iFi Audio nano iDSD Black Label (TOUR details - PAGE 12 / TOUR participants - page 26 post #386)
Nov 30, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #406 of 1,008
it's only sony mdr-100app

The battery may be the weak area of the Nano BL (I get four hours using IEM's before red), but I think yours has a problem, that is if you are sure it was fully charged before use.

Unless you are listening at crazy high volumes, the 103 dB/mW sensitivity combined with the 24 ohm impedance of that headphone should give a much longer battery life.

Nov 30, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #407 of 1,008
The battery may be the weak area of the Nano BL (I get four hours using IEM's before red), but I think yours has a problem, that is if you are sure it was fully charged before use.

Unless you are listening at crazy high volumes, the 103 dB/mW sensitivity combined with the 24 ohm impedance of that headphone should give a much longer battery life.
I'm on 11 o'clocks sound level of Nano BL's volume. so yeah I guess it's defective.

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #408 of 1,008
When I get the tour one I'll compare it to the Mojo. Would love it to be as good!

Dec 1, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #412 of 1,008
Mojo and iDSD micro BL is a matter of preferences and synergy with the headphones; I don't find one better than the other. I am not sure where the nano BL fall in this case but will give my insight when I have it in hand.

Dec 1, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #413 of 1,008
Mojo and iDSD micro BL is a matter of preferences and synergy with the headphones; I don't find one better than the other. I am not sure where the nano BL fall in this case but will give my insight when I have it in hand.
Ok a big fire and you have to pick one.

Dec 2, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #416 of 1,008
I got my Nano BL today and so far I'm really impressed.
Coming from a Mojo I am more than happy with the build quality and to me the sound quality is certainly no worse - it is maybe slightly brighter than the Mojo. Very small difference though and they both sound great.

I put the latest firmware on and MQA is working fine with Tidal on PC.
It is working fine with USB Audio Player Pro on my Galaxy S8+ with no radio interference!!! This is my main annoyance about the Mojo.

I prefer the form of the Nano BL to the Mojo too, because I use it 50/50 desk and portable. The Nano just seems to fit better as a desktop solution.

A couple of things of note/issues:
- On PC if I have it set as default audio device and then use Tidal or JRiver with excusive mode it seems to get stuck after I close the programme. For example... play songs in Tidal, close Tidal, open Youtube I get no sound. I have to change to another default device and then back again to get sound.
- When connected to my S8 I can plug the Nano in turned on or off and it seems to make no difference. But if I turn the Nano off while still connected I get a red flashing LED - not really a problem but I don't know what this means.
- The little bag is wonky and the bottom isn't sewn up properly. I can't be bothered to send the whole thing back for a replacement just for that though. Hopefully iFi will just send me a new bag.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #417 of 1,008
and the bottom isn't sewn up properly
dude, its to poke your cables through so you can keep it in the bag whilst in use! Have a look - mine is exactly the same and the seams look intentionally sewn that way. When mobile i have the otg cable poking out of there and the headphones out the top so i can change volume easily.

Look at the little fella!

20171202_190441.jpg 20171202_190407.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #418 of 1,008
dude, its to poke your cables through so you can keep it in the bag whilst in use! Have a look - mine is exactly the same and the seams look intentionally sewn that way. When mobile i have the otg cable poking out of there and the headphones out the top so i can change volume easily.

Hahahaha well that makes a lot of sense!
Doh....
That'll teach me for not looking properly.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #419 of 1,008

Users who are viewing this thread

Back