Funny comments from the forums.
Nov 17, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #902 of 959
From the Lyr 3 thread:

Believe me, I’m fondling the tubes more than the amp :wink: I’ve got three so far, including the stock NOS.

Headphone cable is ok, works fine in other amps. First I thought it was the headphone jack, but I can’t see that it could be as it drops out also when I put pressure nowhere near there.

I’ll email Schiit and see what they say.

Three? THREE? When you get to 300, let us know and @Ripper2860 will send you an invitation to the next WHORE meeting (Worldwide Hoarders Of Rare Electronics). He's the founding father.

A wee bit of an exaggeration by @bcowen. You can join at BRONZE LEVEL status after 25 unique tubes. :wink:

What gives!? You told me 100. You trying to keep me out?

:tired_face:

Unfortunately, @bcowen voted against our extending you a membership invitation. Something about previous posting of pictures of tubes along with obscene hand gestures for scale.:wink:

Jan 26, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #904 of 959
The following was actually posted the other day in the ZMF Aeolus appreciation thread (name deleted for obvious reasons):

"i am falling in love with this hp.
@xxxxxx must have a really big penis. only a man with a massive penis could tune an hp like this.
"​

Jan 26, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #905 of 959
FCF59A78-9675-4FD7-BCDF-BC0D651C1B2C.jpeg

4A435143-E8E3-46C5-8AD2-F38302ECED5A.jpeg

8B566887-3F67-486A-ABB9-50D02EF5D28E.jpeg

May 14, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #907 of 959
Sub harmonics and inaudible frequencies are important.

May 14, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #908 of 959
Sub harmonics and inaudible frequencies are important.

I actually tried to re-post a funny comment here and had it totally screwed up, so just gave up. I need some refresher training :)

May 14, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #909 of 959
Click on "+quote" on the post(s) and then, in the same tab, come to this thread and "Insert quote(s)". It has to be the same browser tab though.

May 15, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #910 of 959
Click on "+quote" on the post(s) and then, in the same tab, come to this thread and "Insert quote(s)". It has to be the same browser tab though.

Thanks for the refresher, Amos. That is exactly what I did wrong :)

May 17, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #911 of 959
From the Vali 2 Tube Rolling thread:

Dear fellow tube rollers on Vali 2, I think this thread has become too technical. No, I am not suggesting to discuss matching tubes and music, as to each his own, too personal and potentially incendiary. Instead, I suggest to discuss matching tube and wine. I have received my wine stock replenishment on Saturday, mostly Italian wines this time. Rosso di Montefalco matches my twin 6C5C in character just perfectly: mellow, clear, resolved, but a tad relaxed.

However, the idea poses a methodological challenge in case of twin triodes: two tubes, one bottle, one glass. Should I use two glasses or two bottles? Or, should I stick to double triods, which, after all, come in one bottle?

May 17, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #912 of 959
It reminded me a little of what happens when I plug into the Valhalla...so I thought why not try the HF-580 with it?
Oh my knee!!! This beats my old HE-500 and V200 combo hands down. Not a whole lot of power but holy pants I don’t give a damn when music sounds this magnificent.
It’s like the headphone simultaneously drank a litre of peyote and licked the surface of a small star. ELECTRIC.

Jul 20, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #913 of 959
Originally posted on The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread:
I have been Working Undercover on the New Flagship Sennheiser, and despite my signed Non-Disclosure agreement, the comments here prompt me to reveal what the new Sennheiser HD 1000 will be (sorry, Sennheiser! But you never gave me that pair of Beats headphones you promised!):

I have pilfered a picture of the new HD 1000 from the Sennheiser lab, shown here in its case. As you can see, it will be sold in the same case as the present HD 800:

The HD 1000 offers several improvements over the HD 800:

1. Even more than Grado headphones the new HD 1000 is completely transparent! The picture above confirms this, as you can see ALL of the back of the box, even under the HD 1000.
  2. The HD 1000 is also weightless... you will never know that you are wearing it. (no weight indentations in the box)
  3. The HD 1000 is very soft... you cannot feel any pressure squeezing your ears or weighting your head.
  4. The HD 1000 is wireless... no messy cables to stumble over.
  5. The HD 1000 is so completely realistic that it comes with the new Sennheiser Realism Guarantee ("SRG") -- listen to what is around you without the HD 1000, then put them on and listen. We guarantee that you will not be able to tell the difference! Complete realism, as measured by A/B blind testing over dozens of trial users. Unlike most headphones that fight their environment by trying to impose their own sounds upon your ear, the HD 1000 will complement the acoustic environment that you are in, providing exact reproduction of its sounds.

Like the HD 800, introduced at a price that was double its model number, the HD 1000 will be offered at $2,000, double its model number.

However, I stole several prototypes from the lab and I am happy to sell them at half price, or $1,000 each. Since they are weightless, there is no charge for shipping other than the cost of shipping the box.

Please.... first come, first served!

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #914 of 959
1. Happy with current gear
2. Curiously check head-fi, just this one time.
3. Learn all about new release.
4. New release makes your current gear sound like crap.
5. Order new release.
6. Read 759 reviews and impressions about new release being best ever.
7. New release arrives and becomes current gear.
8. Try out current gear, learn it’s somehow lacking.
9. Return to Step 2.

Aug 30, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #915 of 959
From Jason Stoddard's Schiit Audio thread:

Here's another Asgard 2 story to add to the collection:

I had an old cat who -during winter- loved to sleep over my Asgard. I tried many times to prevent it, but as any cat owner knows, those little furry fellas do whatever they want to do, all the time. So I was, "ok, you win, sleep there if that's what you want!!!".

Now, the weirdest thing happened one day: I just observed -in shock- that it seems she was so comfortable there, that she got relaxed to a point where drops of pee began to roll down through the top grill. Just when I realized that, I quickly pick her up to put her on the floor and at that moment short circuit noises begin to come from the Asgard while at the same time the left channel of my Genelec monitors was announcing the agony of my beloved Asgard. I shut down the amp faster than a gazelle running from a lion and proceeded to inspect it with a flashlight...

...yep... just on the surface of the board... a good amount of resistors and transistors(?) soaked on pee and looking blackest than the black hole in the center of our galaxy, it was an area of a thumb approx.

So I tried my best to dry the board introducing through the holes of the grill some long sticks with cotton on the tip. At some point it looked dry to me, so I turn the amp on and hell yeah... no short circuit noises and no buzzing, sadly... no music either. The left channel was 100% dead.

I felt so depressed for my bad luck that I said to myself "desperate times call desperate measures":

1.- I put warm water with detergent in a plastic container and I just immersed Asgard while shaking it violently until bubbles where flying everywhere. I left it there for 10 minutes then proceeded to rinse it for 5 minutes.
2.- I climbed up to the roof of my house and left Asgard there, where the surface was hotter than hell (it was winter but it was a sunny day).
3.- Three hours later I picked the damn amp and proceeded to inspect it, it looked totally dry.
4.- I connected everything, turn the amp on and HOLY SCHIIT, it was alive and kicking... both channels working perfectly!!!!

That was two years ago and until this day, my Asgard keeps working like nothing happened!

source.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back