Final Thoughts: Sony MDR-XB1000 vs. Ultrasone Pro 900. Who is the Bass KING? ** Pictures **
May 1, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #16 of 138

Quote:
It's a shame it takes such a long time for it to be released in europe and US, Sony is missing a lot of cash here. :p

But understandable, considering the disaster and all...

May 1, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #17 of 138

Quote:
But understandable, considering the disaster and all...

I think that is what's causing the delay on every new Sony models.  I want the MDR-Z1000.  I may just pay the high prices to get them now like I did with the XB1000.

May 1, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #19 of 138

Quote:
Sorry but I missed your point.

Oh, just that American cars used to be made in America, not so much anymore. You know, Motown / Motor City, where the majority of American cars were manufactured.

Everything is outsourced these days, so "German" cans, from Ultrasone, to Sennheiser, or even Denon's (Japan) flagships, etc, are pretty much all made in China, like many many things.

May 1, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #20 of 138

My wife's iPad was the same way.  Too many critical components out of Japan, for it not to be an issue...
Quote:
I think that is what's causing the delay on every new Sony models.  I want the MDR-Z1000.  I may just pay the high prices to get them now like I did with the XB1000.

May 2, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #22 of 138
 So the XB1000 is not good for hip hop? I had the 700's and thought they were very good for hip hop, and I just bought the 1000's yesterday. I hope I didn't make a bad choice.

Not that it is not good for Hip Hop, the XB700 has more of an in your face sound that is better IMO for Rap/Hip Hop.

May 2, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #24 of 138

Quote:
It's a shame it takes such a long time for it to be released in europe and US from Sony's POV, they are missing a lot of potential cash here. :p

Indeed. I never saw myself buying one of the XB series, but the thought of what sounds like pretty linear bass that has good sub-bass AND a very large soundstage is highly appealing to me. It seems very difficult to find a a headphone that has good sub-bass and a wide soundstage, as usually the larger the soundstage/more open the headphone, the more sub-bass tends to suffer. I hope they come out sometime this summer. I've been heavily contemplating headphones like the K701 and DT880, but this actually sounds tempting enough to make me buy it instead; I just need more comparisons to higher end headphones.

May 2, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #25 of 138
Indeed. I never saw myself buying one of the XB series, but the thought of what sounds like pretty linear bass that has good sub-bass AND a very large soundstage is highly appealing to me. It seems very difficult to find a a headphone that has good sub-bass and a wide soundstage, as usually the larger the soundstage/more open the headphone, the more sub-bass tends to suffer. I hope they come out sometime this summer. I've been heavily contemplating headphones like the K701 and DT880, but this actually sounds tempting enough to make me buy it instead; I just need more comparisons to higher end headphones.

D7000 has amazing bass and a very open soundstage. Give them consideration as well. Though they are above the average price for what you're looking at.

May 2, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #26 of 138

Quote:
Quote:

D7000 has amazing bass and a very open soundstage. Give them consideration as well. Though they are above the average price for what you're looking at.

I auditioned the D7000 at a a store today through a very cheap setup and they were by far my favorite of the headphones on display despite what was likely poor amplification for all the top tier phones. But yes, they are way above my price range. Budget is under 400.

May 2, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #27 of 138

The D7000 is a GREAT headphones with good bass, but it's not the same bass as the XB1000. The XB1000 gives you good bass presure (SPL) like subwoofers that the D7000 doesn't.

May 2, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #28 of 138
The thump and SPL is the reason I want the XB1000, those 70mm drivers tell the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back