Grado Fan Club!
Feb 4, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #58,771 of 65,733
How is Burson paire with Grado and compare to Schiit. I going to SS and be settled, I'm tried of chasing tube amps.
I'm thinking of Asgard + Modius stack and how it against Burson Conductor 3P (does it good performance for the extra cash or Playmate 2 is a go to). I prefer smooth sound, not analytical but not too slow bass.

IMHO --> in the price range of the Burson Conductor (or even sightly less) you might get more enjoyment / synergy in pairing Grado + Violectric. The v200 pop up in classifieds from time-to-time. You could consider pairing with the Modius..or even a Bifrost 2 .... :notes:

IMG_1884.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023 at 11:25 PM Post #58,772 of 65,733
IMHO --> in the price range of the Burson Conductor (or even sightly less) you might get more enjoyment / synergy in pairing Grado + Violectric. The v200 pop up in classifieds from time-to-time. You could consider pairing with the Modius..or even a Bifrost 2 .... :notes:

IMG_1884.jpeg
Excellent suggestion! The Vioelectric V200 + Grados brings down the house!

Feb 5, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #58,774 of 65,733
How is Burson paire with Grado and compare to Schiit. I going to SS and be settled, I'm tried of chasing tube amps.
I'm thinking of Asgard + Modius stack and how it against Burson Conductor 3P (does it good performance for the extra cash or Playmate 2 is a go to). I prefer smooth sound, not analytical but not too slow bass.
iʻm not sure about current day grados...in the past, grados have always paired well with the gilmore-lite.

Feb 5, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #58,775 of 65,733
I like my Grados paired with RME. Fast and articulate bass. Good slam. Very clean and crispy mids and neutral highs.
e.g. with Leonard Cohen intimacy is very strong. Very.
And as a bonus you have opportunity to tune that lower bass a bit higher. If you want to. I did and it lifts RS2x even higher on ladders.

Feb 5, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #58,778 of 65,733

Is their new version V202 ok? I don't see V200 on the market.

Also my liking sound signature is U shape with about -2db at 3khz. I like good amount of treble but smooth treble, my ear sensitive with 3khz.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #58,779 of 65,733
Is their new version V202 ok? I don't see V200 on the market.

Also my liking sound signature is U shape with about -2db at 3khz. I like good amount of treble but smooth treble, my ear sensitive with 3khz.

I've not heard any of the new models - so I'll refrain from providing opinion on those units directly. I'd be surprised to hear if they no longer maintain some of the older (full bodied) characteristics.

Perhaps other's here with recent experience with newer models will drop a thought or two.

Feb 5, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #58,780 of 65,733
Debating on selling my 325E. I’ll be honest, my LCD2s and Bathys have stolen most of their listening. I have had mine forever though. I still love the way they sound tho

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #58,782 of 65,733
Keep 'em. It will save you the trouble of having to buy them back later.
not bad advice. I sold a pair of hifiman he-6 and regret it to this day. still one of my favorite headphones and hard to find. the 325e is easier to find so selling wouldn't be a terrible idea if you ever want to repurchase in the future.

Feb 5, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #58,783 of 65,733
I've found Burson gear to sound great with Grados, but their products with digital volume control aren't really well-suited for higher-sensitivity headphones. Even on the Playmate 2 in low gain, I thought that "01" was still too loud! The Burson Funk, with its 3W Class-A headphone stage and analogue volume-pot is great with my GH1.

Feb 5, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #58,785 of 65,733

Users who are viewing this thread

Back