FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
May 27, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #2,702 of 3,121
When things work as they should, I will say as much. When they do not, I will all so say as much. Again, I think what has happened to early buyers is nothing short of wrong and FiiO could offer some small consolation to those that put up with being beta testers. And again, I do not know their margin of profit but if they can do some thing for those people, then I think they should.

And by this I mean the folks here that bought in good faith and continued to with FiiO to get this DAP right. I am not concerned with the whole world, just those that I know via this little corner of the Matrix. Regard less, FiiO has made it right by fixing it. Finally.

It's been a few days now...you've been quiet all week. How's things a'goin with your X1-II?

May 28, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #2,703 of 3,121
It's been a few days now...you've been quiet all week. How's things a'goin with your X1-II?

So far, so good. I have not noticed "gapless" working (and I selected it). I have not tried out the blutoof yet. I can not comment on the musicalifragelisticexpealidocisousness of the X1-II as, well...I have not heard any thing other than music. My blutoof helmet is at work so as I said, I have not tried out that aspect yet.

It works fine via USB in my car or via the mini-jack in my car. The former displays info on the car's radio screen while that latter does not. I like the rose color just fine and my daughter said she does not want the unit so I do not have to order up another.

May 30, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #2,704 of 3,121
So far, so good. I have not noticed "gapless" working (and I selected it). I have not tried out the blutoof yet. I can not comment on the musicalifragelisticexpealidocisousness of the X1-II as, well...I have not heard any thing other than music. My blutoof helmet is at work so as I said, I have not tried out that aspect yet.

It works fine via USB in my car or via the mini-jack in my car. The former displays info on the car's radio screen while that latter does not. I like the rose color just fine and my daughter said she does not want the unit so I do not have to order up another.

Was I not "flowery" enough? Dammit. I need to learn to type. Ummmm...It is still working. I may try the blootoof soon. Iiiiiiiiiiiittttsssss...

Musicalifragelisticexpealidocious, even though it some times fails, we still like it the mostest.

If you play it loud enough you bound to loose your hearing, my review is stuck on just the truth and FiiO need not fear me
Um diddle liddle um diddle eye....Blah, blah, blah.

FiiO reps, you need to remember this and not repeat the stooooopidity that led to the poor reviews. You need to atone for the stoooooopidity. Now.

Apologies to the late, great Mr. Walt Disney and the team of the Sherman Brothers for messing with "Mary Poppins". I could do that all day because I like to write. Not type.

Jun 2, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #2,705 of 3,121
My X1 II refused to "return" to the main menu. It would just keep playing the same group of songs, over and over. I could turn it off, wait a few minutes, turn it back on and it would still be stuck on the same group of songs. Played only in order. If I tried to use the "return" feature the screen would turn black with the music playing. I could not do anything but power down.

I finally turned it off, removed the MicroSD and then turned it back on. It was at the main menu. With the power still on I inserted the card and every thing worked again as it had. FiiO, would you happen to know if this was just a problem I encountered or have others experienced it or some thing similar? I have not tried Bluetooth yet. I just listen to my music.

Which is exactly what this is designed for. I await any insight from FiiO. Thank you.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #2,706 of 3,121
My X1 II refused to "return" to the main menu. It would just keep playing the same group of songs, over and over. I could turn it off, wait a few minutes, turn it back on and it would still be stuck on the same group of songs. Played only in order. If I tried to use the "return" feature the screen would turn black with the music playing. I could not do anything but power down.

I finally turned it off, removed the MicroSD and then turned it back on. It was at the main menu. With the power still on I inserted the card and every thing worked again as it had. FiiO, would you happen to know if this was just a problem I encountered or have others experienced it or some thing similar? I have not tried Bluetooth yet. I just listen to my music.

Which is exactly what this is designed for. I await any insight from FiiO. Thank you.

I have the same problem as you and reported it a few days ago.

"I have a similar problem. Everytime I listen to the songs of a single artist or of a single album, I can´t switch back to the categorie . When I try to skip back, the monitor turns black and no further action is possible. To start the X1 again I have to longpress the on/off button.
I have reported this issue before and they told me to reset my device, but this isn´t a solution for this bug.
I hope Fiio can solve this problem in the next firmwareupdate. Until then, I can only use the random play of all songs, but that´s not what I bought this player for."

I only find this solution:
- I reseted the device
- I formated the card new, that means I deleted all songs!!!
- I sychronized the device new (I use the programm "MusicBee")
- At least I have to actualise the media library by hand (manual).

All in all, this takes it time, but it is worth spending. In the moment I have no problems, no black screens, the player works fine.

I hope this will help, so you can enjoy our little player.

Jun 3, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #2,707 of 3,121
I just received my X1 II. It sounds great. However, I noticed that the equalizer doesn't function when listening through bluetooth. Is it supposed to? Is there a setting I need to change? It works fine on through the headphone output. I've installed firmware 6.6.

Jun 4, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #2,710 of 3,121

I have the same problem as you and reported it a few days ago.

