Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Apr 17, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #1,846 of 1,922
Okay, that one you're using says 33W, mine says 45W, no worries, but does yours charge the DAP fast? So, does it say: Fast Charging with yours? Mine says Fast Charging until it will reach the set level (85). Then it just says "Charging" but... it does not stop.

Thanks, Ed but I think your device is for a different use case :)
Where does it say fast charging on yours Nick ? When I connect the usb plug I just get the battery charging icon when the hiby is off and when it is on cannot see the message fast charging anywhere.

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #1,847 of 1,922
The charger I showed fast charges on the top usb slot QC 3.0, have left it on and am charging it at the moment and shall let you know what happens later on as want to make sure.

Apr 17, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #1,848 of 1,922
Where does it say fast charging on yours Nick ? When I connect the usb plug I just get the battery charging icon when the hiby is off and when it is on cannot see the message fast charging anywhere.
So, when you charge the device while it is powered ON, when the screen is off if you press the top button on the right side, the screen will come up and at the bottom it shows Fast Charging and the percentage.

Apr 17, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #1,849 of 1,922
Mine only show battery icon and percentage, no fast charging that I can see both on and off while pressing the power on button.

Apr 17, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #1,850 of 1,922
Do not know if the charger is fast charging the Hiby however I am getting the fast charging notification with the same charger and cable on the Samsung phone. Might not fast charge the Hiby ? It has stopped charging the Hiby at 85% as my settings, left it on charge for 20 mins after it reached 85% and has not moved.

Apr 17, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #1,851 of 1,922
Mine only show battery icon and percentage, no fast charging that I can see both on and off while pressing the power on button.

Sorry, I meant Charging rapidly, as shown in the picture

20240417_224755.jpg

Do not know if the charger is fast charging the Hiby however I am getting the fast charging notification with the same charger and cable on the Samsung phone. Might not fast charge the Hiby ? It has stopped charging the Hiby at 85% as my settings, left it on charge for 20 mins after it reached 85% and has not moved.
Glad it works for you! For me, it does not respect the setting. If I will leave it, it keeps charging slowly.
May I ask you, have you received the latest firmware, V1.30, via OTA or did you have to manually install it?

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #1,852 of 1,922
Sorry, I meant Charging rapidly, as shown in the picture

20240417_224755.jpg

Glad it works for you! For me, it does not respect the setting. If I will leave it, it keeps charging slowly.
May I ask you, have you received the latest firmware, V1.30, via OTA or did you have to manually install it?

Apr 17, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #1,853 of 1,922
Had the Beta version and once the latest version came out it updated once I turned my wifi on, might have taken a couple of times trying but it did update on its own, might have cleared cache not sure.
Have no message like yours " Charging Rapidly" all I get is the small battery icon on the top right corner which changes colour to tell me its charging.
My screen is standard skin so that might be the reason that I have no charging message.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #1,855 of 1,922
Had the Beta version and once the latest version came out it updated once I turned my wifi on, might have taken a couple of times trying but it did update on its own, might have cleared cache not sure.
Have no message like yours " Charging Rapidly" all I get is the small battery icon on the top right corner which changes colour to tell me its charging.
My screen is standard skin so that might be the reason that I have no charging message.
This message was appearing from the beginning on my device. Even when I had the default Wallpaper. This is just a Wallpaper from Google cityscapes.
I have never seen my battery indicator changing colours! Only that tiny battery icon which appears when the device is powered OFF has a minuscule number which shows the percentage and it's initially red and then turns blue.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 12:54 AM Post #1,857 of 1,922
I do agree about the enjoyment of the device and whatever happens happens but may be some people may have struggled to pay for a device so they want to make sure it is going to last. My previous Dap only lasted just over a year before it needed a new battery (had the hassle of sending it back to China myself) so I am also pretty cautious about looking after the battery.
Agreed, this is absolutely all right that someone takes good care of their device. There are multiple factors come into play when we talk about these portable battery life, not just the charge cycle or limit. For example, the operating environment like too humid, too hot or too cold. Typr of chargers or cable used and so on.
I guess just like IEM burn-in or high-end cables this is another never ending debate. There is no absolutely wrong or right. It's just a matter of belief :)

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:51 AM Post #1,858 of 1,922
Well, I've just ordered this charger, it will arrive tomorrow. This one is 27W whereas the one I'm currently using is 45W.
I've ordered it mainly because I don't want to use my 45W smartphone's charger with the DAP, not because I'm fixated to set a Max Battery level.
Let's hope that the DAP will function properly with this new charger.

Apr 18, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #1,859 of 1,922
Well, I've just ordered this charger, it will arrive tomorrow. This one is 27W whereas the one I'm currently using is 45W.
I've ordered it mainly because I don't want to use my 45W smartphone's charger with the DAP, not because I'm fixated to set a Max Battery level.
Let's hope that the DAP will function properly with this new charger.
Sorry I couldn't be of further assistance regarding your choice of charger. That the charge limiting feature may work or not work depending on the charger was itself news to the team.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back