Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 14, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #39,286 of 48,562
Something has to be wrong with your settings if it's not loud enough. Have you plugged the Game One into anything else like your phone? The Game One should be quite loud of most things.

Nov 14, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #39,287 of 48,562
Thank @Mad Lust Envy for replying.
I have plugged the Game One into my friend phone, LG V20 with chip hifi DAC and it is actually louder than my PC. I just set the volume around 70-80% and still louder compare to 100% on my PC.
I think now i have to get the DAC/AMP. Which is good for the Game One ?? ( xonar u7 mkii, fiioe10k, sound blaster G5, schii fulla 2...). I only play game and watch movie.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #39,288 of 48,562
Thank @Mad Lust Envy for replying.
I have plugged the Game One into my friend phone, LG V20 with chip hifi DAC and it is actually louder than my PC. I just set the volume around 70-80% and still louder compare to 100% on my PC.
I think now i have to get the DAC/AMP. Which is good for the Game One ?? ( xonar u7 mkii, fiioe10k, sound blaster G5, schii fulla 2...). I only play game and watch movie.

Please note that you have to use speakers as playback device, not headset. That is also stated in the manual. As headset it sounds very poor.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #39,289 of 48,562
short question (i know i ask this already but please i need reply from @Mad Lust Envy

i really need Stepping whoring audio setup for CSGO what's the best possible setup i can get for under 600usd (maybe more if i sold my currently setup)

currently using AKG k702 no bump edition with dac/amp chinnese fx audio x6 or maximus ix hero onboard

what's the best i can get with that amount of money ??

what i can buy to maximize my audio setup for stepping whoring (soundstage) thank you for your kind answer @Mad Lust Envy

Nov 14, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #39,290 of 48,562
I can't get the Atmos for Headphones to pass through my receiver. I have my Xbox One X connected via HDMI to my AVR but when I plug my headphones into the (Sony 1070) AVR I just get 2ch audio. No height effects. Shouldn't this work if I have the HDMI output audio selected? Has anyone tried this?

Nov 14, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #39,291 of 48,562
MLE, thanks for the review, it however unfortunately makes me want to get one.

I am almost thinking that the game one would be a great addition to the gsx 1000, but I have heard that its amp is not the best and can have some hiss. Does anyone know if those two pair well? I currently have a modi2/magni2 stack powering HD6XX which overall is excellent, but I do really enjoy positional audio in games. I have been demoing a method to emulate the gsx vss in software via voicemeeter and equalizer apo (as linked by a user somewhere in this forum and on reddit a month or two ago). I like what I hear from the gsx surround mode, but the whole setup is kind of glitchy and has issues. So would the game one and gsx be a good addition to my system to sit alongside my current setup? And does the gsx actually show up properly to windows as a 7.1 device?

Nov 14, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #39,292 of 48,562
I've been playing with the GSX 1200 PRO (which for most people will function the same as the GSX 1000) with both Sennheiser's PC 373D headset (analog cable) and the MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Open recently. I haven't run into any hissing directly from the unit, but I did experience it once when running out from the GSX into a desktop headphone amplifier.

Nov 14, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #39,293 of 48,562
Considering how much my Creative X7 pops and crackles through usb (never through optical), I'd take a little hiss over the random pops and crackles.

@halyosy

I don't reply because I honestly can't give you a good answer. I'm sure there's some crazy good stuff out there at the price range, but personal experience tells me the K702 isn't gonna be severely outclassed for gaming until you step up probably to an HD800.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #39,294 of 48,562
@Army-Firedawg let me know that Audeze LCD-2 classic exists? :astonished:

Man, I really have missed a lot. That's probably the #2 headphone after the D7000 that I'd kill to own. I have no interest in fazor or whatnot. The original LCD2 was perfection its own unique way. The mere fact a classic exists, leads me to believe it's because a lot of people preferred it over the newer fazor LCD2.

