KEF Mu7 Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones
Oct 13, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #17 of 176
Well, mainstream phones don't support AptX Adaptive anyway. Samsung, Pixel or Apple don't support it. At least for the US, that's the vast majority of all phones sold.

You'd need to get more niche brands like Sony or Asus, or some of the Chinese brands.

Otherwise an odd omission, yes.
I agree, odd indeed. Lack of support on AptX Adaptive aside(I am on ldac side anyway), my point was that why a product released in October of 2022, does not offer one of (arguably)TOTL codec offering. KEF is entering a very crowded segment. I really wonder if KEF intends to compete or sell to few niche buyers only.

Oct 13, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #18 of 176
I agree, odd indeed. Lack of support on AptX Adaptive aside(I am on ldac side anyway), my point was that why a product released in October of 2022, does not offer one of (arguably)TOTL codec offering. KEF is entering a very crowded segment. I really wonder if KEF intends to compete or sell to few niche buyers only.
You're absolutely correct in that regard. It's as if they bought a Qualcomm chipset 4 years ago and finally decided to release their headphone around that chipset today.

Oct 15, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #19 of 176
I recieved mine last week on a kef or order and I must say that straight out of the box they sound great , on smart anc2 setting everything sounded great in Bluetooth mode through iPad Pro using Apple music format , they feel solid nicely built and are comfortable , the ear pads are super comfy and the clamping is great for my ears anyway , I tried them wired with dragonfly red and passive only mode and they shine base is solid but It over bearing the minds are very nice and treble is clean , I have Sony mx4s and focal elegias and rode nth—also and at the moment I’m super impressed , I haven’t really used the touchpad on the right ear pad so far but it’s very similar to the Sony version , the Bluetooth connects easily and to more than 1 product with no problem , hope this helps

Oct 15, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #20 of 176
I recieved mine last week on a kef or order and I must say that straight out of the box they sound great , on smart anc2 setting everything sounded great in Bluetooth mode through iPad Pro using Apple music format , they feel solid nicely built and are comfortable , the ear pads are super comfy and the clamping is great for my ears anyway , I tried them wired with dragonfly red and passive only mode and they shine base is solid but It over bearing the minds are very nice and treble is clean , I have Sony mx4s and focal elegias and rode nth—also and at the moment I’m super impressed , I haven’t really used the touchpad on the right ear pad so far but it’s very similar to the Sony version , the Bluetooth connects easily and to more than 1 product with no problem , hope this helps
Thanks for the impressions! Are the band and cups aluminium? First pictures released made them look like plastic, but the details released say metal.

Oct 15, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #22 of 176
Hi ear cups Are Aluminium polished similar to the Apple max and the arms are metal and the slide band is as far as I can see is metal also , the quality is superb , much better in my opinion than the Sony x4 and the new Sony x5 , hope this helps
Excellent, that helps a lot - exactly what I was hoping to hear. I’m a fan of the KEF house sound and have been waiting for a good over-ear wireless model from them. Think I might have to give these a shot.

Oct 15, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #23 of 176
Hi ear cups Are Aluminium polished similar to the Apple max and the arms are metal and the slide band is as far as I can see is metal also , the quality is superb , much better in my opinion than the Sony x4 and the new Sony x5 , hope this helps
You by chance have measurements of the earcup opening? H x W x D in mm? Curious how comfortable they might be for big ears. And are the drivers angled?

Oct 16, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #24 of 176
You by chance have measurements of the earcup opening? H x W x D in mm? Curious how comfortable they might be for big ears. And are the drivers angled?
Hi
i haven’t measured, I don’t think the drivers are angled upon gently feeling through the cloth but there about the same as the Sony size ear ups as the Sony x5

Oct 16, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #25 of 176
Hi
i haven’t measured, I don’t think the drivers are angled upon gently feeling through the cloth but there about the same as the Sony size ear ups as the Sony x5
I presume that it is the Sony WH-1000 XM4 and XM5 that you have been referring to in these posts?

Can you compare the depth in particular between the Kef and the two Sonys? I find that the XM4 fit me ok (but nothing to spare). Whereas, the XM5 must be a bit shallower (or the driver angled differently) because these touch my ears (Pressing my ears towards my head).

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2022 at 7:53 AM Post #26 of 176
I presume that it is the Sony WH-1000 XM4 and XM5 that you have been referring to in these posts?

Can you compare the depth in particular between the Kef and the two Sonys? I find that the XM4 fit me ok (but nothing to spare). Whereas, the XM5 must be a bit shallower (or the driver angled differently) because these touch my ears (Pressing my ears towards my head).
Hi yes it is

Oct 16, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #28 of 176
how does it compared to elegia please?

Oct 16, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #29 of 176
Does it come with an app to adjust the sound if needed? Have you tried the mic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back