Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jun 19, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #11,206 of 11,473
Received new tubes today.
Bendix 6080 and Linlai E-6SN7 play really nicely together. Enjoying the sound right our of box.
But I'm a little curious why the markings on the Bendix tubes are both facing backwards? Is that normal?🤷
20230619_163801.jpg
It's a combination of how your tubes were printed and how your sockets are oriented. Bear in mind, most manufacturers don't bother with "front-facing" tubes, because there really isn't a rhyme or reason to it. They instead set their sockets to best fit the design schematic of their amplifier.

Jun 19, 2023 at 8:39 PM Post #11,207 of 11,473
Hey there, do you find the Atrium to have recessed mids?
I've been using the Focal Clear with my Euforia, which is great, but am thinking to whether get a high impedance headphones to get the most out of the amp.
Atrium open/closed is an option, but I listen to vocal music a lot, I don't want something that has too recessed mids.
Any advice please?

I used to own focal Utopia with my Euforia, and lived with my friend’s clear as well. Tbh, I find they’re both very exciting, the clear is like a consumer headphone on steroids, huge wow factor. But I find the sound fatiguing and much prefer the atrium. Mids are fantastic, bass is fantastic and with these tubes the treble is fantastic in its own way too. Not insanely detailed like Utopia or susvara, but enough detail and done in a relaxed and nice way.

I think the most important part is how it makes you feel. The clears make me want to stand up and dance for 30 minutes, then take them off. The atriums feel like a chest rub that brings out a deep sigh of relief. Nothing hurts, just a soothing cuddle.

Edit: oh and they’re insane for vocals. I get the feeling that the singer is singing to me personally.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2023 at 11:33 PM Post #11,208 of 11,473
I used to own focal Utopia with my Euforia, and lived with my friend’s clear as well. Tbh, I find they’re both very exciting, the clear is like a consumer headphone on steroids, huge wow factor. But I find the sound fatiguing and much prefer the atrium. Mids are fantastic, bass is fantastic and with these tubes the treble is fantastic in its own way too. Not insanely detailed like Utopia or susvara, but enough detail and done in a relaxed and nice way.

I think the most important part is how it makes you feel. The clears make me want to stand up and dance for 30 minutes, then take them off. The atriums feel like a chest rub that brings out a deep sigh of relief. Nothing hurts, just a soothing cuddle.

Edit: oh and they’re insane for vocals. I get the feeling that the singer is singing to me personally.
I totally agree with you on the Clear. The music is so dynamic and engaging, but I find it really upfront and "in your face".
It gets a bit too much after a while and I have to lower the volume or take a rest.

I have the ZMF Caldera already, and I really like the sound. Although they play well with my current Euforia set up, I wonder if I will be getting anything more/worthwhile with an Atrium.

Have you compared the Atrium open with the closed?
"oh and they’re insane for vocals. I get the feeling that the singer is singing to me personally" - this is the effect I'm after.

Jun 20, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #11,209 of 11,473
Wondering if there is a "Clear" jump up in performance from a Feliks Echo MKII to the Euphoria.

Wanted to see if it's a worthwhile move to make or if I should just stay put.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #11,210 of 11,473
Hey folks,

I'm getting a Euforia Evo after my beloved Elise Mk2 took a dump 2 weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone uses kt88s tubes w/adapters just like the og eurforia and Elise ? I have never used anything else other than 6sn7gt variants in the driver socket but since day one, I have used kt88s power tubes with my Elise. So I was hoping someone can clarify this for me.

Jun 20, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #11,211 of 11,473
Hey folks,

I'm getting a Euforia Evo after my beloved Elise Mk2 took a dump 2 weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone uses kt88s tubes w/adapters just like the og eurforia and Elise ? I have never used anything else other than 6sn7gt variants in the driver socket but since day one, I have used kt88s power tubes with my Elise. So I was hoping someone can clarify this for me.
No direct experience with Evo here, but the topology of Euforia AE and Evo are essentially identical, so I’d expect it to work as it does on Elise/Euforia/AE.

Jun 20, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #11,212 of 11,473
No direct experience with Evo here, but the topology of Euforia AE and Evo are essentially identical, so I’d expect it to work as it does on Elise/Euforia/AE.
Thanks. That sounds wonderful. I was hoping that would be the case.

Jun 20, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #11,214 of 11,473
For any who doubt how versatile Euforia is and how beautifully it handles non standard tube typoes if one is careful and uses quality adapters, see my post in the pentode thread here. I know double posts are frowned upon but I wanted to share how exquisite Euforia can sound.

I hate to rock the boat but Ultimate is more suited to the task and sound better.. from someone who has own Elise and Euforia. :relaxed:

With Ultimate, those are the standard tube types.

Jul 2, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #11,215 of 11,473
I am in love with my new Euforia EVO. Its a substantial upgrade over my Elise MK2. More details, less warmth and has the ability to play planars if needed. Enjoy every moment that i get to use the EVO.

Lets talk tube roll.

Since day one, I have been using Gold Lion kt88 tubes w/ adapter for power tubes. I have three sets of these tubes with Sophia Electric Blue Coke bottles coming next week. The driver side is where i lack variety. I have two sets of KR VT231 on hand (Clear and Black glass version). I would like to get some suggestions regarding driver tubes. I have a 2nd set of adapters that i can use for driver tubes. I ran a set of 6v6gt tubes as the drivers and didn't really like the sound. Any help would be appreciated.

Best

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #11,216 of 11,473
Hi @shafat777. With a warmer set of power tubes, Sylvania VT-107A (a 6V6GT variant) are outstanding in Euforia AE. Here is Sylvania VT-107A --> Mullard-Amperex EL34:

Sylvania VT-107A & Mullard-Amperex EL34 in Euforia AE (7-8-23 #1).jpgSylvania VT-107A & Mullard-Amperex EL34 in Euforia AE (7-8-23 #2).jpg

If you want a warmer 6V6GT to pair with the GL KT-88's, Ken-Rads, RCA's or Mullards may have a bit more bass.

I look forward to hearing how you like the Sophia Electrics.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #11,217 of 11,473
Here is another wonderful combo. in Euforia: Ken-Rad VT-107A & Tesla EL34

Ken-Rad VT-107A & Tesla EL34 in Euforia AE (7-9-23 #1).jpgKen-Rad VT-107A & Tesla EL34 in Euforia AE (7-9-23 #2).jpg

Jul 11, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #11,218 of 11,473
PXL_20230710_153442400.MP.jpg

Mullard 6080 + Tungsol 6f8g
Wonderful combination with my Atrium. After weeks mostly with Caldera, this sounds wonderful for acoustic music.

I will sell some of my backup pair collection. Hit me up if you guys looking for something.

Jul 11, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #11,220 of 11,473
Hi Renexx, how do you like the Caldera on the Euforia vs Cayin HA-3A?
Caldera sounded good out of Euphoria.
Meze Elite was powered very poorly having overly smooth transients and bloated low-end.

Both are not powered to their full potential with an OTL amp. The Cayin sounds much more punchy with both on low impedance. Better get a transformer coupled amp if you want to enjoy planar headphones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back