Luxury & Precision (LP) W4, Successor to Their Popular W1/W2 USB Dongle is Here!
May 11, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #286 of 1,430
... and therefore the first reason to switch from W1 to W4 we have eliminated (at least for me) now let's see if others will come out (sound) which are much more important.

May 11, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #287 of 1,430
My IEM doesn't hiss with Go Blu. if it does, I will say so.

Also, read what I have posted about Go Blu in my BT adapter (and some on the Go Blu thread) - let me give you a hint: I didn't exactly praise it either. I like to base my comments on fact. Measurement happens to be as factual as (and often more so than) personal experience,
It wasn t meant critical towards your Go Blu review! I am actually a fan of your write ups! :)
Just I wanted to point out that what distracts the listening experience is very relative.
If it doesn`t hiss with your phones then you are lucky. But there are dozens of people (including myself) who experience it with many phones (especially on 4,4) and it should be measurable!
So here we go again: Experience vs measurements. In my opinion they should always both be considered to judge a product. That is all I want to say!

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #288 of 1,430
I personally started the dongle road with the Lotoo S1, not long after I realised that it is too weak. I skipped the S2 and got the W2 from L&P and I am really impressed with it. Now I am waiting for the W2 to ship out, so if I am even 10% more impressed then W2 I will continue to support this company.
Don't get me wrong, I really like Lotoo as number 1 portable music player maker with screen for me.
Would be nice to see they are trying to come out with something even more impressive then the upcoming mighty W4.

May 11, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #289 of 1,430
The thing I didn't understand about Luxury & Precision's policy in releasing its new dongle is the following. Given that L&P has become famous for producing its very expensive daps with R2R technology why didn't they take up the challenge launched by Cayin with its RU6 by designing a dongle that could rival and surpass it? If L&P had released an R2R dongle it might have been more appealing to me. Then the proprietary chip which is not proprietary, half the consumption but only when idle, the site not updated and the drivers increasingly difficult to find except with the help of bluestorm 1992. All this made me decide for the Cayin, but if this new W4 were to be truly marvelous, I would seriously think about it, even if for now it doesn't invite me too much to upgrade from the excellent W1. We will see...

May 11, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #290 of 1,430
Yeah, definitely hasn’t halved the battery consumption from my basic test. I’ll try again but this time using my iPhone 13 Pro Max which obviously has a lot more capacity and see if it makes any difference.
Thanks for the testing!

I was asking about this result to LP just now, and they pointed out to me that dongle only constitutes a small part of the battery consumption of the iPod/iPhone. Hence, half consumption from the dongle doesn’t mean doubling the time, because the device will drain itself in a couple of hours regardless.

To put it differently, even if we use the stock Apple 3.5mm EarPods (which has 0 battery consumption by itself), we may not get 8 hours of playtime. :)

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 11:17 PM Post #291 of 1,430
W4 with case + S21. So clear and clean sound. First Impression ! ! !
W4 123.jpg

May 12, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #292 of 1,430
May 12, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #294 of 1,430
luxury & Precision WP2 it mix from the Ultimate U75 and U58 flagship cable
Sorry, I didn’t understand that I guess. This cable is made by Luxury & Precision? (I mean the connection cable and not the earphone cable!)

May 12, 2023 at 12:48 AM Post #295 of 1,430
May 12, 2023 at 12:52 AM Post #296 of 1,430
May 12, 2023 at 2:34 AM Post #297 of 1,430
W4 with case + S21. So clear and clean sound. First Impression ! ! !W4 123.jpg
Beautiful photo and cable. I have it and is very well made and flexible. That metallic plate should go inside the case, so it is not visible.I wish they made green case for it also just like the W2.
Are you on the latest firmware? Now all problems are solved with gen2 snapgradon phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back