Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Apr 17, 2024 at 7:06 AM Post #1,833 of 1,922
Yes, It was driving me nuts because I could see the screen when it was charging. But now it stays dark. :ksc75smile:
Yes mine also, now have magnetic usb cables which work a treat and saves having to keep inserting the cable which is very often with the Hiby. Bought 4 sets as use them for the phone also. Have connected one to the pc to transfer music from. Do not like to keep removing and inserting the usb in beacuse of wear & tear.

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #1,834 of 1,922
Yes mine also, now have magnetic usb cables which work a treat and saves having to keep inserting the cable which is very often with the Hiby. Bought 4 sets as use them for the phone also. Have connected one to the pc to transfer music from. Do not like to keep removing and inserting the usb in beacuse of wear &
I agree, hated using different cables but somehow I lucked out and got the right one. I'm just wondering why the screen started coming on when it didn't do that when I first got my R6 Pro II

Apr 17, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #1,835 of 1,922
Well, I had responded to nick's charging question technically, but ironically it was deleted by the mods together with all the other comments about the letters given. Let's leave it at that in the spirit of the AusPost customer service announcement... 😂

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 17, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #1,836 of 1,922
Yes mine also, now have magnetic usb cables which work a treat and saves having to keep inserting the cable which is very often with the Hiby. Bought 4 sets as use them for the phone also. Have connected one to the pc to transfer music from. Do not like to keep removing and inserting the usb in beacuse of wear & tear.
There’s always wireless/Qi/MagSafe, too. I basically never actually use my phone’s USB-C port for anything except external DACs now for probably the last six or seven years now.

-Ed

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #1,837 of 1,922
Well, I had responded to nick's charging question technically, but ironically it was deleted by the mods together with all the other comments about the letters given. Let's leave it at that in the spirit of the AusPost customer service announcement... 😂
Thanks @Joe Bloggs for making your Engineers aware of the Max Battery issue. For your information, it is now the fourth time this setting does not work for me: without shutting the device down, and with the level already set to 85, the DAP kept charging up to 87%, so then I've unplugged it.

A few more details:
- I am running the latest firmware V1.30
- I have not received this firmware via OTA because, for 2 days, my device could not find it - it was telling me I am up to date with the previous firmware.
- So, I found a post with V1.30 on HiBy Facebook, downloaded the firmware from there, copied the unzipped file into the DAP and updated.
- After the firmware update, I did a full factory reset.

I hope your Engineers will provide a solution soon. This is something very easy to check/verify. I will reduce the MAX to 80 to see if this will stick.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #1,838 of 1,922
I see lately there is lot of fuss about charging battery to 100% or less to keep the battery health optimum. However, I have completely different take on this. Phone or devices like these are meant for use and enjoy, not to get yourself too stressed on whether charging to 100% will degrade the battery health or not. I haven't seen anything significant specially with lithium ion batteries in last 6 years or so. In any case the battery health will degrade after 2 or 3 years. In my opinion keeping this theory of 20-80% charge for battery health will not prolong the battery lifespan too much. So enjoy your device and when time comes just replace the battery as simple as that.............:)

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #1,839 of 1,922
I see lately there is lot of fuss about charging battery to 100% or less to keep the battery health optimum. However, I have completely different take on this. Phone or devices like these are meant for use and enjoy, not to get yourself too stressed on whether charging to 100% will degrade the battery health or not. I haven't seen anything significant specially with lithium ion batteries in last 6 years or so. In any case the battery health will degrade after 2 or 3 years. In my opinion keeping this theory of 20-80% charge for battery health will not prolong the battery lifespan too much. So enjoy your device and when time comes just replace the battery as simple as that.............:)

These modern pieces of tech always have a limited lifespan before software is sunsetted anyway and no more updates are provided. Don’t expect any of these things to last 10, 20 years. Enjoy it while you can, then move on.

-Ed

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #1,840 of 1,922
Thanks @Joe Bloggs for making your Engineers aware of the Max Battery issue. For your information, it is now the fourth time this setting does not work for me: without shutting the device down, and with the level already set to 85, the DAP kept charging up to 87%, so then I've unplugged it.

A few more details:
- I am running the latest firmware V1.30
- I have not received this firmware via OTA because, for 2 days, my device could not find it - it was telling me I am up to date with the previous firmware.
- So, I found a post with V1.30 on HiBy Facebook, downloaded the firmware from there, copied the unzipped file into the DAP and updated.
- After the firmware update, I did a full factory reset.

I hope your Engineers will provide a solution soon. This is something very easy to check/verify. I will reduce the MAX to 80 to see if this will stick.
I had seen elsewhere it being reported that the charge limiting feature may work or fail depending on the charger being used. You may find a smaller charger with lesser output voltage / wattage capabilities to more likly work / not "punch through" the "stop" signalling.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 17, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #1,841 of 1,922
I had seen elsewhere it being reported that the charge limiting feature may work or fail depending on the charger being used. You may find a smaller charger with lesser output voltage / wattage capabilities to more likly work / not "punch through" the "stop" signalling.
Okay, I see...

Right now I am using this charger. I got this for my Samsung S23 Ultra.

Can you please suggest a suitable charger, preferably from Amazon UK, or give me the specifications to know what to look for?

Sorry, I have no idea about these matters, never bothered to research.

This is a rational point, at least to my ears, not sure how many others will agree. Personally, I have never set any battery charging levels to any of the other devices I own and offer this feature. Not sure if I should set it on this DAP, either, however it is good this has been reported because this feature should work.

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #1,842 of 1,922
I do agree about the enjoyment of the device and whatever happens happens but may be some people may have struggled to pay for a device so they want to make sure it is going to last. My previous Dap only lasted just over a year before it needed a new battery (had the hassle of sending it back to China myself) so I am also pretty cautious about looking after the battery.

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #1,843 of 1,922
Okay, I see...

Can you please suggest a suitable charger, preferably from Amazon UK, or give me the specifications to know what to look for?

This is a rational point, at least to my ears, not sure how many others will agree. Personally, I have never set any battery charging levels to any of the other devices I own and offer this feature. Not sure if I should set it on this DAP, either, however it is good this has been reported because this feature should work.
Have this Nick and it works fine on mine, https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0B2LH9YWV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1,
Cables I am using are these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...o.order_list.order_list_main.5.739d18027pXxkm

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #1,844 of 1,922
Okay, I see...

For my DAP, I use this one:
https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-cr06-audio-dock

-Ed

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:33 PM Post #1,845 of 1,922

Okay, that one you're using says 33W, mine says 45W, no worries, but does yours charge the DAP fast? So, does it say: Fast Charging with yours? Mine says Fast Charging until it will reach the set level (85). Then it just says "Charging" but... it does not stop.

Thanks, Ed but I think your device is for a different use case :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back