Introducing the HIFIMAN HE-R9!
Jan 28, 2022 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 342
We are very excited to introduce our all-new HE-R9, the Closed-Back Dynamic Driver Headphone!
R9-1-3(1).jpg

1643351908715.png
The new HE-R9 features high sensitivity thanks to the use of rare earth magnets and our classic Topology Diaphragm for detailed high-frequency response to 35kHz. By applying nano-scale particles to the diaphragm in a variety of patterns and layers, a high-level optimization occurs, having a positive effect on the audio characteristics.

The HE-R9 is designed for extended listening sessions. The headband features high-grade memory foam for maximum comfort and elasticity. The headband skeleton is made of steel that is lightweight and strong. On the outside, real leather gives the R9 a soft and elegant appearance. Newly designed earcups are large for substantial volume and exceptional overall acoustics.

For compatibility with the highest range of sources, the HE-R9’s socket accommodates both dual-sided 3.5mm and single-sided balanced cables. The addition of HIFIMAN’s Bluemini R2R dongle* turns the R9 into a high-resolution wireless headphone.
R9-3(1).jpg

HE-R9 Headphone Specifications:
Frequency Response: 15Hz-35kHz
Impedance: 32Ω
Sensitivity: 100dB
Weight: 328g
3.5mm balanced socket on the left

Learn more: https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/he-r9.html

Last edited:
HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jan 28, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #2 of 342
Why they don't post this in the announcement, I'll never know. It's $599.00 +$150 for the BT5.0 wireless dongle

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #3 of 342
Why they don't post this in the announcement, I'll never know. It's $599.00 +$150 for the BT5.0 wireless dongle
Appreciated, here's to hoping they push out the new hardware/headband assembly for the HE R10 soon as well

Jan 28, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #4 of 342
Appreciated, here's to hoping they push out the new hardware/headband assembly for the HE R10 soon as well
Oh don't get me started, I have the HE-R10P and HE-R10D here for a couple of weeks to test and review and at least one of them is already outdated as of September 2021. But no other sample seems to exist outside of the one shown at CanJam SoCal.

Jan 28, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #5 of 342
Color reminds me of the TH-900 by Fostex. Pretty.

Jan 28, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #6 of 342
Oh don't get me started, I have the HE-R10P and HE-R10D here for a couple of weeks to test and review and at least one of them is already outdated as of September 2021. But no other sample seems to exist outside of the one shown at CanJam SoCal.
Dude I got to photograph AND handle it, it's stunning! An I can't wait till they start stocking us :D

Jan 28, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #7 of 342
Because they don’t want people to immediately complain or hijack discussion with price.

These are downright beautiful. But at AirPods Max price and within apple ecosystem, these really have to deliver better sound to compete.

Jan 28, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #8 of 342
These are downright beautiful. But at AirPods Max price and within apple ecosystem, these really have to deliver better sound to compete.
I have heard them. The sound is very close to an R10D, and miles ahead of Airpods Max.

Jan 28, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #11 of 342
The price point makes the He-r9 really attractive much like the edition XS, but I have a couple questions. How does the single sided cable/Bluetooth adapter work? I don't see any cables coming from one side to the other. Usually there is an obvious cable like the t50-rp, I don't see that here. They are really pretty though and I'm very interested in a good closed back that can beat iems.

Jan 28, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #12 of 342
The price point makes the He-r9 really attractive much like the edition XS, but I have a couple questions. How does the single sided cable/Bluetooth adapter work? I don't see any cables coming from one side to the other. Usually there is an obvious cable like the t50-rp, I don't see that here. They are really pretty though and I'm very interested in a good closed back that can beat iems.
If I remember correctly, the left side accepts a balanced 3.5mm cable or the bluetooth adapter; you can also run mono 3.5mm to both sides, bypassing the internal wiring which is hidden in a groove in the metal.

It’s ahead of r10d that costs double?
ahead of Airpods Max

Jan 28, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #13 of 342
The headband has an internal cable going through. Then the adapter just fits in the left side with the internal cable handling the right side.

IMG_3976.jpg
IMG_3979.jpg

This is also why the updated HE-R10P won't work with this adapter since it's using dual entry cables with the arguably better headband design, but one that has no room for the internal wiring.

Jan 28, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #15 of 342
Sony should feel very proud that they continue to inspire Hifiman after this many years of the original Sony MDR-R10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back