Look! MOONDROP's First HiFi Smartphone, MIAD01
Apr 25, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #46 of 164
Miad 01:
LTE: B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/20/28(A+B)/38/40/41/66
5G: N1/3/5/7/8/20/28/41/77/78

For bands
AT&T: 2/4/5/12/14/17/29/30/66 (5G: N2/N5/N77)
Verizon: 2/4/5/13/46/48/66 (5G: N2/N5)
T Mobile: 2/4/5/12/66/71 (5G: N41/N77)

Yes it’s compatible, T mobile is your best bet though.
You don’t get 5mm 5G but then again the phone is $399. This phone is cheaper that the DC-Elite I just bought. You don’t lose much buying blind
Appreciate that, thx! Should be fine with T-Mobile...I'm looking at Mint mobile also and checking it out.

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #47 of 164
Wouldn't even call it an audiophile headphone since it lacks any dedicated dac/amp besides the one that's built into the SoC...I even feel its lacking power for IEMs...It's a great device for other reasons tho! :)
True, I thought I saw them advertising for hi-res LOL!! Was never much into smartphones with DAC/amp

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #48 of 164
I used LG phones (V20, 30 & 40) for several years b/c of excellent on-board audio processing, even out of 3.5mm jack. But my phone carrier (V) decided to drop LG phones and I had to shift to Samsung -- I adjusted.
I see no problem with Samsung either, but you need to buy a high end dongle. I use L&P W4 and I am very happy how it sounds.

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #49 of 164
I see no problem with Samsung either, but you need to buy a high end dongle. I use L&P W4 and I am very happy how it sounds.
I took a chance on a $20 on Amazon, and it is amazingly good sounding. I can compare a 3.5mm jack cable with usb c dongle to the 4.4mm cable with the 4.4mm dac dongle -- sound is at least 50% better to me.

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #50 of 164
i have been a huge moondrop fan but I am kind of skeptical about this because my user experience with the moonlink app was just sub par... I am wondering if they can really make a proper phone if they can't make one simple app properly...

I will still give them a shot I guess.
Exactly.

Apr 25, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #51 of 164
Very impressive. I hope this market flourishes and turns into something even bigger.
Xperia is also one of those audiophile smartphones which is very expensive. Eventhough it only sports 3.5mm

Audiophile smartphones have existed for many years. LG had a handful of amazing quad DAC phones that still blow many dongles out of the water despite the fact that they vanished from the market due to the lack of interest. I'm afraid this device will follow the dinosaurs the same way as said LG phones and all kinds of other great devices like the iPod Classic.
Yesterday I set up this Sony Xperia as my DAP for my TWS. My reasoning for using a cell; 1. Usually cell phone will have stronger antennas than DAPs. 2. The Sony sends in aptX Adaptive and LDAC. For Bluetooth purposes that is all that is important for a player, in terms of hardware influencing the sound. The rest of specs concern wired. My MTW4 and AVIOT TE~ZX1 sound excellent with the Sony. I won't turn the volume all the way as I'll do more damage to my hearing if I try it. In BT, the TWS influences most of the sound quality.

I have been using a HiBy M300, it has both codecs and decent antennas. The Sony responds much better to touch and also has a memory card slot. For those of us who need many gigs of space, phones with memory slots are far and few. Also DAPs at any price, 90% do not have both codecs.

I need to A/B the Sony and M300 to decide which to keep. If I could get the Moondrop in time, I'd compare and consider keeping it out of the 3.
All 3 are under $400. The A&K SP3000 I've has my eye on is $3,699.00. Last time I checked it does not have both codecs.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #52 of 164
This phone is cheaper that the DC-Elite I just bought. You don’t lose much buying blind

Spot on - this is why I ordered it immediately, what is there to lose when we are typically paying 3x this price for the latest Samsung or Apple overpriced junk?

If nothing else, this device will push the larger phone companies to include more information about their headphone outputs on the phones they make.

I've been using a Sony XPERIA phone lately, and I can't even tell if the 3.5mm jack has hi-res capability or not. Instead, I just use a dongle or use the hotspot with a DAP in the pocket. How ridiculous in this day and age!

If you check over at GSM Arena, it's fairly clear that Moondrop's phone is most likely and OEM variant of the Lava Blaze phone, which has excellent reviews. I'm excited for it and see very little to lose.

Moondrop is doing the community a huge favor here and I feel should be rewarded for pushing the boundaries (and using their common sense)!

Apr 25, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #53 of 164
Yesterday I set up this Sony Xperia as my DAP for my TWS. My reasoning for using a cell; 1. Usually cell phone will have stronger antennas than DAPs. 2. The Sony sends in aptX Adaptive and LDAC. For Bluetooth purposes that is all that is important for a player, in terms of hardware influencing the sound. The rest of specs concern wired. My MTW4 and AVIOT TE~ZX1 sound excellent with the Sony. I won't turn the volume all the way as I'll do more damage to my hearing if I try it. In BT, the TWS influences most of the sound quality.

I have been using a HiBy M300, it has all the codecs and decent antennas. The Sony responds much better to touch and also has a memory card slot. For those of us who need many gigs of space, phones with memory slots are far and few. Also DAPs at any price, 90% do not have both codecs.

I need to A/B the Sony and M300 to decide which to keep. If I could get the Moondrop in time, I'd compare and consider keeping it out of the 3.

Sony XPERIA 10 V is my current phone and I definitely find the 3.5mm jack has better sound than the LDAC Bluetooth, however neither sound is even close to my old LG V50 and Hisense A7 CC phones (gathering dust). Then, comparing all of them to DAPs like Fiio M15s / HIBY R8 I find it still worth the trouble of using a proper DAP.

Hopefully we have a game changer here. I have no doubt that Hiby and Fiio are watching closely anyway!

I'll compare them all with the Moondrop when it arrives.

Apr 25, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #60 of 164
Hard pass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back