Luxury & Precision (LP) W4, Successor to Their Popular W1/W2 USB Dongle is Here!
Aug 2, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #976 of 1,440
Excuse the question but what smartphone are you using it with? Apple? If so, try it from computer or android and see if it has the same fault... if it doesn't, the problem is the iPhone... obviously.
Try different source as suggested PC (the best) or other Android phone (Apple is always finicky), could be USB chip compatibility. I believe HiBy FC6 had similar issue on SnapDragon 8 phones.
Update to the latest FW, check OP.

Aug 2, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #977 of 1,440
Excuse the question but what smartphone are you using it with? Apple? If so, try it from computer or android and see if it has the same fault... if it doesn't, the problem is the iPhone... obviously.

Have you tried to downgrade your firmware and them reverse?

Try different source as suggested PC (the best) or other Android phone (Apple is always finicky), could be USB chip compatibility. I believe HiBy FC6 had similar issue on SnapDragon 8 phones.
Update to the latest FW, check OP.

I have Android phones (Pixel 7 Pro and Ulefone Armor 21) that I've tested on along with Mac Mini. It happens on each of them. Firmware has been updated but haven't thought about reverting back to the prior version. Would that be the same flashing instructions or could it cause an issue if I go back? I wouldn't think it would but having rooted Android phones, I know it's generally not recommended to flash previous firmware.

Also, MusicTeck got back to me and said because the W4 has a higher output (420mw), that could be why I'm hearing it here but not on other DACs. Are others hearing a similar sound?

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #978 of 1,440
Omg. If I knew that W4 is also buggy as was W2, I probably wouldn’t pull the trigger…
Also, MusicTeck got back to me and said because the W4 has a higher output (420mw), that could be why I'm hearing it here but not on other DACs. Are others hearing a similar sound?
Ifi go bar has even higher outputs with zero issues. What IEM are you using?

Aug 3, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #981 of 1,440
Omg. If I knew that W4 is also buggy as was W2, I probably wouldn’t pull the trigger…

Ifi go bar has even higher outputs with zero issues. What IEM are you using?
You had defective W2, what was the issue?
@tmc414, how does it work on PC. If you have issues on multiple platforms, the problem is with the dongle, ask for a replacement. What you are describing is not normal.

Aug 3, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #982 of 1,440
You had defective W2, what was the issue?
@tmc414, how does it work on PC. If you have issues on multiple platforms, the problem is with the dongle, ask for a replacement. What you are describing is not normal.
It wasn’t defective, but it has a problem with M1/M2 Macbooks, at least for me this problem was fixed by firmware after 1.5 years. Some 3d party cables caused artificial noises that was fixed recently with firmware, after 2 years. 🥲

Aug 3, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #983 of 1,440
Aug 3, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #984 of 1,440
It wasn’t defective, but it has a problem with M1/M2 Macbooks, at least for me this problem was fixed by firmware after 1.5 years. Some 3d party cables caused artificial noises that was fixed recently with firmware, after 2 years. 🥲
Apple woes, my condolences. :smile:

Aug 3, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #987 of 1,440
I thought that only apple products working with macos was a feature
I've never got any dongle or dap to work with any of my macbooks without restarting coreaudiod every few minutes
Interesting.

I've used dozens of dongles, dacs & daps with multiple Mac computers over 10+ years. I've never, ever had to restart coreeaudiod.

Aug 4, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #990 of 1,440
I have never had problems with Macbooks with Lotoo Paw S1 and iFi Go Bar.
Since Musicteck doesn't want to replace it, it means that LP is confirming that having a popping effect is not a defective unit and is probably caused by firmware.
When you contact the authorial dealer about replacement, they first request the manufacturer about the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back