HiBy R8 II - HiBy's New High-End DAP
Apr 5, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #466 of 508
Thanks all important and useful considerations.

Actually super important as the double batteries 🔋 issue is something I didn't pay attention to but clearly a deal breaker at this price.

Closed Android is not so much an issue for me as I need a player, Tidal, Spotify and a radio. But the SE300 is quite expensive for a dap with a selling point being r2r "signature" (meaning pleasant sounding imperfections). I have the HiBy FC6 to play with r2r for cheap, of course it's not the same as A&K but both are not reference transparent anyway.
Hiby R8ii is a beast and if you want dap that’s cheaper but amazing you have the R6 pro ii as a choice it’s pretty nice beside the battery life, and the lack of power but if you only use iem R6 is a fantastic choice.

Apr 5, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #467 of 508
Thanks all important and useful considerations.

Actually super important as the double batteries 🔋 issue is something I didn't pay attention to but clearly a deal breaker at this price.

Closed Android is not so much an issue for me as I need a player, Tidal, Spotify and a radio. But the SE300 is quite expensive for a dap with a selling point being r2r "signature" (meaning pleasant sounding imperfections). I have the HiBy FC6 to play with r2r for cheap, of course it's not the same as A&K but both are not reference transparent anyway.
Sincerely, since it's 2k, the R8II is more or less you get "all the sound", unless you aim for R-R special sauce in the RS8 you reached the peak.

Apr 7, 2024 at 12:37 PM Post #468 of 508
Hi Guys, I recently bought the Hiby R6 Pro ii but had to send it back due to an issue with the screen. I was on the verge of ordering a replacement as I really like the device, but a dealer in the UK suggested the R8 ii. I asked him if it is worth paying double the cost of the R6 Pro ii and he reckons the difference is like night & day but he said I need to upgrade my headphones/ items. I just wondered what your thoughts are on this please? I would probably be happy with the R6 Pro but there is always that thought of what if, especially as this purchase will have to last a while! Thanks

Apr 7, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #469 of 508
Hi Guys, I recently bought the Hiby R6 Pro ii but had to send it back due to an issue with the screen. I was on the verge of ordering a replacement as I really like the device, but a dealer in the UK suggested the R8 ii. I asked him if it is worth paying double the cost of the R6 Pro ii and he reckons the difference is like night & day but he said I need to upgrade my headphones/ items. I just wondered what your thoughts are on this please? I would probably be happy with the R6 Pro but there is always that thought of what if, especially as this purchase will have to last a while! Thanks
A dealer suggested. That's all you need to know. Get the one 2x the price, but also spend 2k on earphones 🙃

Apr 7, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #471 of 508
Do you have overhead headphones that require power to drive or you only use iems?

R6 pro ii has forward mids and is good if you only have iems you will be happy but it lacks in power if you have headphone that are hard to drive.

R8ii is more neutral and organic also has better dynamics and better soundstage and more bass slam hits harder with my iems.

I have both and I only use iems at first I though I only needed the R6 pro but the R8ii kept getting better with burning in and it offers something that the R6 pro doesn’t have.

Also if you gonna carry your dap with you R6 feels more like a smart phone but R8ii is heavier but has crazy battery life. In the end it depends on what you want both are fantastic daps.

Apr 7, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #472 of 508
Yes I did have that thought!
Do you have overhead headphones that require power to drive or you only use iems?

R6 pro ii has forward mids and is good if you only have iems you will be happy but it lacks in power if you have headphone that are hard to drive.

R8ii is more neutral and organic also has

R8ii is more neutral and organic also has better dynamics and better soundstage and more bass slam hits harder with my iems.

I have both and I only use iems at first I though I only needed the R6 pro but the R8ii kept getting better with burning in and it offers something that the R6 pro doesn’t have.

Also if you gonna carry your dap with you R6 feels more like a smart phone but R8ii is heavier but has crazy battery life. In the end it depends on what you want both are fantastic daps.

better dynamics and better soundstage and more bass slam hits harder with my iems.

Also if you gonna carry your dap with you R6 feels more like a smart phone but R8ii is heavier but has crazy battery life. In the end it depends on what you want both are fantastic

Also if you gonna carry your dap with you R6 feels more like a smart phone but R8ii is heavier but has crazy battery life. In the end it depends on what you want both are fantastic daps

Hi I use IEM's for probably 90% of the time. I use my Fiio FH7's most of the time, do you think I need to upgrade to get the most out of the R8 ii?

