Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Apr 17, 2024 at 2:48 AM Post #1,816 of 1,922
@Nick24JJ I finally got around to trying the charging thing. Plugged R6P2 into the charger, then powered on the player. It stopped charging at the set limit of 80%. Same with R6III.
The only times my player’s don’t stop charging is when they are not powered up. I now always charge with them powered on, and have had no problems.

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #1,819 of 1,922
@Nick24JJ I finally got around to trying the charging thing. Plugged R6P2 into the charger, then powered on the player. It stopped charging at the set limit of 80%. Same with R6III.
The only times my player’s don’t stop charging is when they are not powered up. I now always charge with them powered on, and have had no problems.

Okay, so you have first plugged in the charger and then powered ON the device? Please, this is important! This does not work for me. Two times now I have tried it. If my device is powered OFF and I plug it in and then power it ON, my Max Battery setting of 85 is not respected. It keeps charging (slower). I have tried this twice now.

The only time this setting seems to work for me is when the device is already ON and I plug it in.

@Nick24JJ I would try a different usb cable just for elimination purposes.

I am using the stock cable that came with the DAP. As a charger, I am using this device, the same I am using for my smartphone. It charges rapidly. I do not think there is a problem with either. This must be a software issue which HiBy's Engineers should try to resolve.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #1,820 of 1,922
Apr 17, 2024 at 5:17 AM Post #1,821 of 1,922
That is correct.
Thank you very much for confirming! This does not work for me, as it seems. I will try to make another test today, even though I have confirmed this twice, so far.

Apr 17, 2024 at 5:17 AM Post #1,822 of 1,922
I’ve just tried again, and this time it carried on charging past 80%.
From reading this thread, it seems the correct way to charge (if wanting to stop at a set limit) is to power on the player before plugging into the charger.
I have had zero problems doing it this way.

Apr 17, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #1,823 of 1,922
I’ve just tried again, and this time it carried on charging past 80%.
From reading this thread, it seems the correct way to charge (if wanting to stop at a set limit) is to power on the player before plugging into the charger.
I have had zero problems doing it this way.
Ahh, I see!
Well, okay then, if it works this way only, it is what it is.
I was just trying to understand, so that I can do it properly.

Apr 17, 2024 at 5:48 AM Post #1,824 of 1,922
From what you guys are saying the difference is subtle, on mine the difference is huge in a bad way, that is why I am a bit confused and convinced something is not right.
Might try a different DSD from elsewhere.
Playing DSD as PCM and DSD as DSD should not sound so different (should not sound different at all, I would argue) unless you have DSP enabled somewhere.

What DSP have you enabled in the player app and in systemwide settings?

If you don't think you have anything enabled, now's the time to start checking more carefully.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 17, 2024 at 5:56 AM Post #1,825 of 1,922
Everyone just calm down.

@Nick24JJ I would suggest that you use the max battery limit feature after powering on and not try to find corner cases where it does not work. Most DAPs don’t even have such a feature so be happy that the R6P2 has it. The Software on Hiby is state of the art compared to other Android devices in the Hi-Fi world. If you try another brand you would understand this.

Apr 17, 2024 at 6:13 AM Post #1,826 of 1,922
I would also appreciate it a lot, @Joe Bloggs if you would reply to my previous post:
Is there an ETA for the new firmware which will, eventually, fix the already reported Digital Filters' issue, together with the other one re: HiBy Music I've reported, and can we hope for a bigger icon for the battery charging progress [bar] while the device is powered off?
@JoeBloggs
I would like to add the question when the R6PII will finally become Roon ready and able to play Hi-Res files > 24-48 bit perfect via Roon. This is meanwhile quite overdue...

All of the reported issues cited by Nick have been forwarded to the devs. Yes, I am a bit of a dev myself, but I don't work at HQ. The digital filters should be fixed in the next update, I can't speak specifically to the other points.

Roon has been given our hardware samples for the purpose of developing Roon readiness since [redacted]. We have not had a response from them since then nor have we been told there was anything we could do on our end to speed up the process.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Apr 17, 2024 at 6:32 AM Post #1,827 of 1,922
1713349808390.png

(who's this addressed to? Nobody--Australia Post pastes this under every message they send. I think I'm entitled to copy it once in a while 😂 )

Apr 17, 2024 at 6:33 AM Post #1,828 of 1,922
Playing DSD as PCM and DSD as DSD should not sound so different (should not sound different at all, I would argue) unless you have DSP enabled somewhere.

What DSP have you enabled in the player app and in systemwide settings?

If you don't think you have anything enabled, now's the time to start checking more carefully.
Made sure I turned everything off this time, and now the PCM and Native do sound the same, so that is a relief. Not my cup of tea sound as do like to EQ especially as I listen to a lot of old rock music which has terrible recording so the only way to make it bearable is to EQ, thanks for you help guys.

Apr 17, 2024 at 6:38 AM Post #1,829 of 1,922
Regarding the charging issue, read a while back somewhere that someone had a problem with the Hiby screen turning on and off every so often ( while Hiby is off) while charging. He changed the usb cable and it did not do it anymore. Mine also done that in the past and now has stopped doing it, did not take note if this stopped because of the latest update or because I had changed the cable.

Apr 17, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #1,830 of 1,922
Regarding the charging issue, read a while back somewhere that someone had a problem with the Hiby screen turning on and off every so often ( while Hiby is off) while charging. He changed the usb cable and it did not do it anymore. Mine also done that in the past and now has stopped doing it, did not take note if this stopped because of the latest update or because I had changed the cable.
I got a new phone charger & cable and now my screen stays dark. :smile_phones:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back