Funny comments from the forums.
Sep 10, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #888 of 959
Taken from the Ibasso DX200 thread
Me reacting as I read through your impressions...
giphy.gif

Sep 12, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #894 of 959
The new KZ-BA10 taken from the Discovery Thread. I'm thinking either Ergonomic means something altogether different in Mandarin...or maybe their conchas are square shaped? I'll be honest, I've never looked into it.
HTB15n1LKuuSBuNjSsziq6zq8pXaf.jpg

Sep 14, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #895 of 959
This priceless gem from a recent post in the "Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please..." thread.

BTW, I owned the Z7. Had I known that having them on thrust me into a cheap pre-code Hollywood melodrama, I might have kept them...

The aging Sony Z7 flagship headphone may look classy BUT it has a tacky nightclub tone, which somehow goes with EDM. I just need to spray some cheap cologne on the Z7s to complete the effect.

Sep 17, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #896 of 959
Observations about typhoon Mangkhut from a Head-Fier in Hong Kong:

Thank you for the kind wishes. My wife and I were never in any danger, and we're none the worse for wear. Our major drama was a very mild window leak in a bathroom. Yesterday was a bit of a Schiit show around here though. Our office building's exterior sustained some damage. A few windows were blown out completely, and we lost exterior panes from quite a number.

That, of course, led me to wonder how much lateral pressure 140 kph winds present. That led down a rabbit hole... BTW, it seems to be ~19+ psf, which was lower than I expected given damage etc.. so that led to more reading... and less understanding. Essentially a 9ft x 5ft window is taking the brunt of ~800+ pounds of pressure, but anyway...

Much more productive work was done determining which closed-back will isolate against the sounds of howling wind. :wink: I also got a full day of (mostly) relaxation and music, which is a rare blessing.

Sep 25, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #897 of 959
akermitHP.jpg

Latest head pie memes part 6:
https://www.headpie.net/2018/09/head-pie-memes-6-end-is-nigh.html

I generally refrain from meme posting in the forums as its not a good match. So I just post these collections occasionally instead of the individual memes that appear on the HP FB and instagram.

For Head-fi these are two that have made it.

193E40B1-489D-4671-96B9-2BD921E63A25.jpeg

iBasso amp jenga

8B7C0464-5A2A-4C9D-B7FD-26C78525D6DF.jpeg

Campfire Audio Catscades!

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #898 of 959
These amazing comments & quotes recently appeared on the Chinese/Asian Brand Info thread:

Holy moly, those are weird looking, but it just makes me want them more... for those who haven't clicked the link, here's either enticement to do it or sufficient evidence against interest depending on what you think of the look :beyersmile:

EDIT: The description is also entertaining, here's one bullet point:

"The softness and warmth of the composite film speaker makes the sound very rational, the vocal kindness, the smoothness of the strings, and Humanistic feelings..."

EDIT 2: How did I miss this one?

"The thick silver plating process makes the audio signal more smooth and moisturized during transmission.

Loud field, warm, moist, sweet.

Suitable for the symphony of the big head, as well as the popularity of the four flats...." :laughing:

Yet... I really want them now!

Oct 2, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #899 of 959
From the Schiit Lyr 3 tube rolling thread (where people spend more on tubes than on the amp):

Why would I want to amass a bunch of something I like and then sell it off for something I haven't even heard or know I'll like. That makes no sense. Silly Rabbit! :wink:

This is an affront to accepted audiophile logic. You're fired.

Oct 2, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #900 of 959
From the Schiit Lyr 3 tube rolling thread (where people spend more on tubes than on the amp):

Well, sure -- when you put it that way, it sounds pretty stupid, but...

the fact we spent so little on the amp and it only uses 1 tube affords us the luxury of buying lots of tubes. Do you honestly think if we had spent proportionately more on an amp we somehow would have spent proportionately less on tubes? Silly Rabbit!! :smirk:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back