wink.gif

^_^!

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #92 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavio T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MrGreen,

That was a GREAT guess!!!
darthsmile.gif

I remember reading your post before we announced the next contest...

I'm also Chris (gosnells being my permenant residence, and I'm going back there next week).

I'm pretty much the houdini of guessing.
tongue.gif

Enjoy the reviews
wink.gif
Thanks again

I doubt I'll get the trifector hehe. My friend will be happy to know he will get his amp back sooner than expected, though.

If the option gets added later, I'll edit the review to post me using the dt770 and hr2 together

edit: come to think of it, I should enter lotto

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #93 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also Chris (gosnells being my permenant residence, and I'm going back there next week).

I'm pretty much the houdini of guessing.
tongue.gif

Enjoy the reviews
wink.gif
Thanks again

I doubt I'll get the trifector hehe. My friend will be happy to know he will get his amp back sooner than expected, though.

If the option gets added later, I'll edit the review to post me using the dt770 and hr2 together

No way!!!

You are Chris Dawson? I had no idea. We loved your writing style.

Congratulations!!! I didn't know you were a headfier but now that I do, it's even better!
k701smile.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #94 of 105
We have also awarded 2 reviews under the category for "Best Most Detailed and Technical Reviews":

Jason Swire from Sydney, Australia for his PRO750 vs. HD600 review/comparison, won a iharmonix Pro ev-series

Larry Ganz from Colorado Springs, CO for his HD800 review, won a Denon ADH501K

Thanks again for the submissions!

Now for the Sennheiser HD800 Contest!

Dec 14, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #96 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, I appreciate the honorable mention and will likely review the Denon AHD501K after I have them broken in.

Then you can send them to me so I can compare them to my HD555...right?
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
My Senns are the only decent pair of full-sizers I've ever listened to, I have no idea what other ones sound like/how big a difference different headphones make...

Dec 14, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #97 of 105
[size=large]Hints for the next Contest:[/size]

[size=small]Internet readers have a low attention span so keep reviews somewhat short and concise (unless you are Dan Brown).

Good humor often works well when writing.

Build anticipation. Keep the reader interested in your material.

Not too technical. Not too shallow. Not too deep. Not too serious. Not too funny. Yes, writing is an art (and I suck at it -- unless I'm really inspired -- so look for your inspiration before writing your review). Listening to your headphones while writing the review sometimes work miracles. MUSIC is the driver. The feeling you get from it is the driver. Not the equipment. The equipment is only the "vehicle" for the experience.

List the music you listened to. Tell about your preferences. And how the headphones made you feel.

Remember you are writing to a broad audience. Much like Head-Fi, some readers are seasoned audiophiles with a ton of equipment and some are "rookies". You don't want to alienate either. If you have to pick, write for the masses that LOVE MUSIC not the equipment, so describing your experience with that product goes a long way. How it makes you feel. Which music you listened to.

* HINT HINT * The more product reviews you submit for different products you had experience with, the greater are your chances of taking this $1,399 set of headphones to your home sweet home. Remember, you can write one review per product listed on our site.[/size]

[size=medium]Good luck!![/size]

This new contest will include all the reviews posted after December 12, 2009 and the winner will receive a FREE Sennheiser HD800

We may close new entries on or before April 10th, 2010.

[size=medium]FREE Sennheiser HD800 - Winner will be announced on April 28th 2010.
[/size]

Dec 20, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #98 of 105
Some pics for those who are curious (I'm a terrible photographer)
op1z4l.jpg

^ Australian 5 cent piece is the glowing circle

adf2v8.jpg

From the front (somehow it looks purple even though its not purple at all). I'm also terrible at photoshop (greyscaled some wood to make the amp stand out more than the wood, and tried to correct blur).

It should be in use shortly after christmas. Cheers.

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #99 of 105
Jan 5, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #101 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be doing a review on the Westone 2 and Denon AH-D501K in a bit. When does the current contest end? Thanks.

This contest will include all the reviews posted after December 12, 2009 but keep in mind that it's only for reviews posted on Headphone Solutions website.

We may close new entries on or before April 10th, 2010.

[size=medium]FREE Sennheiser HD800 - Winner will be announced on April 28th 2010.
[/size]

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:09 AM Post #103 of 105
As soon as I get back home, I am going to review my ATH-AD700
biggrin.gif
BTW MrGreen, looks like you have the 120V version yet you are in Australia? How are you operating the HR2?

Jan 15, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #105 of 105

Users who are viewing this thread

Back