Look! MOONDROP's First HiFi Smartphone, MIAD01
Apr 25, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #31 of 164
LG is a very large company. Therefore, their numbers are probably gonna be a lot larger to make it makes sense for them to offer a phone.
Sure! My point only was that if even a company that has wads of money to throw at it couldn't get it to work it may be signalling something. Namely that audiophiles always want something that is not offered just yet or want a no-compromise sound, and that smartphone aficionados simply want the best phone possible for their money.

drftr

Apr 25, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #32 of 164
Now if Samsung can get together and release something like this more advanced, with balanced output and 10000 mAh battery, wow will be a hit amoung us audiophiles.
No hope with sam.
Sam makes bad audio phone compare to iphone. No bass detail, loose beating, layering are untidy

Apr 25, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #36 of 164
Price is definitely attractive and audio quality will likely be better than any dongle. However this is neither a full featured smartphone or a full featured DAP so not sure how big of a market this really creates. By "full featured" I mean the respective mass market priorities for smartphones (photo quality, graphics, AI) and DAPs (power and amp design, DAC implementation, input/output options).

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #38 of 164
I'm currently in the market for a phone, if this works in the US with the 5G networks and has the ability to use a map app that connects to Android Auto, id be willing to switch from the Apple addiction ($1300 phone with 512gb)...and the cirrus logic DAC of implemented properly, beats the bejeezus out of the current ESS telephone offerings and some other daps too. Yeah, $400, nice. I'll wait for a few impressions and reliable reviews before pulling the trigger...

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #39 of 164
Xperia is also one of those audiophile smartphones which is very expensive. Eventhough it only sports 3.5mm
Wouldn't even call it an audiophile headphone since it lacks any dedicated dac/amp besides the one that's built into the SoC...I even feel its lacking power for IEMs...It's a great device for other reasons tho! :)

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #40 of 164
In 2024 .. all DAPs are basically missing 5G for comfortable streaming providers access on the way or even to access our personal music streaming servers (Bubble Upnp) .. this smartphone is an interesting way to do this (with access through android 13 to powerampEQ or wavelet)...
But .. it's not clear if some important options are available or not => esim and wireless charging (to add a magsafe like battery for long overseas trips) ?

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #41 of 164
Audiophile smartphones have existed for many years. LG had a handful of amazing quad DAC phones that still blow many dongles out of the water despite the fact that they vanished from the market due to the lack of interest. I'm afraid this device will follow the dinosaurs the same way as said LG phones and all kinds of other great devices like the iPod Classic.

drftr
I e always used only LG smartphones and still do. Lg V50 and V60. Very good phones even now. I was asking for something more modern with bigger battery and 4.4 mm balanced output.

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #42 of 164
I e always used only LG smartphones and still do. Lg V50 and V60. Very good phones even now. I was asking for something more modern with bigger battery and 4.4 mm balanced output.
I wouldn't assume a 4.4mm jack operates in "true" balanced mode. One of the great features of the 4.4mm spec is that is supports both SE and balanced.

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:32 PM Post #43 of 164
I've used a Samsung S20 5G for over 2 years now as my DAP, using PowerAmp app as my library / player, which has an excellent output via usb-c. Combining a 4.4mm balance cable to my IEMs with a usb-c to 4.4mm dac/amp/dongle, I'm getting excellent sound with not only my FLAC files, but even the (dwindling) collection of 320kbs mp3 files.

But, bringing phone features into a DAP is a nifty idea. I'm sure this may open the door for others to do the same.

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:33 PM Post #44 of 164
I'm currently in the market for a phone, of this works in the US with the 5G networks and has the ability to use a map app that connects to Android Auto, id be willing to switch from the Apple addiction ($1300 phone with 512 gen)...and the cirrus logic DAC of implemented properly, beats the bejeezus out of the current ESS tele offerings and some other dap too. Yeah, $400, nice. I'll wait for a few impressions and reliable reviews before pulling the trigger...

Miad 01:
LTE: B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/20/28(A+B)/38/40/41/66
5G: N1/3/5/7/8/20/28/41/77/78

For bands
AT&T: 2/4/5/12/14/17/29/30/66 (5G: N2/N5/N77)
Verizon: 2/4/5/13/46/48/66 (5G: N2/N5)
T Mobile: 2/4/5/12/66/71 (5G: N41/N77)

Yes it’s compatible, T mobile is your best bet though.
You don’t get 5mm 5G but then again the phone is $399. This phone is cheaper that the DC-Elite I just bought. You don’t lose much buying blind

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #45 of 164
I used LG phones (V20, 30 & 40) for several years b/c of excellent on-board audio processing, even out of 3.5mm jack. But my phone carrier (V) decided to drop LG phones and I had to shift to Samsung -- I adjusted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back