet untested either as driver or power.

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #4,095 of 11,833

Hi louis...as with anything - and as @pctazhp has said before, the only expert is me lol!!
wink_face.gif
...if it works for one and not others, then c'est-la-vie! - especially given the possible disparity between scientific "fact" and practical (human) experience, not to mention the vast array of variables between different hi-fi setups and environments! That you notice a difference is all that really counts, of course...in my own case, for example, I noticed more of an improvement from my PowerInspired Mains Regenerator - but at greater cost of course!!
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
. Others just might find no improvement at all...
wink.gif
...CHEERS!...

Now then, pct, you've just got to try and keep up...I have every faith in you, my friend!
tongue.gif

Sure wish I did have such a weekend ahead, H13...my own hard work will be trying to contain the frustration of the extra wait lol!!
redface.gif
wink_face.gif
...(but I'm sure "She who must be obeyed" will find plenty to divert me from my sorrows!
rolleyes.gif
).

The EL11 is basically an EL3N with a different base, developed by Telefunken...but also made by the Philips group, including (mostly, it would appear) Valvo. And so, in our case, as a driver or in dual adapters as powers. The EL12 is basically an EL11 with twice the power output, as yet untested either as driver or power.

Oh, sorry, I forgot your Elise 'SE' hadn't arrived yet. Well you may just have to help the missus with the Christmas shopping as I did today and now my back is aching again.

EDIT: If the EL11 works well maybe I should ask Mrs X if she can make a dual adapter-but better wait and see what the single tube sounds like first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back