Apr 7, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #473 of 508

Hi I use IEM's for probably 90% of the time. I use my Fiio FH7's most of the time, do you think I need to upgrade to get the most out of the R8 ii?
You will be very happy with the R6 pro it’s really amazing dap. Tho highly resolving iems require power to shine in my case I have the Mest2, Gaea, Fatfreq SM, Radon 6 those iems get better dynamics with more power and scale better so I don’t make sense to only use the R6 because the R8ii would better for me.

If you don’t have high end iems and hard to drive iems R6 pro is very good with iems you will be very happy.

However, if you plan to acquire high end iems or headphones the R8ii is better depending on your current iem collection.

Even with high end iems you will be happy with R6ii but if you gonna use the R8ii it’s hard to g back to the R6. I only upgraded to the R8 because I couldn’t drive my Scarlet mini well with R6 so it really depends on you set up.

Note that if you are gonna order R6 pro from Hiby I recommend getting the glass screen protector as its case tend to be loose a little bit and with glass screen protector it will hold into the leather case much better and you will have a better grip.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #474 of 508
I’m experiencing a regular playback issue with my R8 II where track is showing on the timeline that it’s playing but there’s no output. Headphones are of course connected and reconnecting them doesn’t fix the issue, same if I want to use the line out. This happens on Tidal and Spotify. I need to restart the device in order to fix the problem. Has anyone comes across this before and know of a solution?

This is happening about twice a day when I stop using the device and then come back to it after a couple hours.

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:57 PM Post #475 of 508
I’m experiencing a regular playback issue with my R8 II where track is showing on the timeline that it’s playing but there’s no output. Headphones are of course connected and reconnecting them doesn’t fix the issue, same if I want to use the line out. This happens on Tidal and Spotify. I need to restart the device in order to fix the problem. Has anyone comes across this before and know of a solution?

This is happening about twice a day when I stop using the device and then come back to it after a couple hours.
Have you updated it with the new firmware ?

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:57 PM Post #476 of 508

There is a new update you should install that maybe it will fix your issue because I’m not facing what you just described.

Apr 10, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #477 of 508
Oui, j'ai eu cette pensée !

Salut, j'utilise les IEM probablement 90% du temps. J'utilise mon Fiio FH7 la plupart du temps, pensez-vous que j'ai besoin d'une mise à niveau pour tirer le meilleur parti du R8 ii ?

I think you will be very happy with the R6pro II.

I had the Cayin N7 and the Cayin Ru7 donggle, I could hardly tell the difference between the two with Ananda hi-fi headphones. with Monarch Mkii Very slightly.

This surprised me a lot.

But on the more high-end he1000v2 steath or even the multiverse mentor then yes there is more of a difference.
the soundstage especially on the n7 was significantly better.

This r8ii appeals to me a lot now that I'm listening to dap again....and that I sold my n7.😅

If it could be even better I would be very happy.

If you plan to upgrade later it might be the R8ii.

But you can also start with the r6pro II while waiting to upgrade your iem and buy the second-hand r8ii more cheaply at that time.

Apr 10, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #478 of 508
I think you will be very happy with the R6pro II.

I had the Cayin N7 and the Cayin Ru7 donggle, I could hardly tell the difference between the two with Ananda hi-fi headphones. with Monarch Mkii Very slightly.

This surprised me a lot.

But on the more high-end he1000v2 steath or even the multiverse mentor then yes there is more of a difference.
the soundstage especially on the n7 was significantly better.

This r8ii appeals to me a lot now that I'm listening to dap again....and that I sold my n7.😅

If it could be even better I would be very happy.

If you plan to upgrade later it might be the R8ii.

But you can also start with the r6pro II while waiting to upgrade your iem and buy the second-hand r8ii more cheaply at that time.
I’d say yea R6 pro ii is really good I’m using it right now at home that’s how much I like it. In terms of the signature there is a difference between the two daps so the experience will be different and most apparent with high end iems.

Also, according to Andrew from MusicTeck R8ii is much better than N7. I’d start with R6 pro ii then get the R8ii later this year when it’s %20 off or something close to that.

Apr 10, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #479 of 508
Je dirais que oui, le R6 pro ii est vraiment bon, je l'utilise en ce moment à la maison, c'est à quel point je l'aime. En termes de signature, il y a une différence entre les deux dap donc l'expérience sera différente et plus évidente avec des produits haut de gamme.

De plus, selon Andrew de MusicTeck, le R8ii est bien meilleur que le N7. Je commencerais par le R6 pro ii, puis j'obtiendrais le R8ii plus tard cette année, à 20 % de réduction ou quelque chose de proche.
Very good choice! start with the P6 pro and wait for a price drop.

I hadn't heard this information from Andrew compared it to the N7. thank you very much for this information.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back