Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jul 15, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #11,251 of 11,473
@marcusd I'm sorry but telling the audience that amp tube is generating plenty of heat and showing it as con looks to me like the reviewer had to find one more drawback in a really great product. Can you show me tube amp that is not generating heat please? Its almost like saying it also requires some power to be operational. As a side note there are solid state amps that can also get very hot. I completely agree that both Evo and Euforia AE can not drive some hard to drive headphones to their full potentials (read: Susvara) but again this not the objective of this amp design. For those cans you can get Envy (which is mentioned in the review BTW) and be done. Again this looks like misunderstanding of the reviewed product to me. Overall I'm sure there was a planty of work put into the review and I like the list of pairings but those two points makes very sceptical and yet despite the cons the amp got a very high score (I would have given it even higher considering price tag). I'm sorry but I probably missed the point of this review.

Yup, we mentioned getting the Envy if you have those cans. It generates more heat than the Envy just as an FYI this not a binary point as in heat vs no heat. The idea being that it's a small amp, don't put it in a closed space. I have similar-sized tube amps here that do not generate as much heat, and it's a minor con, which is why it didn't effect the score in the way you think it should or could.

PS. I agree with you its a great product. :)

Jul 23, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #11,253 of 11,473
Hello,
on the Euforia Og super.
I have not heard the Evo.
The Euforia is in any case Zmf suitable, no problems or regrets when I bought my Auteur back then.
Other Zmf's are also very good on this amp.

I would still not forget the Cayin ha 3a.
It's also supposed to be very good and more accessible when it comes to tubes.
Just as a tip.

I wouldn't update the Og where you have it either, better go for the Atrium and keep the Og as it is.
You have a much better contrast between the two.
The Classic passes as a baby Atrium, if you upgrade that you will eventually want more.

Jul 23, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #11,254 of 11,473
How does the Auteur sound with the Euforia and Euforia Evo?
Its wonderful. I absolutely enjoy my Auteur Classic with my EVO. Its very lush, and clean with great bass. One thing the EVO differs from the Elise that it replaced is that the EVO is not as warm/dark as the Elise. Its cleaners with more precision and control.

Jul 23, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #11,255 of 11,473
How does the Euforia/Euforia Evo handle things like PRAT, speed and macrodynamics? I know from experience that the Auteur can sound sleepy if paired with the wrong amp/dac combo. I currently have the Gustard R26 as a DAC. I was considering the Cayin HA-6a too.

Jul 31, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #11,257 of 11,473
Hello, does anyone here have Euforia + Chord Hugo 2 who would like to share their experience? Does the Hugo 2 suffice as a DAC or should I be looking into a better DAC?

I currently own the Hugo 2 and Naim Uniti Atom Headphone Edition with the Focal Utopia OG. I am unsure which of the two to sell and use as a DAC for the Euforia.

Jul 31, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #11,258 of 11,473
Hello,
personally, no.
The Gustard R26 is very good with the Euforia.
As well as Holo Spring 3,Rockna Wavelight.

Keep what you like best I would say and what is best for you.
The Naim is not bad on paper.
I think there are a few here who have it and combine it with the Euforia.

Jul 31, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #11,260 of 11,473
Do any of you have more DAC recommendations in the 3000-5000 USD price range for the Euforia (+Utopia)?
A used Rockna Wavelight.
If it has to be new a Holo Spring

Aug 1, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #11,263 of 11,473
Do any of you have more DAC recommendations in the 3000-5000 USD price range for the Euforia (+Utopia)?
My system consists of R26, Euforia AE, Utopia OG. Great pairing!

R26 with SR purple fuse can easily compete with 6-8k DACs imo. If in doubt, watch Soundnews written review of R26.

R26 needs a lot of break in time. Mine took 500h to fully break in. The same goes for the Euforia AE.

Keep in mind that you can not run the Euforia AE over night to break in. After 8h Euforia needs 1h rest to cool down.

For the Euforia to sound great with Utopia you need also NOS tubes. I have a pair of 6080 and a pair of KenRad black glas.

Naim Unity Atom HE is already a great pairing with Utopia. Naim is the sister company of Focal. The dac-amp combo is made with the Utopia in mind.

Why do you want to change your system?

Aug 1, 2023 at 5:03 AM Post #11,264 of 11,473
I had this combo: Spring3 KTE + Euforia + Utopia and sounded great.

Aug 1, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #11,265 of 11,473
My system consists of R26, Euforia AE, Utopia OG. Great pairing!

R26 with SR purple fuse can easily compete with 6-8k DACs imo. If in doubt, watch Soundnews written review of R26.

R26 needs a lot of break in time. Mine took 500h to fully break in. The same goes for the Euforia AE.

Keep in mind that you can not run the Euforia AE over night to break in. After 8h Euforia needs 1h rest to cool down.

For the Euforia to sound great with Utopia you need also NOS tubes. I have a pair of 6080 and a pair of KenRad black glas.

Naim Unity Atom HE is already a great pairing with Utopia. Naim is the sister company of Focal. The dac-amp combo is made with the Utopia in mind.

Why do you want to change your system?
I feel like the HE works great as an All-in-one solution and it certainly delivers great value for its money but it does have its shortcomings. While being musical and convenient to listen to, it is not the most resolving nor does it have great sound staging. I find it also to be lacking a bit in realism and tonal depth.

The Holo Spring 3 seems to outclass the Naim HE DAC in each of those aspects. I might just have to buy it blind on the used market and see for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back