"I have a similar problem. Everytime I listen to the songs of a single artist or of a single album, I can´t switch back to the categorie . When I try to skip back, the monitor turns black and no further action is possible. To start the X1 again I have to longpress the on/off button.
I have reported this issue before and they told me to reset my device, but this isn´t a solution for this bug.
I hope Fiio can solve this problem in the next firmwareupdate. Until then, I can only use the random play of all songs, but that´s not what I bought this player for."

I only find this solution:
- I reseted the device
- I formated the card new, that means I deleted all songs!!!
- I sychronized the device new (I use the programm "MusicBee")
- At least I have to actualise the media library by hand (manual).

All in all, this takes it time, but it is worth spending. In the moment I have no problems, no black screens, the player works fine.

I hope this will help, so you can enjoy our little player.

Dear friends,

Seems you are both meeting the issue with black display when pressing the back button in playing songs from category. We have reported to our engineers about that and trying to reproduce and solve the issue. We are sorry for bringing inconvenience to you. You may try to do a factory restore for help by now.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 4, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #2,711 of 3,121
I just received my X1 II. It sounds great. However, I noticed that the equalizer doesn't function when listening through bluetooth. Is it supposed to? Is there a setting I need to change? It works fine on through the headphone output. I've installed firmware 6.6.
Dear friend,

The EQ function of the X1II is controled by the DAC chip. However, the Bluetooth playback won't go through the DAC chip so the EQ is not avialble throgh Bluetooth.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 5, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #2,712 of 3,121
Dear friends,

Seems you are both meeting the issue with black display when pressing the back button in playing songs from category. We have reported to our engineers about that and trying to reproduce and solve the issue. We are sorry for bringing inconvenience to you. You may try to do a factory restore for help by now.

Best regards

Thank you. I have done the reset/restore but the problem returns. I will just work around it until you come up with a solution. It is not the end of the world and I am other wise happy with the unit. It plays the sound track of my life.

Again, thank you.

Jun 7, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #2,713 of 3,121
Hi everyone, i have been using my fiio x ii for a month and i'm overall (very) satisfied but a problem just occurred (or maybe it started before but i didn't realize it) : when i play a song within an album and the player is showing the cover of that album then the informations that used to appear above that picture (name of the file, name of the folder, mp3 or aac or flac (depending on the file obviously) + 44.1khz or 192khz) disappear within the first seconds of the song.
That problem (informations including the name of the album + the type of file mp3/aac/flac) doesn't occur when i switch to "no" the "show the picture of the album" setting.

I don't know what to do, i'm either forced to keep the cover of the albums but i'm missing the name of that album + file informations or switch off those pictures to keep those informations visible during the whole song (and not during less than 5 seconds at the beginning of it).
I tried to restore the fiio to the default settings but it didn't fix the issue.

Thanks for any help you could give me, and sorry for my flawed english :D

NB : my fiio x1 ii has been on 1.6.0 for about his whole life except the first 10 minutes i got it (it was on 1.5.6 and i immediately upgraded it)

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #2,714 of 3,121
Hi everyone, i have been using my fiio x ii for a month and i'm overall (very) satisfied but a problem just occurred (or maybe it started before but i didn't realize it) : when i play a song within an album and the player is showing the cover of that album then the informations that used to appear above that picture (name of the file, name of the folder, mp3 or aac or flac (depending on the file obviously) + 44.1khz or 192khz) disappear within the first seconds of the song.
That problem (informations including the name of the album + the type of file mp3/aac/flac) doesn't occur when i switch to "no" the "show the picture of the album" setting.

I don't know what to do, i'm either forced to keep the cover of the albums but i'm missing the name of that album + file informations or switch off those pictures to keep those informations visible during the whole song (and not during less than 5 seconds at the beginning of it).
I tried to restore the fiio to the default settings but it didn't fix the issue.

Thanks for any help you could give me, and sorry for my flawed english :D

NB : my fiio x1 ii has been on 1.6.0 for about his whole life except the first 10 minutes i got it (it was on 1.5.6 and i immediately upgraded it)

Have you tried reinstalling the firmware, or doing a hard reset?

I'm not sure if it is supposed to act this way (?)

Jun 7, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #2,715 of 3,121
Have you tried reinstalling the firmware, or doing a hard reset?

I'm not sure if it is supposed to act this way (?)

Thanks George for your reply. According to the quick start guide you have to push the on/off button for about 10 seconds (if it gets stuck) to reset it, right ?
I haven't tried because my player is functionning (with the exception of the issue i have mentioned but i can listen to my music obviously), if i push the on/off a few seconds, won't it simply shutdown the player ?
I guess i might try to reinstall the firmware but as of now as the issue isn't that annoying i may not try something risky (i guess it shouldn't be "risky" to reinstall the firmware but i don't know if i will have to transfer my music once again which takes quite some time on the 2 Mo/s speed with the USB link).

Yeah it might be a firwmare bug i guess, as it didn't do that before (informations about the file disappearing after a few seconds of play) and this problem doesn't happen when the cover picture isn't shown.

Thanks for your help, i may decide to try to do a hard reset in the future, but as of now it doesn't bother me that much to take the risk to get bigger problems and/or having to load my music once again on the microsd card.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back