Hence why I'm all about subjectivity first. No matter how good a headphone is objectively, there's just no replacement for personal preference.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #39,296 of 48,562
Hi so I dont waste my money on gaming headsets. What Im looking for is a good pair of headphones (mic not needed as I have read you can buy separate) for gaming. This is for an Xbox One, which now has Windows Sonic and Dolby Atmos. The games mostly towards Call Of Duty, Battlefield, Star Wars BattleFront. I want to hear details, from footsteps to bullets passing by to the pin drop of a grenade, and able to locate the direction. So I am able to direct to my left behind or behind a wall in front, directional. I have read a good pair of studio phones are good and better when connected to an amp like the Creative SoundBlasters or Astro Mixamp pro, and those connected via optical cable to the xbox one. Now there are so many posts replies, and I have heard a good paid of Audia Technica to Philips, to Surplex... and some say the HyperX are just as good as they are a re brand of a stereo headset. So I really need some info on is an amp needed now that the xbox one has Dolby atmos etc loaded to it, or will it be beneficial, say for a pair of 7.1 surround sound setup headphones or Dolby DTS-x set of phones to work with the xbox one. or would it not matter as its a virtual surround sound, in that case I have read about drivers, drums and speakers in each headset cup. Such as 5 speakers on on ear piece that produces the surround sound correctly... to another advise on open and closed back... so you see so much info; advise from this group will help me determine what I think will be best ... as mention mic is not needed and have read some good advise on this Edit- to add to I have read too, AMP/DAC or combo. are these of use or not> are there studio headphones built with Dolby platforms in mind and does that matter. Also sound stage, please explain how this fits in, i understand open fit this better, but do you lose volume in the headset when put to gaming Again Cheers J

Nov 14, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #39,297 of 48,562
Hi so I dont waste my money on gaming headsets. What Im looking for is a good pair of headphones (mic not needed as I have read you can buy separate) for gaming. This is for an Xbox One, which now has Windows Sonic and Dolby Atmos. The games mostly towards Call Of Duty, Battlefield, Star Wars BattleFront. I want to hear details, from footsteps to bullets passing by to the pin drop of a grenade, and able to locate the direction. So I am able to direct to my left behind or behind a wall in front, directional. I have read a good pair of studio phones are good and better when connected to an amp like the Creative SoundBlasters or Astro Mixamp pro, and those connected via optical cable to the xbox one. Now there are so many posts replies, and I have heard a good paid of Audia Technica to Philips, to Surplex... and some say the HyperX are just as good as they are a re brand of a stereo headset. So I really need some info on is an amp needed now that the xbox one has Dolby atmos etc loaded to it, or will it be beneficial, say for a pair of 7.1 surround sound setup headphones or Dolby DTS-x set of phones to work with the xbox one. or would it not matter as its a virtual surround sound, in that case I have read about drivers, drums and speakers in each headset cup. Such as 5 speakers on on ear piece that produces the surround sound correctly... to another advise on open and closed back... so you see so much info; advise from this group will help me determine what I think will be best ... as mention mic is not needed and have read some good advise on this Edit- to add to I have read too, AMP/DAC or combo. are these of use or not> are there studio headphones built with Dolby platforms in mind and does that matter. Also sound stage, please explain how this fits in, i understand open fit this better, but do you lose volume in the headset when put to gaming Again Cheers J

Two of my headphones were purchased after lots of research, including this thread - for gaming. I'd go with the Fidelio X2 , or AKG 712 pro. AKG only if you have an amp, though. The Audio-Technica ADX line seems to be a very good option as well, which I almost pulled the trigger on.
All of said headphones have a large soundstage and great imaging, from experience the x2 is "funner" sounding but the 712 has more accurate imaging slightly.

Nov 14, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #39,298 of 48,562
Two of my headphones were purchased after lots of research, including this thread - for gaming. I'd go with the Fidelio X2 , or AKG 712 pro. AKG only if you have an amp, though. The Audio-Technica ADX line seems to be a very good option as well, which I almost pulled the trigger on.
All of said headphones have a large soundstage and great imaging, from experience the x2 is "funner" sounding but the 712 has more accurate imaging slightly.
Cheers for the reply, so from what I have been told on headsets, there range in costs, new or used, of £50 - several hundred ££s. Keeping price down before £80, what would be the recommendation

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #39,299 of 48,562
Cheers for the reply, so from what I have been told on headsets, there range in costs, new or used, of £50 - several hundred ££s. Keeping price down before £80, what would be the recommendation

The headphone I first went to after years of gaming headsets was the Sennheiser HD 598, it changed my audio world and started this hobby. Bought it for gaming primarily and it instantly surpased the Razer, Hyper x and turtle beach gaming headphones I had before. HD 598, HD 599, ADX-700, Akg 6 or 7 series I would look at if you want to keep to a certain budget in my opinion. :)

Nov 14, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #39,300 of 48,562
I can't get the Atmos for Headphones to pass through my receiver. I have my Xbox One X connected via HDMI to my AVR but when I plug my headphones into the (Sony 1070) AVR I just get 2ch audio. No height effects. Shouldn't this work if I have the HDMI output audio selected? Has anyone tried this?
It works using USB and digital out from your computer. Maybe it is the same from Xbox, HDMI is a total different story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back